0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Drunne View Post
    Damnit, Bolvar and Deathwing are 2 totally different characters ! And no, Bolvar isn't the cause of Cataclysm.
    You do realize that dragons can transform into a human like persona. Therefore it could be Deathwing in disguise.

3.3.2 is now LIVE!!
    loketar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Maffyx View Post
    You do realize that dragons can transform into a human like persona. Therefore it could be Deathwing in disguise.
    I sincerely hope your being really nit-picky there, it is HIGHLY doubtful that deathwing would turn out to be in disguise as bolvar, it would serve him little to no purpose to become the lich king. scourge want to convert everything to undeath, deathwing wants to kill everything why would he want to kill everything twice? and if it was him in disguise he would just wtf pwn tirion because he could. It doesn't matter where in the world he is, i highly doubt tirion could stand up against a dragon aspect, and on that note i highly doubt 25 level 80's + however many NPC's are in the arthas fight (haven't bothered watching it yet) can stand up to deathwing going by the power-output they are giving him to tear apart azeroth.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by loketar View Post
    i highly doubt 25 level 80's + however many NPC's are in the arthas fight (haven't bothered watching it yet) can stand up to deathwing going by the power-output they are giving him to tear apart azeroth.
    I agree with you in every aspect of the comment accept this one

I HIGHLY doubt that bolvar is deathwind in disguise... in fact I KNOW he isnt.

on that note tho.... 25 people are gonna have to kill deathwing at some point-- as he is gonna be a boss lol

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by loketar View Post
    I sincerely hope your being really nit-picky there, it is HIGHLY doubtful that deathwing would turn out to be in disguise as bolvar, it would serve him little to no purpose to become the lich king. scourge want to convert everything to undeath, deathwing wants to kill everything why would he want to kill everything twice? and if it was him in disguise he would just wtf pwn tirion because he could. It doesn't matter where in the world he is, i highly doubt tirion could stand up against a dragon aspect, and on that note i highly doubt 25 level 80's + however many NPC's are in the arthas fight (haven't bothered watching it yet) can stand up to deathwing going by the power-output they are giving him to tear apart azeroth.
    I mean its not highly probably but not impossible. Blizzard has a way of messing up good lore so you never know. But Dragons can shapeshift to a humanlike form.

Smygelito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    Arthas was once the son of the king of lordaeron
    The plague hit his kingdom and arthas said the only way to stop it was to kill anyone who was infected.. so he did-- but people got pissed

Arthas then killed his father and destroyed lordaeron (now the undercity)

Arthas went to northrend to find his sworn enemy Mal'Ganis

along the way...

Arthas was consumed by evil and found Frostmourne.. a cursed blade-- once he wielded it he became the king of the scourge (Lich King). He ruled as king for a long time-- then died (in the video)

but there always has to be a king... or the scourge can destroy the world--- so someone had to take over

the end
    Actually the sword took his soul and made him a servant to the current lich king Ner'zhul. It was the loss of his soul and the new connection to Ner'zhul that made him evil.
    By gathering every piece of Ner'zhul's armor (crafted by the Nathrezim) Ner'zul and Arthas became one. Ner'zhul is soul and spirit inside Arthas body.
    Do da didi didi dum didi do.

Vndead's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see that coming. And I think this is going to be Deathwing..

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously think that all of you thinking this is deathwing, or that there is some connection there are sadly misinformed

Cataclysm is the story of an ancient evil (Deathwing) that gets awakened at the beginning of the expansion, and wreaks havok on azeroth as he is returning to the realm.

an ancient dragon god or whatever he is, isnt going to worry about becoming the lich king.. he wants everything dead period.

NO CONNECTION WHAT SO EVER BETWEEN THE TWO EXPANSIONS

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously think that all of you thinking this is deathwing, or that there is some connection there are sadly misinformed

Cataclysm is the story of an ancient evil (Deathwing) that gets awakened at the beginning of the expansion, and wreaks havok on azeroth as he is returning to the realm.

an ancient dragon god or whatever he is, isnt going to worry about becoming the lich king.. he wants everything dead period.

NO CONNECTION WHAT SO EVER BETWEEN THE TWO EXPANSIONS
    What I don't understand is that Deathwing was consumed by the Demon Soul. Does that mean it killed him or simply sent him back to the elemental plane or w/e?

whitenash's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where has the sword gone? He picks up the helmet but not the cursed sword.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't understand is that Deathwing was consumed by the Demon Soul. Does that mean it killed him or simply sent him back to the elemental plane or w/e?
    [YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGdMzGLgqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGdMzGLgqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

IF his explosion upon returning to the realm of azeroth caused the cataclysm... then how could he have been in azeroth as bolvar before the cataclysm???

HE COULDNT.... its not him lol
    Last edited by 7itanium; 02-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Maydie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ensidia just downed Arthas,again. this time with Saronite Bombs benched & with alts.
    FLAME

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGdMzGLgqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXGdMzGLgqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

IF his explosion upon returning to the realm of azeroth caused the cataclysm... then how could he have been in azeroth as bolvar before the cataclysm???

HE COULDNT.... its not him lol
    Video didn't work for me but I'm not talking about Bolvar anymore. In the books, Rhonin used the Demon Soul on Deathwing. I haven't gone and looked back to see whether it just banished him to another dimension or killed him entirely.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video didn't work for me but I'm not talking about Bolvar anymore. In the books, Rhonin used the Demon Soul on Deathwing. I haven't gone and looked back to see whether it just banished him to another dimension or killed him entirely.
    well in the interview from blizzcon that i posted it states the following

Deathwing awoke from his slumber and literally erupted back into the realm of azeroth... causing tidal waves, volcanoes, earthquakes etc etc.... hence the cataclysm expansion.

my point is that if upon returning he "erupted" and caused the cataclysm... then how could he have possibly been anywhere but underground prior to this massive event?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well in the interview from blizzcon that i posted it states the following

Deathwing awoke from his slumber and literally erupted back into the realm of azeroth... causing tidal waves, volcanoes, earthquakes etc etc.... hence the cataclysm expansion.

my point is that if upon returning he "erupted" and caused the cataclysm... then how could he have possibly been anywhere but underground prior to this massive event?
    Yea I got your point a few post back. I'm talking about what they have written in books doesn't line up with what they're about to release. Unless I'm missing something, Deathwing shouldn't be alive at all.

Bob_Magic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not believe that there is any Connection between Bolvar and Deathwing, but knowing Blizzard this will not be the last we see of Bolvar (Notice the Ner'zhul skin?). He May reappear any time, as we understand it the people of Azeroth believe the "lich King" to be dead, but as there must always be a Lich King, Ner'zhul May indeed drive Bolvar to corruption.

As for Deathwing, there is no possible way he could be Bolvar as we have previously seen him in his humanlike form in Yogg-saron's Mind Chamber as Neltharion (Deathwing). File:YoggNeltharion.jpg - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

does that settle it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast