Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of everything ive read on this site this has to be the best.
    Maybe i havnt read alot? Maybe i have.

Great topic.
    Great Article.

Thanks man

Has WoW lost its innocence?
    gezus's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I FULLY agree with EVERYTHING in this post KuRIos. I also miss the Epicness of it all.

Some points I wanted to add:

Remember when you did down a new boss on your server, and got like a bad ass sword ie:Thunderfury? or got the Baron's mout to drop back when it was a 0.001% drop rate? .. and marched around in IF bombarded by people /w you .. "OMFG dood .. where did you get that! .. it's kick ass!!" .. and knowing that MAYBE .. .... and I mean MAYBE someone else would have the luck to get one as well. and NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT buy it with ****ing badges!!!!!

Remember when not only did you have to work your ass off to get Grand Marshall on your server.. you also had to talk to the current Grand Marshall and swing some sort of deal with him to step down and let you go get all the Grand marshall gear.. ? .. because back then .. ..... There could be only 1!?

Remember when NOTHING in the game was free? .. You had to WORK for EVERYTHING?

Remember when 100g was TONS of money? .. and farming things and AH stuff was exciting and fun because making 100g was insane! ..

Remember when Instances where well made, and boss fights where fun and creative? ..

Remember when if you wanted to go on and kill the next big boss, you had to Atune for it? .. or "EARN THE RIGHT" to face it? .. (This also was an integral part of preventing some douchebag mage from wiping you on Nef.) This also made "Gear check" Nul and Void.. if you where attuned.. you obviously had the gear/experience.

Remember when Guilds needed to be strong? .. to band together? .. and work hard towards goals? .. Show your Pride? .. now guilds come and go like a fart in the wind.. pathetic really to know that you can more or less pug your way through shithouse guilds ninja some epics, collect a few badges.. even though you where dead the whole time. and have almost EXACTLY the SAME gear that the 9/24 other guys that worked their asses off had? .. and then just Gquit, and join the next flavor of the week guild? ..

Remember when Honor used to decay? .. so if you wanted to be a PVP pimp .. you had to work for it? ..

Remember when different gear, and different mobs .............looked .......... different? .. I mean seriously why is EVERY cape in the game still using the SAME ****ING MODEL!!! .. that lazy and pathetic.

The list could go on forever. however .. I will stop there because I am about to smash my keyboard through the monitor. I leave you with two things.. one of my most fond memories (aside from the wetlands death run. Oh man was that hart pounding fun back in the day.) and an important question.

My most fond memory is of an EPIC battle between Southshore, and Tarren Mill. the heat of the battle had lasted already over an hour, and both sides where calling in reinforcements nonstop. We had pushed the horde back to around tower on the road leading to Tarren Mill, and the battle was fierce. When suddenly one of the pro hunters in my guild <Rollin with my gnomies> spotted Narillasanz the rare spawn dragon just up behind Tarren Mill (Approx by the old 40 Warrior weapon quest guy along the river) .. Immediately 2 more hunters ran to his aid. Those 3 guys kited that dragon right into the middle of the battle 2 of them feigned, and 1 died. However .. the Mayhem that ensued way Epic .. I still laugh about that and think it's by far the greatest PVP battle I have ever been a part of. LOL

Now for the question ..

What are we gonna play now? .. :P
    Teh Gez (òÓ,)_\,,/

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree wholely on the Vanilla WoW was awesome front. My only question is, imagine now, if we were still at vanilla WoW, would we really still be enjoying the same old thing or would we have now reached the stage where the majority of the player base is screaming at blizzard because there has been no change in the game for 5 years (or whatever it is.)

I think with every MMO change is impossible to avoid, many players will find the change as absolutely terrible, others will love it, it really is quite subjective.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game itself isn't fun, it's the people you play with that are.

I'm quite close with our guild, we even have rl meets (up to 4 now), play lots of other games and have a huge active community.

Twelve 3.0 Network Portal If you wanna check it out, PS: With the applications you must perform an MSpaint request or cook some food and take pictures.
    Last edited by Crysto; 12-15-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely believe that the game has gotten easier, but then again -- the game has changed just as real life has changed. The economic struggles in the real world have affected the amount of time people can afford to play WoW, thus affecting the amount of time it takes to down bosses.

It's not an easy decision, but it's what's best from the economic point of view. :\

MCdeathMC's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i got wotlk the day and it came out and my warrior is still not lvl 80 i find the game really lame now i even started playing private servers just to have fun on wow again lol

Mr. Clean's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the worst thing now, is Gear. Before it use to be something hard earned and achieving. Now if you have T9 your no big deal. You can get full T9 after a good day of heroics. I mean honestly Heroics now drop Emblem of Triumphs, its so stupid. So much for Heroism and Valor let alone Conquest.

Not to mention, its all about gear score now, no longer does talent mean anything in raids, if you dont have a certain gear amount no one will take you no matter your dps.
    im on :stage1:

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the article KuR.

on that note... can I have your accounts? lol

Noah313's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thoughts mate. My new years resolution's:
    1) Vegan diet
    2) Quit wow.

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know exactly what you mean, I loved vanilla WoW, and all there was about it, it was challenging. TBC came out and I was like alright this is something new I can roll with it, seems ok, the end game stuff was still challenging. Now as you've already stated its just easy mode on everything, there's usually only one strategy to everything. I also lost interest after not being able to bot (was using glider until it got shut down). I never sold gold, didn't know much about it. I came to this website when I was botting to see what I could learn about it, and ended up contributing some stuff to the website itself. I didn't try too many exploits and never hacked or anything. I got bored with the game myself which is why I started botting when I did. It gave me a different challenge of not being caught, and making the best paths or money spots or whatever I could do to make money. Sorry about the rambling but that's what I think in reply.

TLDR: Vanilla WoW was good, TBC was alright, WoTLK sucks, botting was fun.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News flash:
    WoW is not a 16 year old girl.

Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post, brings back lots of memories
    I can to this day still remember the rush of Adrenaline when I had to run past the crocs in wetlands, this is also where I met up with my friend who came to my rescue just as I was about to feed a croc with my own leg.
    One of the best first experiences in WoW I've ever had, i miss those days fer real.

I live in a shoe

Evilbuffy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read your entire article KuRIoS and I must say that I found it interesting. I was actually caught by it, and I admire your writing skills a lot.

And I do agree with you that "pre-tbc, alpha WoW or original WoW" was a lot better then the game it self has become today. I was unfortunatly not lucky enough to get to play during that moment, but a mate of me did. He played a Dwarf Paladin and from the first moment I saw the game I was caught by it. I do not know why, but that is how it is. I can't say he was one of the so called hardcore raiders, but he did some of the raids. I also know how all the "pre-tbc" raids were, and to be honest I would rather want it that way today too, and not like it is in ICC and so on.

But great article overall KuRIoS!

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    News flash:
    WoW is not a 16 year old girl.
    Oh... So raiding isn't another word for oral sex?

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember Ragnaros? DPS-wise, you ONLY took the frost mages. Otherwise, you died. Now, take whatever damn dps you like, as long as you have a tank and a healer you're fine...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast