Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardcore gamer maybe. However gaming is not everything. I've played wow off and on since its release. I also owned every gaming console released since the super nintendo except virtual boy.

Are you a Hardcore Gamer?
    Dichotomi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would enjoy being interviewed... I have been defined as everything from noob to hardcore, I used to (have not had the time as of late due to rl happening) put in 80 hours a week in WoW... not sure if you want a resume here or not ... GM of several guilds from social to hardcore raiding...
    never been much of console guy till the Wii came out and found out that being a gamer didn't mean sitting on the sofa allowing fat cells to accumulate on various parts of the body... I do remember becoming enamored with Duck Hunt at the age of 11 and being "grounded" from Nintendo for a week ... *sigh* good times 6):

I think you should find a female "gamer" to interview here... as the gaming world seems to be dominated by people with male genitalia...

edited out the wrong icon...
    Last edited by Dichotomi; 07-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.

bilbo2122's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard Core?

Am I a Hard Core Gamer? hmm.. Let's see how this falls out.

Was playing the ORIGINIAL D&D back before they went corporate in the 70's.

As our children grew I was running adventures for them and their friends in games such as:
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Boot Hill (western style)
    Champions (super hero genre)

First MMO I played was EQ. Played for 5.5 yrs. I confess to having bought gold and accounts for family. We also had our orginial accounts.

Played COH for 4.5 yrs. Never bought influence but our family had more then a few accounts.

Currently been playing WoW for 2.5 yrs. In our immeadate family there are 8 accounts counting:

1.) my wife (our guild's 80 Priest)
    2.) youngest daughter (age 20) (80 mage + fraking alts galore and more achievemnets then anyone I've ever met.)
    3.) youngest son - in Military in Japan
    4.) oldest son - in military in Iraq (5th trip)
    5.) Oldest daughter
    6.) Oldest daughter's soon to be husband
    7.) Oldest son's wife
    8.) and of course my own account

Never bought gold or accounts in WoW.

The game is such a part of our family that we CANCELLED our DirectTV subscription. Don't feel too bad though I built a top notch media server that gets us everything we used to pay 100 a month to watch now for nothing.

Typical day I go to the office where I work as a IT department operations director and then I come home and log in. I check my auctions first and then usually do some farming. My family ( my wife and youngest who is going to college locally & still lives at home) will play all night long after I go to bed and are still playing when i go out the door the next morning back to the office.

I bought a Logitech G13 recently just to improve my DPS and I am constantly looking to learn more about warlock builds and spell rotations. I also study the auction house alot and I make more gold then anyone in our guild and often hlep others in earning more then they are thru advice on the market if you will. I have respeced over 50 times and ran old world Stratholme over 100 (still no mount).

Does all that make me hard core? I don't know, you decide. I consider myself a function addict. and perhaps a bit a of a pusher using that anology considering how i brought my whole family into this.

We love getting together with our family who is all over the world and having fun adventuring. We love meeting new friends and discovering that some of them live near us in South Bend Indiana.

Hard core ? don't know...Dedicated...Hell yea We LOVE this game!

Be well all,

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bilbo2122 View Post
    Am I a Hard Core Gamer? hmm.. Let's see how this falls out.

Was playing the ORIGINIAL D&D back before they went corporate in the 70's.

As our children grew I was running adventures for them and their friends in games such as:
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Boot Hill (western style)
    Champions (super hero genre)

First MMO I played was EQ. Played for 5.5 yrs. I confess to having bought gold and accounts for family. We also had our orginial accounts.

Played COH for 4.5 yrs. Never bought influence but our family had more then a few accounts.

Currently been playing WoW for 2.5 yrs. In our immeadate family there are 8 accounts counting:

1.) my wife (our guild's 80 Priest)
    2.) youngest daughter (age 20) (80 mage + fraking alts galore and more achievemnets then anyone I've ever met.)
    3.) youngest son - in Military in Japan
    4.) oldest son - in military in Iraq (5th trip)
    5.) Oldest daughter
    6.) Oldest daughter's soon to be husband
    7.) Oldest son's wife
    8.) and of course my own account

Never bought gold or accounts in WoW.

The game is such a part of our family that we CANCELLED our DirectTV subscription. Don't feel too bad though I built a top notch media server that gets us everything we used to pay 100 a month to watch now for nothing.

Typical day I go to the office where I work as a IT department operations director and then I come home and log in. I check my auctions first and then usually do some farming. My family ( my wife and youngest who is going to college locally & still lives at home) will play all night long after I go to bed and are still playing when i go out the door the next morning back to the office.

I bought a Logitech G13 recently just to improve my DPS and I am constantly looking to learn more about warlock builds and spell rotations. I also study the auction house alot and I make more gold then anyone in our guild and often hlep others in earning more then they are thru advice on the market if you will. I have respeced over 50 times and ran old world Stratholme over 100 (still no mount).

Does all that make me hard core? I don't know, you decide. I consider myself a function addict. and perhaps a bit a of a pusher using that anology considering how i brought my whole family into this.

We love getting together with our family who is all over the world and having fun adventuring. We love meeting new friends and discovering that some of them live near us in South Bend Indiana.

Hard core ? don't know...Dedicated...Hell yea We LOVE this game!

Be well all,

Now THAT'S hardcore!

unfortunately im not apart of the newsteam currently so this article will not be continued unless a current newsteam brother wants to pick it up
    Last edited by Obama; 07-20-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567