0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimei View Post
    Lol... for those of you who say that WoW will never be beaten... well it seems you just think that because WoW is the best MMORPG right now, it CANNOT be beaten. Just because WoW has 15 million players, most of them that don't have 18, and most of them that are bored from Blizzard's set recoloring wizard DOES NOT mean that WoW is so awesome... actually WoW is getting REALLY boring... Seriously, even the new tier 7,8,9 sets are recolorings of tier 1,2,3... lol... Darkfall is going to **** WoW, it's going to make WoW die. All of you little brats that think WoW is so good, well it seems you don't know what you are talking about! Let's make a quick comparison, shall we? WoW - Target Selection, weapon speed, kiddy graphics, entirely GEAR-based... Darkfall - NO target selection, fast-paced attacks, awesome graphics (and if you think WoW has better ones then you haven't updated your graphics card so that you can play some of the new games with killer graphics, and see what is been talked about!) AND it's entirely SKILL-based. No, not spells and "HOLY LIGHT!", I'm talking about player skill. No classes, no levels, pure skill. You choose what spells to learn too! If you wanna be a rogue, there's no "Stealth" skill there. No lame stuff like that. Since Darkfall is in first person, which I think is good because I played Mirror's edge and it's totally awesome in first person, you need to sneak up BEHIND your victim and kill it. And then you can take the items. Seriously, if you think that's lame then you surely can't play games. Just go play WoW, it's actually really easy.
    They said AoC was gonna beat WoW too.. they said WAR was gonna beat WoW too, if not beat at least take a big chunk of their players.
    Didn't happen

I doubt Darkfall Online is going to be as popular as WoW is

Darkfall Online
    Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I compared it to WoW, because unlike you Verye, most of MMOwned is oriented towards World of Warcraft. I am showing how Darkfall compares to WoW, cause many people here only care about WoW. kkthxbai

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hellgawd View Post
    I compared it to WoW, because unlike you Verye, most of MMOwned is oriented towards World of Warcraft. I am showing how Darkfall compares to WoW, cause many people here only care about WoW. kkthxbai
    Well, this is primarily a WoW site, but most people here have probably played games other than WoW.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    They said AoC was gonna beat WoW too.. they said WAR was gonna beat WoW too, if not beat at least take a big chunk of their players.
    Didn't happen

Those two games were fairly similar to WoW, Darkfall isn't at all!!!
    People seem to be missing that, if you actually want to see why, go google it don't read this article.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, at no point does Darkfall seem to be going for the WoW killer title. This is a niche game for certain MMO players and has no intentions in catering to all people.

For the record, if Darkfall does succeed in some manner, simply as a fan I would like to see MMOwned have some showing of Darkfall.

Gastricpenguin's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** Added a second page with newly leaked gameplay videos
    Life Puzzler WoW - Website | Forums

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Didn't happen

You're missing my point.

Those games are WoW CLONES!

The only difference let's say, Warhammer had, is the RvR. It's all the same.

Darkfall is NOT a WoW Clone.

Darkfall is being in the works since 2001-2002 'till now and everyone has been expecting it.

WoW came out in 2004.

Darkfall is a NEXT-GENERATION MMO. Not by graphics only, but by gameplay elements.

Damn, if you even know what I'm talking about you would understand.

As Verye said, this article is nothing.

Hellgawd, there are more than a hundred more stuff you could have put in here.

You are just making this another "WoW vs. New mmo = WoW Win" thread.

But that isn't going to happen, I assure you.

For those of you that want to QUESTION MY COMMENT, go at the darkfall forums and read everything.

THEN we will see if you will actually want to question me.

Casperx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game looks promising!

Exiled1120's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hellgawd you made alot of mistakes in this article and P*ssed alot of people off with these mistakes, mind re-writing it or letting someone that knows what Darkfall is about rewriting it?
    My life is simple

So Is Yours

But together, They arn't

Dont look too deeply into this or you will be lost forever.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Verye View Post
    Here's some criticism of this article:

You compare the races to WoW races, you compare the HUD to the WoW HUD, and you only talk about if it can replace WoW.

Of course it can't replace WoW. It's a completely different game; it may even be a completely different genre. You didn't even touch upon the fact that the game is entirely based around PvP and world PvP, the fact that there's full looting, the fact that there's no targeting and all melee weapons projectiles (spells, arrows, etc.) have to be aimed with crosshairs...

You gave exactly one sentence explaining the sandbox features of the game. The only descriptive words you gave to it were "players can supposedly shape their world, by building cities and castles or making new factions." There was never a feature announced that had anything similar to "making new factions," and also, to my understanding, castles can't be built, only cities. Your speculation regarding all this, with absolutely nothing to back it up, only serves to misinform the people reading this.

Also, the beta leaks explain that you can't lay out your own cities. Cities are already pre-laid out. So you don't really build your own cities, you just throw money and resources at them until the buildings rise up in the spots the devs placed them to rise.

Source: City Building (Beta leak forum.)

You make the game seem extremely shallow and only touch upon its similarities and differences to WoW. You don't even mention that the company started working on it in 2001, and that people have been anticipating it since 2003.

You didn't seem to research anything for this article. You didn't look at any beta leak sites or forums (there are tons of them). You also don't seem to know that much about the game.

The article has 16 sentences, not counting fragments like "What do you think?" Each sentence is fairly short, too.

I'm very disappointed in this article, I'm afraid. I've been waiting for this game since 2004, and considering MMOwned boasts one of the biggest MMO communities on the web, Darkfall Online deserves more than this cursory mention.
    Why havent u created an article and submitted it to us? then you would be free for having to be disappointed.

I dont think this game will take a big chunk from wow, it will be just like aoc was. imo.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    Why havent u created an article and submitted it to us? then you would be free for having to be disappointed.

I dont think this game will take a big chunk from wow, it will be just like aoc was. imo.
    I actually was planning on writing an article about it, but I'd rather know more about the game before I write something about it. I'd probably write a review after the game has been out for about a week.

This article is more of a preview. There's nothing wrong with previews, but this one just lacks a lot of content.

And you're right, it definitely will not take a big chunk out of WoW. It may end up becoming a successful and good game though. It's just for a different audience.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Ulgrim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please please be as good as asheron's call.

I dont want it to popular, just have a good player base and be under rated. Popular games arent as fun

Full loot is awesome, hopefully that will scare off all the pve wowers

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll write a preview for it.

_Wasabi_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darkfall can't compare to Wow, couse they try to bring Ultima Online to 3D (skill based game, build houses...).

Most important, if you're a PK (player killer) u can be looted and lose your stuff, if you wanna kill players u risk to lose your stuff ...

Ultima Onlina was the first big mmorpg and for sure toons of oldschool players will try it, couse Wow is booring, unbalanced and most important "gear based" ( u never lose your fancy tier 1000 or your season 9.

sphero's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, it wont replace Wowbecause its a complete diffrent game/style etc.
    Wow really is a PvE Game, PvP Part in WoW just plain sucks...

Darkfall will be great for PvP because its absolutley open PvP, everywhere and anytime. Well...with this is mind, Darkfall isnt capable of replacing WoW because the market for PvP games is very small, there are not enough people who would like the concept of an entirely open PvP - look at Conan or Warhammer, they will never ever reach WoW Numbers - because its a totally diffrent game.

So, if Darkfall is going to let any MMO die, then it would be Conan or Warhamer because thats the League the game is in - not WoW as boring as it is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast