0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Noobcraft View Post
    That's racist as hell, also could we just delete this news because there is thread made way before this was posted and it has 10x the information.
    That isn't racist. Jew's are referred to as a religion. Not there so called "race". Jew's can never be a race. Thats like me saying my race is christian.

Now discriminating on their religion, sure.

Blizzard VS private servers
    cXm0d's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's over?

What do you mean by that?

Regardless, I think Blizz made a good move with this one. WoW is fun, and it isn't that expensive.
    So, pay for it?

Benny Lava's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well seeing as Blizzard just implemented the re customizing your character servcie for $15 they must need money bad. And all these private servers steal all their customers.

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tgadd View Post
    Well seeing as Blizzard just implemented the re customizing your character servcie for $15 they must need money bad. And all these private servers steal all their customers.
    They don't need anything... that was a horrible assumption of why they introduced that new feature. It's just simply another way for them to maximize profits. They may have millions sitting around, but corporate only cares about growth. They won't stop pushing past competition, that'd be stupid in a business environment. Especially in this economy.

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by the MentalPygmey View Post
    Actually Blizzard has no serious competition, they won every battle with xyz MMORPG's and growing.. Age of Conan was ambitious but they are decaying ,slowly..
    Yes they ARE greedy capitalistic bastards and they will always be.
    However they should not worry about private servers 'cus 99% of players in private servers play retail...
    and to that ******* calling me racist> choke yourself,read some books,learn something,Jews are ethnicity Not Race!!! Its not hard to learn this. B I G SORRY to all the poor Jewes.
    Cant you all see !! its impossible that no one thought this...
    Everything in WoW (retail) is setup to advance slow,so you can't lvl fast or advance in profession skills etc.. so you won't reach maximum and get bored and quit playing wow.. Fast advance > boredom > no players > no money ! well bu-hu cry me a river ohh who am i talking to all of you nerds...finis opus!
    lol e-raaaage I think we all got the point about how psychology and business works.

suicidewarpig's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to an admin of WoW Scape through ventrillo a while back. The reason why they arn't going to update to WotLK is because of Blizzard. I have no idea what it's at now.

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW-Trance is running on 2.4.3 now lol.

gengargoyle5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by suicidewarpig View Post
    I was talking to an admin of WoW Scape through ventrillo a while back. The reason why they arn't going to update to WotLK is because of Blizzard. I have no idea what it's at now.
    No offense, but scape is just as bad as blizz when it comes to greed.

DMCA is the -worst- law in existance, in my opinion.

Benny Lava's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heftydogg View Post
    They don't need anything... that was a horrible assumption of why they introduced that new feature. It's just simply another way for them to maximize profits. They may have millions sitting around, but corporate only cares about growth. They won't stop pushing past competition, that'd be stupid in a business environment. Especially in this economy.
    Sorry you didn't see the sarcasm in my post. I keep forgetting forums are much harder to get emotion across.

colincancer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sad and scared. i play retail but still kinda scary imo lol
    #JODYS'WATCHiN

AngshumanSSJV's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ****ing Noob

Edited for Language
    -Hellgawd
    Last edited by Hellgawd; 12-18-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Everyone, stop posting EternionWoW/WoWAXA/AntWoW exploits/hacks.. cause the fking site n00bs i.e. Fuzzymini is here.

AngshumanSSJV's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited for Language
    -Hellgawd
    Last edited by Hellgawd; 12-18-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Everyone, stop posting EternionWoW/WoWAXA/AntWoW exploits/hacks.. cause the fking site n00bs i.e. Fuzzymini is here.

treetree's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bliz Emulator

I have to admit I’m a little disheartened by the battle between bliz and the private server’,
    though it was inevitable. I have earned respect for wow for making the wow
    code and the platform,but as a company they are failing to grow and expand toward
    their market:

There is no end to private servers and the code that has forever changed us.
    (tree)
    ty bliz.

The wow action is nothing,but a money pit, yes bliz is hurting like the rest of the economy,
    but they do expect results and are in a good lawful position to make
    some changes.

I love the emulator community
    they offer us;
    Remarkable end software
    Spend eternity trying to get it just right
    Ask for nothing in return
    come on bliz ,you need the emulator community,
    (most likely copy all their **it).
    Get on their side and learn from them.
    (and fire the sucker that is your pr rep)
    (info only)

Yes a new era of software,platforms and maybe
    even the 3d interactive ai and graphics is upon us.

Ty all dev’s and coders for your fascinating work to study
    tree
    Last edited by treetree; 01-05-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: title

oigres2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard isn't just protecting the interests of the company, but also of their subscribers who pay money to play on their servers. Revising the legal document provided earlier in the thread, I'm in my 4th year in Law and let me just clear up that the document doesn't require a supina, it's just a letter of notification, usually the first step before taking formal legal action, they DON'T have to take the server down if they wish, but in not doing so, could and most likely result in legal action

In my opinion, Blizzard is doing the right thing, it has to protect its product and it's customers. Blizzard has to look to the future and think of it's customers, because they deserve to play on a server that's stable and with new content being developed. If they can play the same content for free on a private server, why pay Blizzard to play?? This effect Blizzard by loosing money for such things as server development, creating new content ect. Cypher's post pretty much summed what I was going to write about the people who think because they can't afford to pay to play or because Blizzard is making alot of money, they have the right to play for free, is just ignorant.

Tho I agree with the legal action taken against the private servers, Blizzard could learn a very valuable lesson from these server. the most obvious is the way they run their servers compaired to the ones on the private server. One big issue is the XP rate on Blizzard servers and the amount of time it takes to advance your character. That's why some flock to the 2X or even 10X XP servers.

Blackboy0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oigres, Private Server's are just a way for people who don't have the money to play RetailWoW can actually play. Also, it's helping us learn valuable skills such as LuA(++), C#, C++, etc. to make shit to go along with the servers :P

I think Blizz is making one big mistake trying to take down the Private Servers, and I think they will never succeed... There are just too many servers. There are thousands of WoW Private Servers out there, and Blizzard would have too spend too much of it's time going through and shutting down all the one's that wouldn't listen if they put out a general "We are shutting down PServers"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast