2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Equ1N0X View Post
    IF BLIZZARD WANTS WAR, lets give it to them. i for one am willing to keep hosting, playing, and supporting private servers.theres more of us than they could possibly bring lawsuits against, if you kill the bigger servers those people will move to smaller servers. if they try to press charges on every private server they WILL go bankrupts.

Why dont they just accept that we exist. just becaus ethey are larger doesnt mean they will win

What a joke. When that company goes bankrupt is when I'll start worrying about recession.

They have more than enough support both financially and legally to easily take down every privately hosted WoW server there is. This DMCA letter didn't attack one server at a time, from reading the other thread with more info it looks like there was a whole list of major emu servers involved.

And as to the posts about how much they make monthly/yearly. That's just off the payments to play... Sure they have a lot of bills to pay, but you're not counting how much they make off Keys and all their extra goodies like that Frostmourne sword and other merchandise. Not to mention Blizzard has other games.... they still make money off Diablo and Starcraft and even Warcraft. I think you're underestimating how powerful of a company they are.

Blizzard VS private servers
    [Shon3m]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lul don't let blizzard win that shows them we can be pushed around.....

Octavian01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sux ass, and it just makes me think if only sealand were still online...

Nihilis131989's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you guys surprised by this Private server battle, places like wowscape and all those others get huge amounts of money from "donations" and as much as i think private servers are innocent and harmless i also beileve that blizzard has a right to keep others from making money off their intellectual material. Places like wowscape and toxicwow are violating series laws. I honestly hope they take wowscape and give it a really deep grave.

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to see the amount made in donations from WoWScape from around Octoberish...
    MMORPG4Free.com • View topic - WoWscape has been fucked !

r3deemer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think they will put this kind of effort into gold sellers next??

I used to play private till my mate got me into retail, lucky thing i guess....

--- Thanks Enfeebleness

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.xtremetop100.com/ is back up!

javac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well anyone knows a server like t@xic tht is not down..i would like to play with high rates blizz like..pm with a server or servers

Moffeman's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is such a fail, blizzard will never stop this, they just cant, there will always be a kind of solution in the future. And i completely agree with Anthrax, people who cant afford playing retail for 12 euros a month should be able to have atleast that fun as the ones at retail has.

but still, they dont give a shit, the only thing they care about is their bloody damn money...

Bareno's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys have been wondering where wowscape has gone, it's cPanel® now.

But the realmlist on that page was wrong from me, it isn't "set realmlist wow.scapegaming.com"

It's: "set realmlist logon.scapegaming.com"

EDIT: Looks like they f'ed up their homepage through.
    Last edited by Bareno; 12-07-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people are stupid enough to host emulated servers in the US or any of the countries covered by a trade agreement that forces compliance with the DMCA (notably: Australia, not sure of any others) then they deserved to get served with a takedown notice.

@The retards saying "don't let them push us around", "they're greedy", etc.

You're all ignorant morons.
    Blizzard own the intellectual property rights to World of Warcraft, running an emulated server IS ILLEGAL if you do it anywhere that the DMCA or other country-specific laws that prohibit such copyright-infringing behavior. They developed WoW, they deserve payment in return. It easy to call software developers greedy but until you're actually in the shoes of one you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have nothing against the guys responsible for the development of the emu servers. They did it for the learning experience, emulating server software when all you have access to is the client is a highly complex and highly challenging task, people like me enjoy that kind of challenge. The problem arises when greedy (yes greedy) people come along, host public servers, and start trying to make money off it.

If I was head of Blizzards legal dept and you were hosting a server in the US I'd do a lot worse than just filling a DMCA takedown notice. They could ****ing rape you in court if they wanted, but they have always shown a lot of restraint, just look at Warden, there so much they could be doing that they don't.

On the topic of 'pushing around'. I don't think anyone who is saying that really understands the first thing about the legal system. Blizzard is not the type of entity you want to piss off. Not only are you in the wrong legally, you also have nowhere near the amount of money required to fight them in court (let alone win, which wouldn't happen in a million years).

On the topic of 'not being able to afford wow'. Blizzard created WoW, Blizzard own the right to WoW, they can charge WHATEVER THEY WANT, regardless of the fact mommy won't pay your WoW subscription. Just because you can't afford something does NOT give you the RIGHT to steal/pirate it, also, far from everyone who uses emulated servers is doing so because of a lack of money, and even if they were, what about the server admins who make money off donations/etc that stem directly from infringing Blizzard's IP rights?

TLDRV:
    The law doens't care if you can't afford WoW, if you wanna 'stick it to the man', if you think Blizz are 'greedy', or if you don't believe in copyright. The fact of the matter is if you're breaking the law Blizzard are well within their rights to file a takedown (and a lot more than that too).

So how about before you run around spouting out your ignorant bullshit you take a seat, do some research, and think before you post or open your mouth.
    Last edited by Cypher; 12-07-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that's why your name is Cypher.

imo, less wow the better.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

kataldt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is ridiculous!

This is just like that time I couldn't afford a Ferrari, so I just stole one. Fair enough, right? I mean, I can't afford one, but I want to drive one. Everybody wins. Ferrari isn't losing money because I wouldn't be paying them anyway!

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys you know Windows, right? Well, I'm going to make an identical copy to Windows with a few minor differences, and even though it's not very stable and crashes a lot and is slow, it's still pretty much Windows, since it uses all of its code. You can use it for free though! That's right, free!

What? You think this would be bad for Microsoft? No, they're already rich dude, who cares!

WHAT?! THEY'RE SUING ME?! THIS IS SO RETARDED.
    Last edited by Verye; 12-08-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

typedef's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notahax good slango

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast