Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day 1 Blizzcon Recap

World of Warcraft Retail

World Saga Storyline - Plays over the next 3 expansions titled The War Within, Midnight, & The Last Titan. We will begin by delving into the Heart of Azeroth and engaging with Nerubians followed up by returning to Quel'Thalas to make a stand in a battle of Void vs Light. Lastly we will witness the Titans of Azeroth return in Ulduar. Now if the Titans return...does that mean Illidan part 3?

• Continent - Khaz Algar

• 8 New Dungeons and 8 boss raid with launch

• Delves - Outdoor scaling world experience. Comes off similar to Torghast based on what we know from Day 1

• Warbands - Account wide unlocks for almost everything

• Transmog unlock when farming regardless of armor type

• Hero Talents - 10 talent mini tree.

• New Battleground based in Ringing Deeps

• Account wide reputations for new factions

• Cross realm guilds and mythic are coming next expansion

Pre-purchase HERE

Author Notes: For starters seeing Chris Metzen back was an absolute nostalgia trip and took me and what felt like the entire audience back 10 years. He rocked the stage and it was a breathe of fresh air hearing his jokes. Seeing them announce 3 expansions at once reminded me of when they said they had 3 expansions ready when they launched Legion. Day 2 will come with a lot more details and specifics but for now the standout retail announcement to me was cross realm guilds and mythic raiding alongside the transmog change. I think that will add a massive QOL to the game for all types of players.

Classic WoW

Cata Classic - As many expected we got the next iteration of Classic WoW with the addition of Cataclysm. This to me was always a no brainer because even if it isn't super popular it was probably a low cost to Blizzard to port it over so why not.

Classic Hardcore - Classic Hardcore is getting "Self-Found" in 2024 which makes it so you cannot trade and utilize the AH until level 60.

Season of Discovery - This is Classic + and what a bombshell it is. Season of Discovery is a massive twist on the regular 2019 Classic WoW with a new level cap of 25 where you will be able to participate in a new 10 man raid inside BFD in Ashenvale. Also there will be an open world AV style PvP event players can participate in Ashenvale for loot. Alongside this classes are getting a ton of new abilities and changes via the new rune system.

The rune system adds a spell of your choice once discovered to a slot of gear. These spells range from stuff we have seen in future expansions such as Lava Lash for Shamans and Ice Lance for Mages. But some of the spells allow classes to go beyond what they ever were capable of before. Ever wanted to heal as a mage or tank as a hunter? These runes per some of the spells offered allow this. Some notable ones are:

Mage Rewind - Your current target with your Temporal beacan instantly heals all damage taken over the last 5 seconds. Ineffective on targets that did not have a Temporal beacon 5 seconds ago.

Warlock Metamorphosis - Transform into a Demon, increasing Armor by 500%, reducing the chance you will be critically hit by 6%, increasing your threat by 100%, increasing mana gained from Life Tap by 100%, transforming the functionality of some of your abilities:

Searing Pain: Now instant.

Shadow Bolt: Becomes Shadow Cleave, a Shadow melee attack that hits up to 3 nearby enemies, but has a 6 sec cooldown.

Curse of Recklessness: Now also taunts your target to attack you for 3 sec, but gains 10 sec cooldown and range is reduced to melee.

Demon Charge: Charge an enemy and stun it for 1 sec. Cannot be used in combat.

Demonic Howl: Forces all nearby enemies to focus attacks on you for 6 sec.

Hunter Beast Mastery - Your pet's damage and health are increased by 30% and its Focus regeneration by 80%. In addition, your pet's Growl now also Taunts the target to attack it for 3 sec.

Rogue Just a Flesh Wound - You take 20% reduced Physical damage while Blade Dance is Active. Additionally, you have 6% reduced chance to be Critically Hit by melee attacks, the threat generated by all your actions is massively increased, and your Feint abilities is replaced with Tease, which taunts the target to attack you.

Tease - Taunts the target to attack you, but has no effect if the target is already attacking you.

Shaman Way of Earth - While Rockbiter Weapon is active on your main hand weapon, you deal 100% increased threat, gain 30% increased health, take 10% reduced damage, gain 6% reduced chance to be critically hit by melee attacks, and Earth Shock taunts targets to attack you and has a separate cooldown from other Shock spells but has its range reduced to melee range.

Paladin Seal of Martyrdom - Fills you with holy spirit for 30 sec, causing each of your melee attacks to deal 30% weapon damage to up to 3 nearby targets, but you lose health equal to 10% of the damage inflicted. While this seal is active, your party members within 40 yards each gain mana equal to all damge you take.

Unleashing the seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing 70% weapon damage at the cost of health equal to 10% damage inflicted.

All Runes can be found here

Author Notes: For starts Season of Discovery is hilariously intriguing. I am glad they went with this over the top massive change chance over just simply adding a raid after Naxx and a few balance changes for Classic +. For years people have theorized mages healing through time and hunters tanking and it took this wild sandbox mode in Classic WoW to finally take the chance on some of these community wants. Personally I am excited to try it. The level cap being only 25 and then later on added on with new raids is perfect for a casual player. Also the raids being 10 man alongside so many classes having the opportunity to tank and heal makes them very puggable and group forming should be much cleaner. I think its cool they're taking a huge risk with no PTR also so no addon showing you where all the runes are for the first few days at least. Overall I think these huge risks are just what we needed from this team for better or worse at least they're not afraid to try. SSF for HC is also a great addition and Cata was a no brainer. I know I'll at least be leveling in Cata because that is some of the most fun leveling an expansion has put out to date.

Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred - Late 2024 expansion. New zone Torajan Jungle and a new Diablo class that has never been seen before.

Day 1 Blizzcon Recap
  2. Thanks Xintor (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)