Do you think Star Wars The Old Republic will be a WoW Killer? menu

User Tag List

Poll: Do you think Star Wars The Old Republic will be a WoW Killer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sweetdaddyde's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope its not a FLOP that's all i can say

Do you think Star Wars The Old Republic will be a WoW Killer?
    DougDougl's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen (maybe it's just low quality YouTube videos that leads to this) it doesn't look very "beautiful" to me. There doesn't seem like there's a lot of attention to detail, which I love in real life, and I'd love to see in one of these upcoming games. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I'll still probably pick up a copy and see where I go from there.

Kubiatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will take a large quantity of players away from WoW, if they haven't already left it. I know so many players who have been waiting for Star Wars, however of course WoW won't completely "die" it will just slowly deteriorate over a long period of time, until it eventually fizzles out. Even so, I still think WoW will be around for at least another 2/3 years maybe before it has a smaller player base than any other MMO. I for one will be playing Star Wars regardless if it lives up to it's expectations, and I'm sure many others will, as WoW just isn't the game it use to be.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no such thing as a "WoW Killer". Wow will die a death of a thousand cuts: games will take customers away from it slowly, but no ONE game is every going to destroy it. The game has been going strong for nearly 8 years now and during that time countless games have come out where many players have claimed it will be the next "WoW Killer". I am most definitely looking forward to SW:TOR's release, but I won't be cancelling my WoW subscription over it.

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    ...The game has been going strong for nearly 8 years now...
    WoW is 6 not 7 and defiantly not 8. Vanilla wow was released November 23rd 2004.

Sadly Everquest is on its 12th year with its 18th expansion in production. Ultima Online is on its 14th year with countless expansions and is on client version 72.0 (they started at 1.0) which was pushed live last week. Both games still have 100's of thousands of players world wide.

So will Wow ever die? Probably not for a long long time. There will always be blizzard fan boys willing to dish out more monthly cash for even more recycled garbage they refer to as "new content". Will something else come along and pull a larger audience than WoW? With out a doubt, matter of fact in strict mmo terms (not mmorpg) this has already been done. Farmville topped over 80 million players in its peak. Free Realms (a free 2 play fantasy based mmorpg) hit 10 million players just short of its first birthday, it took WoW 2 expansions and over 4 years to hit that mark.

These tasty tidbits of information have been brought to you by,
    -DeMoN

*if after reading this you still think WoW is god amongst games and no others compare please learn to google. Just because you like something, or play something, or put your faith in to, doesn't mean its the best or top dog. Kinda reminds me of something my mother once said on Christmas "Isn't this the most wonderful time of the year? Everyone on earth is bound together in celebration of Jesus Christ." i merely just laughed. God bless the ignorant.

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swtor looked 'alright', the gameplay didn't look like the best, and i hate EA so;

Hopefully it will live up to some of the hype and be a decent game.

Titan will probably be a big release and will most likely take alot of the WoW subscribers. (It wouldn't surprise me if that point blizzard lowered the price of WoW).

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worsnop's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW will always have a playerbase until the servers shut down. Take a look at SWG, it is finally shutting down, and after announcing the shut down, people have came back to play it again.

I feel the term "WoW-Killer" is a bit, over-used, over-hyped, and over all a bad term. WoW is a product, and like every product it has a shelf life. Anyone who has played the game from the start, knows the game has taken a dive. Im not saying Blizzard did a bad job, but i am saying the feel and quality seems a little bit less than the "glory" days of Vanilla. The feeling of having an epic, is no longer, epic. Log into almost any server today, and ask people if they are waiting for a new mmo, and most will either jump to SWTOR or GW2. WoW is just a holding stone for many (not all) players at the moment.

Will SWTOR take WoW Players? I believe they will take a decent bite out of the player base, i dont think they will kill WoW in any way, but definitely offer serious competition that Blizzard will either need to throw some serious heat, or release "Titan"

Domo Kun's Avatar Active Member R.I.P. MGK ! ~HAHA~ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    70/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is This a joke? wow vs sw? Really lol WoW losing to star wars
    Inconceivable

WoW anyday
    Same Hype as Rift...pshh

^above is my opinion ^
    Last edited by Domo Kun; 07-27-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Skyaz1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, personally I think it will remain a second best. The only game that's going to destroy WoW, is WoW.

Gawdlaw's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No certainly not. I think that might is going to be a fun game but not more than that.

What sci-fi mmo's ever had a big succes? o.o..

-------------------------------------------
    Retired Model Editor - Graphic Designer - Cameraman - Video Editor
    Flamewalker.deviantart.com / youtube.com/redmammothproduction

k4ne's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can a game be a "wow killer" when WoW is out for 7 years ? (7 years of update, background, game balance, etc..).
    To create a better game (when i say "better", i mean: more content, depth, class balance, professions, auction house, community size, add on, etc...) it will tooks 10years+ of development.

The only way to surpass WoW is to wait their last extansion

hotpocket's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played the closed beta, then cancelled my Collectors edition preorder and reactivated my WOW account.

No, it will never ever be a WOWkiller.

Will be played by a few SWfanboys that's it.

PS. **** EA

ninjamig112's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think star was, MW3 and BF3 will take many players away from wow

Maccer's Avatar gay secks CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    40/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time a new mmo is about to go public same question pops out.

No, same things were said for Aion and Rift. See what happened, yeah, Rift did take a lot of players from WoW but WoW is still the top.
    Leecher --> Member --> Contributor --> Elite --> News Team --> Elite --> Legendary --> Lurkin'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast