Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c-death if you were smart enough to check my join date you would realize it couldnt have been a year. and again what does that have anything to do with? there are people on these forums that have been here for over a year and have less rep than i have. besides having my rep by my name you can see i have donated. Thanks man
    Context Clues
    Go get one!

Anti-Leeching
    Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO! Why would people wan't to have to work after they join a free site. That just scares people away. I was a leecher when I joined, but then I found out an exploit to get a bunch of bears to follow you. After that I realized that it was better off being a part of this than to be an anonymous person who downloads stuff. You can't MAKE people contribute. They have to want to. Making them contribute to download just scares them away and discourages them from ever coming back.
    Last edited by Phygar; 02-21-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: TYPOS FTW LALALALA!!!!!

Daft's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people who don't contribute are scared away by the fact that they have to work, then good riddance. If they come back and realize that they should help out the community, then welcome back!
    True, you can't make someone contribute, but you just have to nudge them in the right direction. I'm pretty neutral about this idea though....

mah twocents

Just FYI, its not hard at all to earn rep (I'm surprised my rep went so high when I hardly posted anything)

Beatsta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares if I'm a leecher? Big fat DISAGREE. I have a right to vote, not because I'm a leecher. Shoot, if we used the post system instead of Reputation, we could easily decrease the amount of leechers.

Thanks for reading.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beatsta View Post
    Who cares if I'm a leecher? Big fat DISAGREE. I have a right to vote, not because I'm a leecher. Shoot, if we used the post system instead of Reputation, we could easily decrease the amount of leechers.

Thanks for reading.
    If ur not gonna contribute u should leave. I dont think u should be forced to but its not cool to do it anyways.

Brandaho's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daft View Post
    If people who don't contribute are scared away by the fact that they have to work, then good riddance. If they come back and realize that they should help out the community, then welcome back!
    True, you can't make someone contribute, but you just have to nudge them in the right direction. I'm pretty neutral about this idea though....

mah twocents

Just FYI, its not hard at all to earn rep (I'm surprised my rep went so high when I hardly posted anything)
    Finally this is the first decent thing I've seen in a while.

Look its simple. Set up the system to either rep or posts. You say "But thats not fair! The user should get what they want when they want! I don't want people to work for programs, that had alot of thought and time put into!" Get over your self and think about the future of the community. As Daft stated
    "If people who don't contribute are scared away by the fact that they have to work, then good riddance." Damn thats all that needed to be said.

You say "Oh great idea dumb ass, but what about all of the spamming theres no way to control all of the madness!" Wow are you serious? Have you ever even been to another forum besides mmowend? Theres so many successful forums that are for hacking, the benefit of your pc, mac, or linux based system and at 5,15,20,40, ect. posts you then can post your own link, upload your own programs, see the source code for the project, download the source files, see links, ect. How dense are you if you can't see past the mask into what he's really trying to say? Oh and don't ever say we can't manage it, unlike some ungrateful people there's loyal members who try to help the forum grow into something even more amazing than what it is already. Matt knows what he's doing, whether he shows it us or not, he can rely on us.

Oh and don't say "Hey, well you only have 8 rep and what if the link is raised to 15? What are gonna do then?" Uh.....work harder to better contribute to the community.

Oh and also
    Originally Posted by C-Death View Post
    debating this does really no good. In the end, it's Kur or Matt's choice.
    This is just the stupidest statment. If they made a suggestion box then why wouldn't they want our input? Oh don't say it, I know what your gona say "But I'm talking about debating!" Yeah and what Matt and "Kur" want is some input about the pros and the cons of these suggestions. So they can make a better decision instead of just tossing a coin to see which thing will come up next.

//Brandaho

And yes there is a bit of flaming but you can't go through life without a little bit of tough love to benefit your self or others.
    Last edited by Brandaho; 02-22-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Tough love

Epic Sheep's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Brandaho View Post
    Finally this is the first decent thing I've seen in a while.

Look its simple. Set up the system to either rep or posts. You say "But thats not fair! The user should get what they want when they want! I don't want people to work for programs, that had alot of thought and time put into!" Get over your self and think about the future of the community. As Daft stated
    "If people who don't contribute are scared away by the fact that they have to work, then good riddance." Damn thats all that needed to be said.

You say "Oh great idea dumb ass, but what about all of the spamming theres no way to control all of the madness!" Wow are you serious? Have you ever even been to another forum besides mmowend? Theres so many successful forums that are for hacking, the benefit of your pc, mac, or linux based system and at 5,15,20,40, ect. posts you then can post your own link, upload your own programs, see the source code for the project, download the source files, see links, ect. How dense are you if you can't see past the mask into what he's really trying to say? Oh and don't ever say we can't manage it, unlike some ungrateful people there's loyal members who try to help the forum grow into something even more amazing than what it is already. Matt knows what he's doing, whether he shows it us or not, he can rely on us.

Oh and don't say "Hey, well you only have 8 rep and what if the link is raised to 15? What are gonna do then?" Uh.....work harder to better contribute to the community.

Oh and also
    This is just the stupidest statment. If they made a suggestion box then why wouldn't they want our input? Oh don't say it, I know what your gona say "But I'm talking about debating!" Yeah and what Matt and "Kur" want is some input about the pros and the cons of these suggestions. So they can make a better decision instead of just tossing a coin to see which thing will come up next.

//Brandaho

And yes there is a bit of flaming but you can't go through life without a little bit of tough love to benefit your self or others.
    QFT

:wave:Sean out:wave:

Greed's Avatar Angry 12yearolds FTL
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beatsta View Post

Thanks for reading.
    seriously i see some points from other people but this is the DUMBEST comment i have seen.

Oh yeah lets give an epic rank to a troll who scamms accounts. Forums that do rep via posts will in the end have scammers. Ofcourse there are scammers here but you dont scam fellow MMOwned people. I bet you if 2d asked for somones account he would get one. So imagine if we went by posts, some scammer asks for an account and you never get it back, forum trolling isnt hard. It would be so easy to get up in ranks

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /disagree, as said before this will encourage alot of spam in the topics.
    And the leachers won't come out of their leacher group without rep

Whoopedazz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much rep do you need to have for entering the trade section? (:

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude i made a sql and it got over 3000 downloads with like 40 comments :P
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Nadromar's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Nadromar; 03-13-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Marvid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though its hard for non hardcore players to get out of leeching state i must agree that guides and exploits dont work very well if everyone get to know about them.

Thus reducing access status to contributers only would fix this.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not give the thread starter the option to permit or disallow showing of links to leechers? If they have 5+ rep, they see the links, end of, but if they have less it's up to the thread starter whether or not they can see them? Why 5 rep? Because that's what leechers are defined as, read their title - "A leecher if I've been here for more than a month and can't earn 5 rep". 5 rep isn't hard to get, so if they actually want to see links they can manage it quite easily. It's rather unfair to make leechers NEVER see links, because then they can't get tools to make contributions, limiting them to scams, guides and exploits for retail. /disagree with the original idea, it's cruelty to leechers.

My opinion on this.

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    genious

9filler)