0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by satansblood View Post
    If you're stupid enough to accept a .exe file, or download a "GM hack" or anything of the sort, you deserve to be keylogged.
    Social Darwinism! Away with the idiots.
    I agree with the GM hack part, but how is accepting an .exe file stupid? I suppose you mean from an untrustworthy source, or for something completely ridiculous. ("Paypal database hack")

No keyloggers/Scamming section
    darkriderking's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its like me downloading the MSNLIVE.exe.dll -.- from some retard going IT GOOD TIP FOR WOW SERVER HOST its a text file.... then why dont u copy it? /stall
    If someone helped you a good way to thank them is by clicking the +Rep button.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterGold View Post
    Keyloggers are legal, installing it on a computer without the aware of the owner is illegal.
    A famous case involved a keylogger which was part of a piece of functioning software. The ToS of the software said the user permitted the coder to keylog their computer and use the details gained as he saw fit. People sued after their credit cards got used, the court ruled the ToS was invalid, he got sentenced for keylogging. If you own the computer, you can log its usage. If you don't, you can't unless you have a warrant (same with police phone tapping).

TheBluePanda's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterGold View Post
    Keyloggers are legal, installing it on a computer without the aware of the owner is illegal.
    Hey dude! Can I put a keylogger on your PC so I can steal all info ? Thanx bye!

Yea I'm sure alot of "legal" keyloggers exist!

Dombo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no point in arguing whether or not it's legal. The point is that these keyloggers do not belong on an MMORPG forum

[Blaze]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a keylogging section?

In all srsness, it can only lead to trouble, especially anything that affects a person is a wrongish way.

Isn't this site about exploiting WoW, not the people?

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ViXan View Post
    Hey dude! Can I put a keylogger on your PC so I can steal all info ? Thanx bye!

Yea I'm sure alot of "legal" keyloggers exist!
    Keyloggers themself are legal yes, as long as you use them on PC's of your own or if you are allowed by the owner.
    But if you put them without on a pc without the owners permission, it is illegal and if you get caught doing this you hang.

And I agree, no more keyloggers here

People who dont know much about them have no idea how easy it is for an ict expert or intermediate to backtrack you. Then they can mail your internet provider with this info or the anti-hack team of their country.
    They even can hack you back and delete or abuse all your information, and even your parents information if they're on the same network.

Knowing there are many kids and teenagers on this forum who don't know much about it, it's safer for everyone to not allow it on mmowned.

whitekidney's Avatar Donator
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sonkist View Post
    I swear to god, no one reads suggestions before posting about them. Same thing happened with mine...

We are not talking about removing the scams. If you bothered to read one word, it's about removing and prohibiting keyloggers

Thing is, you give someone a keylogger, there's no guarantee they will only use it to get WoW accounts.

I don't think you're correct...
    If you actually spent 2 seconds of your life reading the THREAD TITLE...

"No keyloggers/SCAMMING SECTION"

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    illegal=good (unless its a violent crime) And Keyloggers shouldn't be here unless the person posting it wrote the keylogger him self.

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe keyloggers aren't allowed on MMOwned already, so if you see anyone posting them then report the thread and it should get deleted. If for some reason I'm wrong/this has changed, then I agree with the suggestion. Whether or not the scamming section is for learning how to not get scammed (if you guys actually say that's what you use it for then you're not fooling anyone) keyloggers should not be allowed on MMOwned. They are outside the realm of scamming, so they should remain outside of mmowned.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

Dombo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Relz View Post
    I believe keyloggers aren't allowed on MMOwned already, so if you see anyone posting them then report the thread and it should get deleted. If for some reason I'm wrong/this has changed, then I agree with the suggestion. Whether or not the scamming section is for learning how to not get scammed (if you guys actually say that's what you use it for then you're not fooling anyone) keyloggers should not be allowed on MMOwned. They are outside the realm of scamming, so they should remain outside of mmowned.
    As of this moment, the scamming section is flooded with keyloggers. I've already seen 2 threads, both on top.

There is also no SPECIFIC rule, so if you tell them it isn't allowed here, what do I link as proof that I'm not lieing?

Relz's Avatar Feed the trolls
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dombo View Post
    As of this moment, the scamming section is flooded with keyloggers. I've already seen 2 threads, both on top.

There is also no SPECIFIC rule, so if you tell them it isn't allowed here, what do I link as proof that I'm not lieing?
    I'm sorry, I haven't looked around the actual forums in a while. In fact, I just looked at the scamming section and saw that you are right. I thought that keyloggers weren't allowed (maybe that was just at one time?) but I guess I was wrong. In that case, I completely agree that we should ban them from MMOwned. Keylogging is not account/gold/whatever scamming, it's on a completely different playing field and should not be supported here.
    "Step right up and shake hands with the devil"

idusy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by whitekidney View Post
    If you actually spent 2 seconds of your life reading the THREAD TITLE...

"No keyloggers/SCAMMING SECTION"
    Which means No keyloggers in the scamming section. Clearly, the OP is requesting the scam section be removed...

Originally Posted by Relz View Post
    Marlo's open source AutoIt keylogger in General Programs has been there 09-08-2008, so if it's a rule the mods are really slipping up. However, I do think I remember hearing we can't post them before, back in '07ish? Guess they've changed their minds.

I find that funny too. Couldn't they put "For education purposes"? Sounds a lot more official, and more believable.

So I'm wondering why we still have no word from any staff on this.
    Last edited by idusy; 07-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basically, no scamming = good -- Scamming is, however, a big part of the site
    no hacking on this site = good -- Hacking isn't a part of this site.

Good+Good = better

MMOwned doesn't allow warez and I don't think that they/we should allow keyloggers etc. etc. if you want to post that post it on hacker forums like theh4x or something
    Last edited by JD; 07-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sonkist View Post
    Which means No keyloggers in the scamming section. Clearly, the OP is requesting the scam section be removed...
    Beat me to it. No keyloggers, thread is scamming section related.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast