Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just post in the forums that every time you report a post, and it vaildly gets deleted, there's a chance that you'll get +25 rep.

Should EVERY THREAD not get reported by some report-happy fool, you give a single person 25 rep, they post about how happy they are, everyone goes "OMG MAYBES I GET REPS 2 KK?" and then all the spam gets reported.

Then we all gather up and go have a fiesta and we all dance.

The End.

Moderation suggestion
    Sixen's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think the mods do a good job but it would be nice if there was a couple more as there are 200k members on this forums a couple more wouldn't hurt

Zaphry's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still i think we need atleast one more moderator to trading section... current one has been offline for 3-4 days -.-

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaphry View Post
    Still i think we need atleast one more moderator to trading section... current one has been offline for 3-4 days -.-
    zaphry we have lives... sry....
    noone fitted for the job being modding mmowned atm in my opinion..
    all admins and supermods have access to trade section, unfortunately for you, YOU earning money is not our top priority on mmowned, Cleaning the forums are, so trade sections is down prioritised

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep mods have a life too.. it's not like they are being payed to be online 12hours a day to check the forums... it is not their 'job'... they have real life, some may have kids and a job.... so moderating on mmowned is not a 10hour/day job

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a lie. Kurios gets payed 1mil per year to mod, and don't let him tell you otherwise.

/me runs and hides

Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If checking mmowned for ½h each day takes your whole live i am sorry then >_>
    Meh going to school now...........

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust that the mods are hard at working making these forums as un-cluttered as possible. Perhaps we should have some type of "Janitor" job where selected avid trusted users that know what's a repost and where everything belongs can say, delete/close/move threads that infringe the rules.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaphry View Post
    If checking mmowned for ½h each day takes your whole live i am sorry then >_>
    Meh going to school now...........
    god you ignorant retard...
    ½ an hour, try 6-8 hours each day idiot.

dejavu11's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    god you ignorant retard...
    ½ an hour, try 6-8 hours each day idiot.
    Meh I say this with all due respect, but if mods are spending 6-8 hours a day moderating then odds are you're doing something(s) wrong.

I've worked as a mod on a handful of forums including one much larger then mmowned that we can keep under control with a team of about 20-30 volunteers and a few "admins" so to speak (this is including a rather large advertising section with strict rules and no pre-post moderation).

I'm not sure how you have the backend setup but as I spoke about before on the SB a helpdesk really goes a long way to making things a lot easier to handle from a moderation standpoint. Bonus points for dividing the helpdesk properly into sections.

Compared to just a forum where all reports go this allows mods to see what issues need addressed in their specific area, and then take care of them. Once they're closed the ticket won't be in the open tickets window anymore and they won't have to look at it.

In addition it really helps out as a way for those that have been given points to talk to the moderation team and the helpdesk is a great line of communication between the reporter and the moderation team.

You may think there's nobody around that would make a decent mod, but you really don't know until you ask. Put up an announcement / sticky / whatever and ask people to send in an application to be a mod. Have all of the current mods give their opinions on said applicant and see where it takes you. I can almost promise you that you'd actually find a handful of good people at the very least here.

Moderator churn is also impossible to stop and it can sometimes cloud judgement on how good your moderation team really is. If a moderator needs some time off / is getting bored of mmowned / etc... think about implementing a "retired mod" usergroup for them.

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have to understand the fact that this is a world of warcraft exploit site not a trading place they have it their just to have it, if you want to sell stuff go to ebay if you want to trade accounts markeedragon.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... I know as a website owner I always prefer to just drive traffic away

First and foremost I would say that this is (or rather should be) a community. Take somebody on here that stands out in your mind (I'll say Apoco for kicks). Now if you saw Apoco offering his services here would you have any doubt in the legitimacy of said offer? I wouldn't because I know and trust him (to an extent at least). That knowledge and trust comes from how a person interacts with the community.

From a business standpoint the trading section also is a great chance for the admin's here to make some extra money selling stickies. If the trading section was encouraged rather then looked down upon and reworked a bit it certainly has the chance to pickup in terms of threadcount. If that were to happen I can think of a handful of shops that would probably pay a reasonable fee to have a weekly/monthly sticky (limit the total number of course) in that section to peddle their accounts and/or services.

If this is just a WOW exploit site there's a ton of fat that should be cut before the trading section. I'd rather see the general programming, Diablo and AOC (again, we're under the umbrella of this being a wow exploits site), and emulator sections cut (one could make an argument towards the emulator discussion though). The truth of the matter is that this is more then just a wow exploits forum. It may not have meant to become more, but in the end it did.

With the traffic MMOwned gets it certainly could be a nice little pot of money if monetized properly and the trade section would be nothing but more pageviews at the very least and a possible source of extra income through stickies.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dejavu11 View Post
    Meh I say this with all due respect, but if mods are spending 6-8 hours a day moderating then odds are you're doing something(s) wrong.

I've worked as a mod on a handful of forums including one much larger then mmowned that we can keep under control with a team of about 20-30 volunteers and a few "admins" so to speak (this is including a rather large advertising section with strict rules and no pre-post moderation).

I'm not sure how you have the backend setup but as I spoke about before on the SB a helpdesk really goes a long way to making things a lot easier to handle from a moderation standpoint. Bonus points for dividing the helpdesk properly into sections.

Compared to just a forum where all reports go this allows mods to see what issues need addressed in their specific area, and then take care of them. Once they're closed the ticket won't be in the open tickets window anymore and they won't have to look at it.

In addition it really helps out as a way for those that have been given points to talk to the moderation team and the helpdesk is a great line of communication between the reporter and the moderation team.

You may think there's nobody around that would make a decent mod, but you really don't know until you ask. Put up an announcement / sticky / whatever and ask people to send in an application to be a mod. Have all of the current mods give their opinions on said applicant and see where it takes you. I can almost promise you that you'd actually find a handful of good people at the very least here.

Moderator churn is also impossible to stop and it can sometimes cloud judgement on how good your moderation team really is. If a moderator needs some time off / is getting bored of mmowned / etc... think about implementing a "retired mod" usergroup for them.
    We had a staffmeeting about 1½ weeks ago where i brought the subject up and we agreed that we do not need any new mods at the time being. Also when DK was a mod and the hailey thing occured how bad did that make us look, or when edge was a mod and nearly costed us 2-3k USD. What i mean is that we have to concider carefully who we choose as mods, I test everyone in the sb quite often to see how they are, that being either me on an alt or me on the admin user.

There are a few that i see fit as being a mod atm, but i dont think that it is the time to get them on the team just now. Your helpdesk idea has been noted down tho

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-8 hours a day sounds like time for more mods

Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    We had a staffmeeting about 1½ weeks ago where i brought the subject up and we agreed that we do not need any new mods at the time being. Also when DK was a mod and the hailey thing occured how bad did that make us look, or when edge was a mod and nearly costed us 2-3k USD. What i mean is that we have to concider carefully who we choose as mods, I test everyone in the sb quite often to see how they are, that being either me on an alt or me on the admin user.

There are a few that i see fit as being a mod atm, but i dont think that it is the time to get them on the team just now. Your helpdesk idea has been noted down tho
    I see that it takes lot of time to someone become moderator and after that become trusted, but why are you being to angry at me?... I just commented my opinion about this case.
    I still understand that trading section is small part of whole site, but you shouldn't forget it either o_O.
    I am still young on this community and i am trying to be better.

EDIT: Oh... you are angry at me cause you thought that i meant that all mods are online only for ½hour each day... i only meant that moderators who usually are offline should consider doing that. I think most moderators are doing excellent job on their section.
    EDIT: oh... also i see that someone disabled my privileges to enter trading section, i have my auction in there now but not able to access it :P
    And thanks for that btw ^^
    Last edited by Zaphry; 08-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast