0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    1: disorganized, no... members with IQ lower than a brick who cant post in right sections, Yes.

2: taking your example of stat changer, we even had a sticky "STAT changers do not work, DONT post about them" <- comes back to the IQ of a brick

3. so if the thread is a repost, how the hell would it help to just have more of the threads, meaning closing them instead of deleting them, yes it would be easier to see that it is a repost, but ppl really just dont care m8.

Just look in Suggestions forum, the same 3-4 suggestions OVER and over and over and over and over and over... Eventho no threads in this section are deleted, just closed. Perhaps if closed threads from all other sections than suggestion were moved to a "DEAD PLACE" part of the forum automaticly.

Shadowposts when moving could be a good idea, that is correct. infractions points, we move the thread and say in the thread that it has been moved and user given infractionpoints for it, we can do that, just takes a lot more time than what we do atm.

4: you have no idea what you are talking about Apoc, no offense but a lot of modding is done, besides from Reposts. We delete threads instead of closing them, when in public forums, since closed threads are just annoying to look at. Therefore you might not see it, but believe me, on my screen there are a lot of deleted threads and you dont want them all to be visable on the forums.

ANY /agreed /signed /not signed or whatever in this thread results in 3 infractionpoints, if you post something in suggestions forums, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM or dont post, quite frankly we dont care if 2000 users say /signed, it doesnt mean that we think the suggestion is good, nor does it give it any higher chance of being accepted.
    I understand the anger Kurios. But I think you missed where I was going with my original post. I understand completely how much modding actually is being done. But what I was trying to get at, is more visual (publicly visual) modding.

I agree, some threads deserve to be deleted, however deleting them ALL doesn't show any of the new members what happens when they do something wrong. (It will show the poster of the thread, but not anybody else. [Since the original poster is the only one who will see the infractions, and the "Soft Deleted By: " and "Thread Moved" etc messages in the User CP])

As for #1, (Lol'd) the vast majority of users don't bother looking deeper than face value at things. Hence, why having things (right in their face) showing that stuff should be placed in the correct forums, and what should/shouldn't be posted, will cleanup the forums alot more. (And actually do most of the work for you, since closing a thread is 2 clicks, and deleting/infractions is quite a few more.)

As for #2, there WAS a sticky for it. (I think DK removed it?) But that reference was just as an example. (Since I don't know much of the Scams/Model Editing sections, other than the incredible re-post power of the scam section.)

#3, I guess I can agree with you here. (Although, having 45k+ active members doesn't help much, especially with the average age range seeming to be in the 14-17 area)

#4, No offense taken, of course. I guess see my comment above #1. I never said 'only' close them. I agree, some threads deserve to be outright deleted.

PS. I agree with the /signed, /notsigned, etc, remark.

@Verye, you can promote 50 more mods, but if they all suck, what's the point?

@Kurios (about DK, Edge), I agree on the DK point. But I don't know jack squat about Edge.

Moderation suggestion
    Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Just look in Suggestions forum, the same 3-4 suggestions OVER and over and over and over and over and over... Eventho no threads in this section are deleted, just closed. Perhaps if closed threads from all other sections than suggestion were moved to a "DEAD PLACE" part of the forum automaticly...
    Facepunchstudios does that, closed threads get moved to a "Drop Dead Thread" forum. I haven't been around there recently, but they didn't have many mods and the forums weren't cluttered with stuff that belonged in the other sections...

I dunno, maybe its just because half of their population actually knows about the internet and how to type (i hav fund tis new scam it wrks 110% of teh time it r rely cool)... Or maybe they have more mods, I dunno.
    Last edited by Dragonshadow; 08-07-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <3 Facepunch.

Anyway, I can think of a few people who wouldn't be sucky mods. As long as the person actually wants to be a mod and dedicates their time to following and enforcing the rules, they can be great.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Captain Planet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I believe our mods do a pretty decent job already

Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mods are doing a great job guys
    Just report the threads

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, we have tried, but it has backfired on last few occasations so we are a bit worried about it again.
    Demonkunga look how that turned out - hailey period and shit like that.
    Edge - turned out to be the biggest liar on mmowned.
    and we have more ppl on that list. There is another option, persuade Dragonsky to become a mod again...
    ye dragonsky was dam nice i really like her and Tina/Errage as supermods... 2D and Gastric are my 2 favourite mods...also becuz they are emu mods and i am in touch with them most probably

Anyhow good suggestion, but being mod on a forum that big like this is not easy A lot of people report things that should not be reported also.. i am mod on wow forums of our server, people report posts when they are stuck etc, so i would not be surprised that this happens here on bigger scale Mods are doing a great job as far as i am concerned

Kurios, your brick-theory is lovely

grtz

-Lex's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just about to post this! AKA: I strongly agree. Sometimes when lurking around i just get mad... take for example the exploration section... Threads with names like "get somewhere 2.4.3!!!" Which is just posting the same thing you could do in WoW 1.1, just with a "2.4.3" tag behind it...The model editing section is somehow ****ed up, but thats not mods fault... its just people that think it's stupid how "Simple Model Edits" gets like 100 view, while "World Building/Area changing" gets like 2 views....well thats nothign with mods to do.. And btw remove the Diablo 2 section... it's pointless imo.

/flame me.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -Lex View Post
    I was just about to post this! AKA: I strongly agree. Sometimes when lurking around i just get mad... take for example the exploration section... Threads with names like "get somewhere 2.4.3!!!" Which is just posting the same thing you could do in WoW 1.1, just with a "2.4.3" tag behind it...The model editing section is somehow ****ed up, but thats not mods fault... its just people that think it's stupid how "Simple Model Edits" gets like 100 view, while "World Building/Area changing" gets like 2 views....well thats nothign with mods to do.. And btw remove the Diablo 2 section... it's pointless imo.

/flame me.
    come up with some suggestions on how to fix it then maybe, as Apoc did, instead of just posting the obvious.

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come up with some suggestions on how to fix it then maybe, as Apoc did, instead of just posting the obvious.
    there is no way to stop that 100% anyway... like you said, there will always be people with the IQ of a brick

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    To point out for [Eski] MMOwned - World of Warcraft Exploits, Hacks, Bots and Guides - Show Groups Will tell you who are the current mods etc.

Ahh - Thanks for this.

Maybe you guys just need to encourage more people to Report threads.

I know you guys give Rep once in a while to people who report a lot of threads, and I really don't mean to bitch or complain so please don't take it that way, but I have reported a shit ton of threads and I have only gotten 1 person to give me rep and I had to point it out (It was more jokingly) to get it. Please don't take this as me bitching..

What I am trying to get at, is like on post counts. If you post 2,000 posts your reputation power goes up 1. How about if you report X amount of threads (meaningful reports), you auto get some reputation.

I know there will be some people that would exploit that system, but just make a cap per month, and tech they would be contributing.
    Last edited by Eski; 08-08-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Zaphry's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would also be good to have more moderators...
    Now it is like:
    posted in wrong section/flaming/or any that breaks forum rules ---> Moderator comes after +4 hours :yuck:

It would be good that there would be 2-3 moderators on each section...
    or 1 head moderator and 2 "mini" moderators on each section.

And only trusted people would be moderators ofc >_<

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think "mini mods" or "clean up mods" that are appointed to all the sections (but are not given much power, just the power to lock/move threads; I don't really know how the power scheme works here though, so maybe you'd have to give them power anyway) would be helpful.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Eski] View Post
    Ahh - Thanks for this.

I know you guys give Rep once in a while to people who report a lot of threads, and I really don't mean to bitch or complain so please don't take it that way, but I have reported a shit ton of threads and I have only gotten 1 person to give me rep and I had to point it out (It was more jokingly) to get it. Please don't take this as me bitching..

What I am trying to get at, is like on post counts. If you post 2,000 posts your reputation power goes up 1. How about if you report X amount of threads (meaningful reports), you auto get some reputation.

I know there will be some people that would exploit that system, but just make a cap per month, and tech they would be contributing.
    Ok, so instead of spamming for post count, people will spam reports for rep power and make the mod's lives harder? Nty.

@zaphry, 2-3 mods per section is probably overkill. It only takes 1 active mod to keep a section in order.

@-Lex, I agree/don't agree. People complaining won't be stopped, nor will reposts, etc. But it can be reduced (which makes the mods lives easier in the long run)

Also, I've been doing alot of research as of late into how vBulletin does it's moderation. And to be quite honest, I think it's horrible. (Nothing the mods/admins can do about it, so don't blame them) All reports are flooded to a single place, and have little to no way of easily distinguishing what section a report comes from. (Basically, each new report is posted in a staff forum full of other reports, with the info in there. Nothing in the post title about what section, etc, just who reported something.) So for now, I'll take back my comment about being 'slow'. Since obviously, you guys don't have a whole lot of choice. (It takes far too long to view a report on these forums, than it does on say phpBB, IPB, etc, since reports aren't automatically filtered for each different mod.)

So think of fixing reports as reading a forum flooded with re-posts. Every one looks the same, but you still need to open each and every one JUST to find the ones that belong to your section. (And I'm sure some of the mods have tried to moderate sections their not assigned to by accident, and I can promise it's been more than once or twice.)

Ebon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Eski] View Post
    Ahh - Thanks for this.

That could really turn out to be a good idea [Eski]. The only downside is it might end up getting the reporting system spammed like crazy, which probably useless reports from people wanting to get Reputation. Then they would probably get Infractions, and so on... .

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    That could really turn out to be a good idea [Eski]. The only downside is it might end up getting the reporting system spammed like crazy, which probably useless reports from people wanting to get Reputation. Then they would probably get Infractions, and so on... .
    There would obviously need to be guidelines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast