0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[custom model] not simple!

Custom models are not simple dbc edits or sound swaps!
    I for one would like to see the work of people who put together a model not made in WoW not have the tag of simple! I think there should be a section for custom models. "ie" models made from your own and not WoW files.
    The devil has a bullet with his name on it.

[custom model] not simple!
    R0w4n's Avatar Retired Model Editor :3
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KuRIoS allready spoke in the shoutbawx a couple days ago, where we had a "custom model chat" and he said, that for now, they are still "simple edits" and MAYBE there will be a "custom model" subforum once.. But not for the time being!

synthblade's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dmc22 View Post
    Custom models are not simple dbc edits or sound swaps!
    I for one would like to see the work of people who put together a model not made in WoW not have the tag of simple! I think there should be a section for custom models. "ie" models made from your own and not WoW files.
    I completely agree. I don't want my COMPLETELY custom models in the same sub-forum as "simple model edits"....
    I think we need subforums as this:

1) Model editing Programs & Guides (instructional area, duh)
    2) Model editing Questions, Requests, and Ideas (also challenges*)
    3) Model Swaps, Reskins, and Sound changes (blp's and wav)
    4) Custom Models (weapons, gear, and misc)
    5) Environmental model edits (scenery and landscaping)
    6) Old model edits (all the junk from present and back)

#3 keeps enough to make it interesting. Afterall, 80% of Mmowned's model editing population only does those^

#4 Of course can be filled with all the "good stuff" that we've been coming out with lately. I've seen quite a few custom models come around in just the past 2-3 weeks.

#5 obviously for those who aspire to create areas open for cheating in BG's or the less-carnal ones who enjoy roaming mystical lands created for luxury and sight-seeing.

#6 would mostly be to save moderators from having to move all the hundreds of threats into their subforums. This would be a huge time-saver.

Originally Posted by Jenack View Post
    KuRIoS allready spoke in the shoutbawx a couple days ago, where we had a "custom model chat" and he said, that for now, they are still "simple edits" and MAYBE there will be a "custom model" subforum once.. But not for the time being!
    Even if KuRIos was talking about it in shoutbawx, not many people really wanna browse the archives to see who's been talkin about what. I understand that rearranging the Model Editing forums will be a pain in the ass... and I personally wouldnt care to have a "junk pile" forum for all the older stuff... but at least we could start a bit more of the organizing now, so that a month or two from now we will have it a bit more stable.

Well, I've shown my opinion, though it may be overlooked :P
    Does anyone else have any ideas on how we might be able to clean up the Model Editing area?

AI is no match for Natural Stupidity.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by synthblade View Post
    I completely agree. I don't want my COMPLETELY custom models in the same sub-forum as "simple model edits"....
    I think we need subforums as this:

1) Model editing Programs & Guides (instructional area, duh)
    2) Model editing Questions, Requests, and Ideas (also challenges*)
    3) Model Swaps, Reskins, and Sound changes (blp's and wav)
    4) Custom Models (weapons, gear, and misc)
    5) Environmental model edits (scenery and landscaping)
    6) Old model edits (all the junk from present and back)

#3 keeps enough to make it interesting. Afterall, 80% of Mmowned's model editing population only does those^

#4 Of course can be filled with all the "good stuff" that we've been coming out with lately. I've seen quite a few custom models come around in just the past 2-3 weeks.

#5 obviously for those who aspire to create areas open for cheating in BG's or the less-carnal ones who enjoy roaming mystical lands created for luxury and sight-seeing.

#6 would mostly be to save moderators from having to move all the hundreds of threats into their subforums. This would be a huge time-saver.

Even if KuRIos was talking about it in shoutbawx, not many people really wanna browse the archives to see who's been talkin about what. I understand that rearranging the Model Editing forums will be a pain in the ass... and I personally wouldnt care to have a "junk pile" forum for all the older stuff... but at least we could start a bit more of the organizing now, so that a month or two from now we will have it a bit more stable.

Well, I've shown my opinion, though it may be overlooked :P
    Does anyone else have any ideas on how we might be able to clean up the Model Editing area?

they are not in archives anyways
    as i said back then, FOR NOW model editing section wont be changed... we will talk about it on next staff meeting or when the ME experts open their mouths in their priv section.