Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duh I have reason to sell my desktop i'm just not going to disclose them. The laptop I linked was just an example that's why I asked here for some help to find a better spec/deal laptop but turns out that was a waste of time.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

New Laptop
    Sn00p's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean you wanted people to crowd you and go OMG you're getting a gaming laptop?! Good buy!

And Alienware still have 2 locked cores, and use mobile series GPUs which aren't as powerful - furthermore, they cost 3x a desktop equivalent.

2 cores locked:
    http://ark.intel.com/products/52224/...he-2_30-GHz%29
    That CPU is basically an i3 2100.

It can't run WoW on high easily - WoW is an old game. You can only play source games/minecraft/old games reasonably, and even then, not on high settings.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.43075.0.html

Memory is SDRAM, which means it doesn't work in interleavered mode. This reduces performance even though it technically has 6GB. Furthermore it's only 1333MHz, so it's not even fast RAM.

The HDD is 5400 RPM, which is again significantly slower.

Last but not least, MSI aren't a fantastic brand and I believe they are the 3rd? most likely laptop to fail after 3 years.
    Last edited by Sn00p; 12-01-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Narudan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my desktop amd cpu also has 2 locked cores. So what?
    And why are you so angry?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I hate it when people just expect someone to gratify what they're buying. I'm offering legitimate points to keep his desktop.

By the way, why are you still using an Athlon Narudan?

On multithreaded applications 4 physical cores is important as ****; demonstrations:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/120?vs=88
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/289?vs=363
    The i3 is 2 physical cores; 4 logical cores. Same as the i5 2410m.

At then end of the day, go ahead and buy it. Don't cry with buyers remorse when you realize you can't play games on it properly though.
    Last edited by Sn00p; 12-01-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Narudan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Athlon because the price/performance ratio was way better than any comparable intelcpu.

just expect someone to gratify what they're buying.
    Now I am getting angry. You haven't read or haven't understood anything 2d has written. I already had to correct you 2 times. Try and find the 3rd mistake yourself.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure proved me wrong by linking a $2000 laptop he isn't going to be buying.

I would be angry too if I were still using my Athlon 7750 x2. But I'm not.

This is a gaming website right? I'm offering the best solution that will allow him to go about his business, while still being able to game.

Narudan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see: Someone says he will sell his desktop pc (for reasons that he won't share but are absolute). He wants to buy a notebook.
    Best solution: Don't buy a notebook, keep your desktop pc. Good work. +rep.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Narudan View Post
    Lets see: Someone says he will sell his desktop pc (for reasons that he won't share but are absolute). He wants to buy a notebook.
    Best solution: Don't buy a notebook, keep your desktop pc. Good work. +rep.
    Exactly, I CANT keep my desktop so idk where your going with that Sn00p, I was asking for HELP not to go around saying I can get a laptop QQ cos I couldn't care less if people knew or not. There are some amazing members on here who know a lot more about laptops than me that's why I was asking instead you are being not much help whatsoever nor are you actually reading what has been said.

edit: the dell XPS 15 looks alright
    Last edited by 2dgreengiant; 12-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't or won't?

I'm not saying he shouldn't get a notebook, I'm saying he should avoid selling his desktop and instead buying a notebook that's more reasonable for basic work.

If you actually can't, like there is something physically stopping you, then this is the peak of your budget:
    [Link removed] Do you own ****ing research then if you want to be rude afterwards. [Link removed]
    That i7 is a true quad core CPU and even has 8 logical cores through hyper-threading, furthermore the 5650M is significantly more powerful than the 6470M.
    Last edited by Sn00p; 12-03-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a toshiba Qosmio, mine is two years old and still going great, can run most games on max graphics still too. If you hate toshiba and can afford it look at razer's new gaming laptop.

Qosmio is a great laptop, it's like alienware minus all the ugly lights and exaggerated costs: Toshiba Qosmio® Laptop Computers | us.toshiba.com (us site but you can see what they have, they are great laptops; a bit of a pain to open up though if you want to replace something other than the hdd).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Get a toshiba Qosmio, mine is two years old and still going great, can run most games on max graphics still too. If you hate toshiba and can afford it look at razer's new gaming laptop.

Qosmio is a great laptop, it's like alienware minus all the ugly lights and exaggerated costs: Toshiba Qosmio® Laptop Computers | us.toshiba.com (us site but you can see what they have, they are great laptops; a bit of a pain to open up though if you want to replace something other than the hdd).
    Think that might be a bit pricey for him as his budget is 600 - but I agree Qosmios, Pavilions & Razer/Alienware (though they are pricey) are decent.
    Also take a look at Lenovo custom laptops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12