Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW is my first and only mmorpg, and I can't see myself playing another MMORPG, because i'm playing WoW for the Lore.
    I love the background, the universe, the characters. Even when I don't play, I check the websites to see how they implemented the famous characters I've learn to love from the books and previous stories.

I could maybe play sc2 mmorpg (if any), but there's no other lore that attracts me as much as WoW.
    Also, WoW killer has to have failures. I must allow model edits, exploits, it has to have dev lands badly hidden, and empty landscapes announcing future areas to be made.

I'm pretty sure no other game can do that, because even WoW didn't make all this on purpose.

Any good MMORPG in future?!
    artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    It's been a statement i have seen in trade chat since vanilla. The only thing that will kill WoW is WoW. I personally dont ever thing another MMO is going to dethrone WoW. WoW would have to simply COMPLETELY DIE (Not WoD Die) and than a new big dog comes into town. But as long as WoW is doing even mediocre in #'s I just cant fathom another MMO taking its place.

I have a theory that Blizzard has an estimated life span for WoW and are probably going to pop a NEW MMO out once they feel WoW is officially on its death bed. That way they always have the #1 MMO.
    In 5 years later, we will read your message, and we gonna say: "damn, he was right"

Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading your messages, there is such a feeling.
    "By 2004, the squad was sent from 2074 year, they collected all possible information about the future, a successful MMORPG and handed over to hand Blizzard with words there could be nothing more coolest"

*say good luck to my english*
    Last edited by artemarkantos; 07-15-2017 at 02:24 PM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think this is a loaded question and heres why. imo there has been many games out to "dethrone" wow for me in lots of areas and finally when bdo came out it showed me what real pvp should feel like and why have we been stuck in this old method. WoW will never be "dethroned" as its a clasic for many players as it was there first mmo as diablo 2 and starcraft (original) will never be "dethroned" for me but i do admit there are a lot of good games out there that i can sink my time into. A lot of it is because the us/eu game publishers keep trying to copy/match a concept that "works" or at least has worked but thats really not the reason that keeps people playing it. its the time/history/friends that keeps people playing it so when other companies come out with games it feels like a clone. Another thing us/eu dev's started doing is looking for asian games to import and turn them into pay 2 win type of games to quickly cash out on games the only effort they did in it was highering the proper teams for translations as they get all there patch work/new content from the original dev's. So in conclusion i feel the outlook on a dethrone is not the proper term and more of what type of game have you tried/expect to come out to get you off of wow as i mentioned black desert was that game for me.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i honestly dont believe there will be an mmorpg to dethrone Wow. Wow had just the right set of circumstances at just the right time to go skyrocket the way it did. mmos are not nearly as popular as they were. theres now a bigger emphasas in casual games, and a helluva lot more games around in general, and with digital delivery, theres ALWAYS more games. i dont think there will be an MMO bigger than wow because i think imo that the mmorpg genre will never be as big as it was in wows peak.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

6. Thanks artemarkantos (1 members gave Thanks to TehVoyager for this useful post)
    kellerxp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Game of Thrones would have the following to make a challenge to WoW if it was done right as an MMO.

Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not need a WoW killer, but we need a worthy replacement

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prediction: Overwatch Online, OO, will dethrone WoW. Short term, that next potentially great MMO that i've had a lot of fun within beta is Albion Online which launches tomorrow! Get hyped! Brand New Sandbox MMORPG 2017 | Albion Online

10. Thanks artemarkantos (1 members gave Thanks to Ket for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i having looked all possible MMORPG for the next 1-2years. I can say that this games (not the killers of the wow), but a good time forwarding

Albion online
    Crowfall
    Dark n Light online
    Chronicles of Elyria
    Ashes of Creation
    New World
    Last edited by artemarkantos; 07-16-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking for myself, I'm 99% sure I'll permanently cancel my WoW accounts the day Destiny 2 comes out for PC hopefully in a couple of months.

Senketsu's Avatar Moderator
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    252/127
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way i see it is at some point all mmo's are the same it comes down to ui layout combat system ect and it seem's blizzard Figured it out so any other games that come out will just be copy and paste. so it will be hard to be the so called wow killer. I would like to see this happen one day im ready for a new game that rocks hard and will make me feel like i did when i played wow for the first time.

Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by scrappyballz View Post
    I would like to see this happen one day im ready for a new game that rocks hard and will make me feel like i did when i played wow for the first time.
    i hope, its will happen soon

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think wow basically captured the market early and hooked many people in, who in turn put so much time into the game that they feel putting so much into another mmo, no matter how good it is a waste of time. This is mainly the reason people drift back to wow after so long, when people try other games they compare their features to wows and just decide they might aswell be playing wow instead.

Personally i think the whole mmo genre is a dying thing, nobody really wants to be spending hours at a time grinding stuff, hence why wow has taken more of a turn towards instant gratification crowd. This way they keep people subbed and those people can just spend an hour or two playing, then log out and do something else but not feel tied to the game or be behind like the old days. Blizzard can focus on other things due to this, like overwatch/hots and the like.

I honestly think nothing will dethrone wow. Once it starts its deathrattle they'll release legacy realms like runescape did and it'll probably live on till either their offices are hit by a nuclear bomb, wiping out their entire team and its code or i pass from this world, cradled in the arms of my future robot butler.

16. Thanks Eryx, artemarkantos, bloodraw08 (3 members gave Thanks to gippy for this useful post)
    advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something which i believe could seriously hurt wow and make a ton of money: a legacy server that doesn't violate copyright.

Nostralius proved there was a huge market for a paced, grindy MMO. Some people probably like the old graphics and gameplay but I think most people like me enjoyed many things about vanilla but not that.
    You could copy vanilla's system verbatim without violating copyright and market it heavily as being true to the spirit of old wow. You could almost certainly raise a ton of money through kickstarter.

I'd seriously consider doing this myself if my programming skills were better. I can't think of a way to get rich with a higher probability right now.
    Last edited by advanta; 07-18-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

18. Thanks Eryx, artemarkantos (2 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont think there hasnt been worthy games out, but the games haven't matched what people were expecting, simply because people expect something different than WoW at the same time as wanting something similar. I think it's because WoW captured the audiences/players with a very easy gameset, yet, awarding in the sence of progressing all the time. Not just through leveling, but also from skill leveling and, in the early days, exploring.
    If we look at BDO, just as Sed did, the game is beautiful with nice graphics and quite complex, I do believe it is too complex as the "dumb" WoW gamers, cant be bothered to learn all there is too learn to be succesful in BDO, they would rather just "plug and play"..
    There wont be a WoW killer until we, as consumers/players, start being realistic on what we're expecting.

20. Thanks sed- (1 members gave Thanks to KuRIoS for this useful post)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast