5/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitness thread

Hey hey. After a chat in the bawx the other day I decided to make a little Fitness thread for everyone to be able to go to if they want to help/help others with their fitness training!

This is by no means anything formal, just a place to go if you have questions and such, and want them answered by people who you know won't judge you, whereas some fitness threads may flame you.

Anyways here is a good basic 4 week program to get yourself started, for those who are wanting to start working out!

4-Week Beginner's Workout Routine | Muscle & Fitness

Here is the program I follow, I made a few changes to fit my style, and I don't follow the food program much either, since my metabolism is through the roof.

Bodybuilding.com - Mutant Strength: Hugh Jackman's Wolverine Workout Plan

So if you have any advice or questions, please post them here!!

Fitness thread
    Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very nice initiative!

Myself, I also got a varied training from soccer, handball, ice hockey, ski jumping and miscellaneous martial arts genres. I'll do my best to assist Bippy by replying to the questions if people ask.

And I'll add some general tips for those that want to start working out

1: Working out must be fun, or you won't stick with it. For example, do you dislike training in the gym(like me) - do something else that is fun.
    2: Following a diet is good - but if that diet is for working out - it's EXTREMELY important that you also do the workouts, else you'll just become fat and your cholesterol will shoot through the roof! Work out diets have LOTS of calories and carbs, you want to avoid this unless you're burning at least equal to the daily intake in your workouts.
    3: Don't work out alone! Call a friend, post on forums, try to get in touch with other people at the gym. This also makes it harder to go "AWOL" from practice because you're letting someone else down if you don't show up.
    4: Restitution is important - we all want to become like Usain Bolt or Cristiano Ronaldo, but resting between workouts are very important. So is getting enough sleep. 7-8 hours is minimum in hard workout periods.
    5: Drink lots of water.
    6: Read 1 again.
    7: Push limits, as a friend of mine says "If it's not painful, it's not working" - use this with moderation, but it's important to push limits and try to improve a little bit every time you work out.

Good luck!

Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what is your mileage this summer?

I have ran more than 900 kilometers since 1. May 2014

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    268/285
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----------------------
    Last edited by Confucius; 11-06-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Bippy's Avatar I'm Back Baby Laykith's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice story Confucius! Thanks for sharing . Hopefully it sparks others to do the same!

@ Eryx, I've ran about 720 miles since that time, lowballing at 6 miles per run at 5 times per week, since may 1, about 720. So in KM that's... 1158~ KM . It's gonna slow down quite a bit now, as it's getting cold here and I mainly run outside..