16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logitech Stuff Free *not sure if still works*

i am a firm believer in exploiting corporate policies to obtain free shit...so befor you call me a scammer or other names...remember im not scamming anyone or anything...instead i am exploiting a broken system for personal gain...and im giving you this info for eductional purpouses...i cant be held responsable if your a dumbass....

basicly this was a scam i came across a few years back....it takes a bit of intellgence and a tad of social engineering to complete...but the finsih product is free shit from Logitech...i had posted this up on exploiter.us befor its demise...i dont know if this has been posted here befor as i am ****ing lazy and refuse to use the search button...so if it has...remember it was i who origanley came up with it....and if it no longer works, its still worth the education behind it....

1. The Setup:

Each logitech component has 3 sets of numbers on them a p/n (parts number), a m/n (model name), and a pid (serial #) -we will need all 3

If you own a logitech keyboard flip it over and look at the sticker you will see all 3 there same with the mouses or wireless controllers....not sure where they are located on headsets...but they are on the back of speakers...bottom of webcams...you get the point

if you dont own any logitech crap then go down to the local best buy, staples, office depot, etc. and take a picture of there display model...yes there display models actually have valid #'s take a picture, or write them all down...you need them for every component...if you are trying to get yourself a free wireless keyboard and mouse, you will need a total of 9 #'s
    1 on the keyboard
    1 on the mouse
    1 on the wireless base

make sure you remeber which numbers go with which piece it is important

2. The Call
    now that we have our numbers its time to call logitech find the coresponding number here (unfortuinatly this is long distance but i will touch on how to get around that in a sec): http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/contact/&cl=us,en

when conected tell the costomer service rep that you wish for them to call you back as the call is long distance and you are having problems with one of there products...most times they will ask befor you get a chance to tell them...you need to give themyour actuall information such as phone #, name, address....if you dont mind the long distance charges (usually around 10-15 mins) then skip this step...

3. The Scam
    this is where it gets fun...now that they have your information name, phone #, address, and product info (make sure to say you got it as a present or the store wouldnt let you return it...but make sure you tell them you got it with in the past month month in a half) they will run through a diagnostic test with you....first asking quesitons like are the cables plugged in correctly, are there new batteries, etc. then they willhave you d/l updated drivers, and then some other stupid tests...the whole time pretend you are doing this and always say that didnt fix your problem....i like to say that when i touch a key it only prints 4 or some shit....

4. End Reuslt
    logitech will tell you in the end when nothing else fixes your
    problem that a replacment product is being shipped out to you and to please throw away your malfunctioning hardware....thats it...

now i have heard that this doesnt always work whith items that are extreamly exspensive liek some of there surround sound systems they require you to send back a cable....if this is the case tell them sure...and then call back in a few weeks to chekc the status and tell them you had sent it in....9 out of 10 times the customer is always right....

5. Last Note
    This scam worked as of about 5-6 months ago when i got my new keyboard and mouse setup...in total i have probably gotten around 7 differnt items sent to me for free from logitech...if you do this to much to frequantly you get black listed...so be sparce with it and try not to get greedy...

-DeMoN

Logitech Stuff Free *not sure if still works*
    Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Logitech Stuff Free *not sure if still works*

Just a quick question:

Won't employees be a little curious about why you're looking at the back of something copying some information down?

Guess you can make an excuse, but any idea of what else you can do with this info. as to make it sound real possible that THAT's why you're doing it?

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have had people come over and ask can i help you...my reply "No"...they walk away....they dont get paid enough to care

wicked jt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the employees dont care
    i was in circuit city and the laptops had fingerprint scanners
    so i locked them all using my fingerprint, while being watched by a curious sales man.
    he laughed and turned around.

seems like it would work, but i think they would tell you to send in the faulty hardware. If they didnt then nice scam : )

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no they dont ask for the faulty hardware they instead say a replacement willbe out in 2-4 weeks....try it with a wireless keybaord and mouse if you dont believe me as thats what i have done it most with...as there wireless shit usually breaks after 6 months - a year any how...this is something i have used for over 3 years if matt cares to remember back that far im sure he confirm that at one time it did work....as of right now last time i used it was around 6 months ago....

-DeMoN