Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How To] Get Your iPod / iPhone Replaced Free!

So I got this idea the other day and I have since tested it and found it to be indeed working. Not only that but my friend also did it for his iPhone 3g.

[NOTE: You need to make a backup point on your iPod/iPhone if you want to keep all of your settings!!!!!! I will say this again later if you fail to do so!

Also, this only works if you have bought you device within the last year, or you won't have a warrenty to replace it.]

Step 1
    Check that you have an existing warranty (they come standard for a year) on your device.
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Schedule an appointment with an Apple Genius online at your nearest apple retail location.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Step 2
    Open iTunes and restore your iPhone / iPod Touch to a new device.

Step 3
    After your iPod is done restoring, it will ask you if you want to resync. Press yes, and restore it from the last backup point.
    [NOTE: You need to make a backup point if you want to keep all of your settings!!!!!!]

This is done so the Genius at the apple store will see that you've already tried to fix it and will (hopefully) eliminate the possibility that restoring it there will fix the problem....As restoring is known to fix most problems.

Step 4
    After it's done and back to normal head on up to the Apple store. Practice this in the mirror a few times.

The conversation will go something like this;

Genius: Hey, what can I do for you?
    You: Well, after listening to my device for about 30minutes or so, it randomly starts pausing and playing. I tried restoring it on my computer and still the problem is persisting.
    G: Okay, and how long has it been doing this?
    Y: A few weeks now.
    G: Alright, and all of your music works alright on your computer?
    Y: Yeah, I listen to it all day long.
    G: Okay;

Once you get to this part, he will do one of a few things.

1. Test it and decide to bring you a new one
    2. Decide it would be best to restore at the Apple store (in case you downloaded bad software), go back your computer and have you set up it as a new device, erasing all of your old settings.
    3. (If you have out of date software before 3.1.1) He may update it and see if that fixes the problem

Step 5
    At this point, if he does 2 or 3, you'll go back home, do as he says and bring it back in if the problem persist. They'll put you on record and when you come back in, swap out the device for a brand new one.

That's it! Take your new device free of scratches and blemishes and get yourself a good case so it doesn't happen again!

Or sell it and buy a Zune HD....

Where there's a will, there's an inheritance.
    aim
    sielonsusmsn[email protected]

[How To] Get Your iPod / iPhone Replaced Free!
    Nolixz's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    6/17
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it.

1. Save Ipod settings.
    2. Restore it.
    3. Go into Apple store and say the music is pausing and stuff and that you've restored and it still dosen't work.
    4. The Apple d00d will try to fix.
    5. He fixes.
    6. You get new Ipod? :/

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL "1 member and 15 guests".. Just had to post that, leech away! Leech away!

On topic: Nice one, i think i understand what you're saying :> Too bad i don't have an iPod from last year ;<

Cryt's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nolixz View Post
    I don't get it.

1. Save Ipod settings.
    2. Restore it.
    3. Go into Apple store and say the music is pausing and stuff and that you've restored and it still dosen't work.
    4. The Apple d00d will try to fix.
    5. He fixes.
    6. You get new Ipod? :/

Apple can't actually fix that problem, nor can they prove youre telling a lie about it happening. So either theyll just be lazy and replace or theyll restore it at the store and have you come back if the problem still remains.... and given the problem was made up in the first place, it will.
    Where there's a will, there's an inheritance.
    aim
    sielonsusmsn[email protected]

Nolixz's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    6/17
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha, well.. I had a problem with my Sleep button on my Ipod Touch 2nd gen, and i also dropped my Ipod and it was water damaged, BUT i said i wanted a new ipod since the sleep button diden't work.

They just send the Ipod to Germany, and i will get a new one because the sleep button diden't work

1. Use the Sleep button ALOT on your ipod\iphone.
    2. When you have used it so much it dosen't work send it to Apple.
    3. You get new ipod\iphone.
    4.???
    5. Profit.

Win.