0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Open Beta (Review) 1-10

My First Impressions Of WHO (Warhammer Online) - From Downloading to level 10

Okay i first download it from Fileplanet.
    (It takes forever for the line |12k People in Line| then forever to download)

Okay i am all set lets now login...

If such was so. that is.

I enter my Beta center account login info and nothing happens. So i then have to make another account for the openbeta + regular play. (Kinda pissed off that beta center accounts don't move over)

Then you have to patch an additional 142MB (not very bad but i am already tired of downloading)'

Okay now i am In.

Usually i make a Warrior or Mage Type class ( i want to pwn!)

but.. Not today i decide to try out a priest class see how it is.

So i go to Mount Gunbad and Make a Destruction Zealot . Its a guy with a skull in his hand so he must be cool i thought.

So i login and accept the first quests start killing some zombies its all good.

One of the first quests you get is to .. PVP!!!

I first thought Wtf? I am gonna get owned but it wasn't so. In WHO PVP you get around 1k+ and more armor to match up to level 10's.

I enter an area with about 10 People near a bunch of boats, i advance towards the Fortress which is in ruins in the center of the map. I get owned instantly by a couple of melle that get me b/c i was to far ahead but i respawn and start in the back more. I start healing and its going good the Order surprisingly is winning though. Most would think from WOW (most of which i know is that Bad Side Wins) Its not such the case always, even though they can't mutate their arms or be evil doesn't mean they can't kick ass.

After i am done pvp'ing and turning in the quest i get almost 1/2 a BAR! of XP! I was amazed and i got gold as well for even pvp'ing. It was pretty sweet so far.

So after my first pvp session i tryed some PVE. I went to go finish off my Zombies and turn in my quest and i noticed the minimap + map has big location areas (in red circles that show the Area in which quests are done) . I was much inclined to like this b/c without it i would think it would be a pain in the ass to find out where to go.

I went into the Undead catacombs (part 2 of the quest) and i was thinking hey this is a newbie zone no WAY i could die. But after 3 Deaths it changed my opinion. So now being more carefull and not takeing on 3 + adds or even running through mobs and takeing them all on at once with my Priest Bleeds .

Another thing i found intresting is the Achivements and the Xp you get from them for dieing and even touching your avatar X times. I got both just for fun.

So i go on to the next town and theres a quest to burn n pillage it was pretty fun killing guards and villagers. But got a little tedious after they all would face rape you if you got close to a barrel. But it was pretty nice since there was 20+ people in the same area (Its first day of open beta). But still i finished it up and since there are basically 25 second spawns it was plenty to kill.

I ended up doing my rounds being level 6.

I did the OPEN Rvr quests and was surprised about the amount of people there i saw probably dead corpses every 20 feet or so. (I died about 3 times here but i took down at least 4). It was pretty nice compared to WOW's Empty PVP servers area's since everyone and their sister is in Battlegrounds.

Lastly i finished up my levels with a PQ (Public Quest) and i ended up being a healbot but hey i am a priest class anyways... Well i got ep1c 100t so its all good b/c doing alot of healing or damage or a combo adds to your ranking in the PQ. And based on that is what you get the loot on.

Ding Level 10...

So Far. . . Its Good

8.75/10

It could be optimized a little more the servers were laggy in most areas and this open beta i know but theres also some things i would like added like more stuff to do in the battlegrounds (more secrets passages and other cool stuff) maybe some more intresting stuff as well in the newbie areas. But its playable maybe not a WOW killer but another Bullet in the Back of the Beast, since its very much like WOW and will be inviteing for new players. I will stick with Warhammer but still do some WOW on the Side.

-Luciferc

If you like any of my posts Please +REP ( i wanna stop being a leacher)
    Last edited by luciferc; 09-17-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Warhammer Open Beta (Review) 1-10
    Stormyt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which server you on?? Just started playing also. Njoying so far.

thero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree, it's not a WoW killer. Warhammer Online
    is a good game, and I really liked it. But for it to become a
    WoW killer, it will have to be BETTER than WoW, and that's
    an almost impossible task as WoW has been out for so long
    and they have added so much content and polish.

That being said, I liked the breath of fresh air. I won't be
    buying the WOW expansion, but Warhammer Online instead.
    Graphics are nicer and the greenskin quests are just hilarious.

Obex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing wow for 3 years now and are finaly board WOTLK doesnt seem to be changing its forumlar just adding pritty tassels and baubles to distract you from the fact that your grinding another 10 levels so WAR will be a nice change.
    Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

c0ddingt0n's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm

Ill have to try warhammer