0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Show-off] MONSTER™ EDITION Profile Image and Anime List

Hey everyone. Just got done making a profile image for my profile on MyAnimeList. I'm happy with the results. Took me around 18 hours to do though. Let me know what you think.

Give it a minute to load.

EDIT:
    Meh, sorry, couldn't get the preview working on here in fixed and fluid layouts, so here it is:

http://dperolio.net/mal_profile/index.html

It's on a white background, because that's what it's used on.

Hey all, I'm wandering through again. I just set my anime list to public, so you can all let me know what you think of it. I had severe limitations in designing and coding it (CSS only, no HTML or Javascript) so it actually took me over 100 hours to do this. It would've been a hundred times faster from scratch writing my own HTML. I would say this doesn't match my usual style, but you guys might disagree. I tried to keep it kind of fun and "interactive" will fun with anime chibi characters popping up all over the place. XD There are 9 different anime chibi characters hiding in total.

One thing that bugs me is the speed of my Completed page. It lags a decent amount, at least for me, unfortunately. But I'm on a 10-year-old laptop with a crappy internet connection. Hopefully it runs smoothly for you all. Even stripping the CSS and effects doesn't help though. It's just the way MAL is designed with tables and post cover art all loading at once (several hundred) causes the page to lag regardless. Hopefully it doesn't lag badly on not old computers though.

Anyway, give me some feedback please.

dperolio's Anime List - MyAnimeList.net
    Last edited by dperolio; 02-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.

[Show-off] MONSTER™ EDITION Profile Image and Anime List
    Jogex's Avatar Contributor The Black Sheep
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit this looks amazing! :O
    Good job!

The only thing that bothers me are the bottom buttons. Are they supposed to be like shelves? I didn't really get the feeling that they are sticking outwards. Feels like something is wrong with the depth. Might just be me, though

+rep
    Last edited by Jogex; 02-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    Check out my HonorBuddy 101 Guide!

dperolio's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jogex View Post
    Holy shit this looks amazing! :O
    Good job!

The only thing that bothers me are the bottom buttons. Are they supposed to be like shelves? I didn't really get the feeling that they are sticking outwards. Feels like something is wrong with the depth. Might just be me, though

+rep
    Hey thanks!

Shelves? Not really, and no they're not really supposed to be sticking out.

If you're referring to:

They're basically just like... dents in them. No real purpose to them, just thought it looked good.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks astonishing! Did you draw all the characters yourself?

I'm nitpicking, but the small headlines (web designer, your age, your name, etc) have this awkward gradient which at least to me causes a slight trouble while reading. It's not much at all, just something I noticed.

Overall it looks really well done. It doesn't lag for me, the animations are just slow enough to not bother me and the overall layout is amazing. Excellent job man!

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

dperolio's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    I'm nitpicking, but the small headlines (web designer, your age, your name, etc) have this awkward gradient which at least to me causes a slight trouble while reading. It's not much at all, just something I noticed.
    Yeah, those seem to not be liked too much. I actually did it that way on purpose though. They're mainly there for sort of decoration, out of focus. You will see the gradients at a glance, but won't really be able to read them easily unless you're focusing on them. The NAME, AGE, JOB, and LOCAL are supposed to catch your attention, and then cause you focus on each of the fields. And jut casually looking, the body text should catch your focus and be easy to read.

I know what you mean though, and you're not alone in finding it a bit annoying.

I appreciate the feedback.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. No, the anime character's weren't drawn by me. The top and bottom ones were both done by the same artist, Gia, one of my favorites. He specializes in this type of art (mechanical girls). You can see his portfolio here: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=34624&lang=ja
    Last edited by dperolio; 02-11-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bubblenbake View Post
    Yeah, those seem to not be liked too much. I actually did it that way on purpose though. They're mainly there for sort of decoration, out of focus. You will see the gradients at a glance, but won't really be able to read them easily unless you're focusing on them. The NAME, AGE, JOB, and LOCAL are supposed to catch your attention, and then cause you focus on each of the fields. And jut casually looking, the body text should catch your focus and be easy to read.

I know what you mean though, and you're not alone in finding it a bit annoying.

I appreciate the feedback.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. No, the anime character's weren't drawn by me. The top and bottom ones were both done by the same artist, Gia, one of my favorites. He specializes in this type of art (mechanical girls). You can see his portfolio here: ?Gia???????? [pixiv]
    Aah, alright. I'll buy that explanation

Regardless of the fact that you didn't draw the characters yourself, it's still a pretty damn impressive feat to make them blend in with the rest of the site as well as you have. They fit well color-wise and their positioning is excellent. Kudos.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Flewer's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dustin, Veins here, and aswell i taught Dustin everything!