Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carbine banning for using Jadd's 32 bit forcer?

Is Carbine banning for using Jadd's 32 bit forcer?

PSA: Don't use 32-bit Forcers : WildStar

Am I safe if I am using my own custom launcher to download and launch official files?

Carbine banning for using Jadd's 32 bit forcer?
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got banned too. I was also using it but I have no idea why Carbine would be banning people for this. There's too many legitimate reasons to force 32-bit to use it as a viable method of stopping botters and cheaters.

There's no possibility that patching the launcher could cause a ban, it never contacts the server other than when grabbing files. It's more likely to assume that process and operating system specs get sent upon login. If the user is using the x86 process on a x64 OS -> ban. Again, this seems utterly stupid to me. And in that case: no, using your own launcher won't make a difference.

temp321's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks. I don't want to reverse without hex rays.

alucqrd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/53
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got banned as well, using my own method to make the client download and 32 bit files. I never imagined they would ban me for patching their launcher to force 32-bit, but they did...
    As Jadd said, banning somebody because he uses a 32-bit enforcer is totally pointless as it is not stopping anybody to hack the game, even on the short-term.
    There are some free 64-bit decompiler available (REC Decompiler Home Page) on google and it just took me just one day to convert the 32-bit infos I had to 64-bit.

The method I used was to patch in memory the if statement after GetNativeInfo check, just overwriting one byte compared to some value from structure returned by GetNativeInfo, from 9 (x64) value to 0 (x86). Asm instruction can be found in memory at LauncherBase + 0x90B if I remember correctly.

BTW after being suspended using my own method, I though that using your patcher would be safe Jadd, so I used it during last two days.. and didn't get banned on my other account lol. Now I'll be more careful =)

Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if reversing even comes into the equation. All of the big names in botting that I know of have x64 licenses for IDA/Hex-rays so even banning people who use this for reversing purposes is pointless.

z0yb3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, banned too ,using my own launcher but same method as above

alcor75's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/59
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same for me, using Jadd (man you are awesome and pls don't stop helping us, all the info you post bring great knowledge to us all) 32 bit forcer.

Are you guys going to contact the customers support? do you think we can pretend we had a good reason to use it?

I managed to write my first C# framework and i was adding utility to it (finished Radar and MeshPathing yesterday were about to start other logic), but it was for the 32 bit client, i tryed alot to understand how to use the 64bit pointers but without success( i'm still using GrayMagic and if i try to switch to 64bit it stop work so i'm blind), i won't stop and dig again to try to find more info and understand it, but i really hope you guys start posting info about the 64bit client in the Wildstar Memory Editing section, like you did for the 32bit one, i'm learning along the way, but still unable to find alone all the cool Offset you posted until now( so many and awesome).

/bow

z0yb3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they answered me that their anti cheat system pretty complex, and if anti cheat said that you cheater, then so be it. Well, then as in "wow", we re-checked and agreed to measures taken to your account.You can ask us questions, but do not expect that it would change the punishment. Something like that.
    Last edited by z0yb3r; 07-11-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alcor75 View Post
    Are you guys going to contact the customers support? do you think we can pretend we had a good reason to use it?
    Sure. I think it's a mistake that Carbine doesn't want to admit. I simply told them that I did nothing wrong (I really didn't.) A couple days later and I get this response:

I had two-factor authentication enabled from day one so the chances of my account actually getting compromised is like, 0.00000001%.

Edit: I got my account back.
    Last edited by Jadd; 07-11-2014 at 08:53 AM.

aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My account was banned and I was told no chance at getting it back. The worst part was it was originally a 7 day suspension. I made a ticket, it got investigated and then perma banned.

Scler's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aeo View Post
    My account was banned and I was told no chance at getting it back. The worst part was it was originally a 7 day suspension. I made a ticket, it got investigated and then perma banned.
    The exact thing happened to me and just minutes ago I received the email stating it was permanent and they weren't wrong and there is nothing I can say to change their minds. My first reply to the original suspension was probably what made the determination to permanently ban. I asked them when I allegedly used an exploit instead of outright denying it and playing dumb like I should have. So watch what you say and don't say too much.
    Last edited by Scler; 07-11-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Midi12's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you surely used hacks in conjonction of 32bit forcer. Got banned because of my own loader, not used hacks nor exploits, and get my account back. Was using 32bit loader for debugging purposes (and autolooting via internal function calling).

Scler's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the best thing to do would probably to install a 32 bit version of windows on a partition or a different hard drive and launch their wildstar patcher to download the proper files and run them on a proper 32 bit system

Altnob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is actually total bullshit. I was hit witha 7day suspension too. didn't use nova or any other hacks except 32bit forcer. i'm furious. even if you reach out to the community and try to get them to realize carbine is wrongfully banning people the community just calls you a stupid hacker and says it's your fault for hacking. it's absurd the support carbine is getting for wrongfully banning people.

Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    this is actually total bullshit. I was hit witha 7day suspension too. didn't use nova or any other hacks except 32bit forcer. i'm furious. even if you reach out to the community and try to get them to realize carbine is wrongfully banning people the community just calls you a stupid hacker and says it's your fault for hacking. it's absurd the support carbine is getting for wrongfully banning people.
    It's hard to argue with Reddit. If you really did nothing wrong, submit a ticket and they will return your account.

Here's the culprit, as pointed out by SKU (0x004276F0 and 0x0041FD60 [6760.3]):
    Last edited by Jadd; 07-12-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast