Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like it so far, just sucks that it came out right in the middle of my exam period... So far at level 25 I find it smooth and enjoyable, haven't found alot of bugs yet :b
    It is more enjoyable when you play with friends - also when you meet the opposing faction during leveling you wont be jumped/ganked as much. At least if you aren't great at pvp
    Dungeons seems VERY interesting and I look forward to trying veteran dungeons at level 50, they look very hard and challenging!

WildStar... Is it worth it? Come Discuss
    Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy (sometimes) that to get through a dungeon or battleground you have to work together as a team and/or follow mechanics. You can't just stand in shit in the dungeons and expect to be carried by the healer or tank. Regardless how good your healer/tank or even dps is, if you stand in shit constantly, pull threat constantly or do any other stupid shit you can in WoW and get away with, you will die.

BG's is seriously, work as a team or lose. Simple as that, no sugar coating, no OP excuses, no nothing. Sure you can have a 1 or 2 people being idiots as per usual and still work coherently and win but to do so, you have to work and communicate as a unit, that's why i see so many people whining about pre-mades. They're a ****ing team, that's why your poor excuse of an opposite side is so useless.

Overall, i find the game to be quite enjoyable, apart from some of the questing and the quest log having an orgy on the right hand side of my screen sometimes. Obviously there are a few mandatory addons most people playing would recommend to get your full experience (which honestly, you really shouldn't have to do).

Bananas.

Panzer Owning's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is pretty good. animated well and pretty nice quests with housing plans. seems fun!

NoplaN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my first MMO, I was totally against this genre until I actually started playing WildStar. I love it so far.

DarkHeaven's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lower levels are not that fun but if you can push through too the 30's and up it gets alot better. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is bored and looking for a challenge.

Venumidas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I read any hates here, to the OP, yes, try it. Nothing else to include here since it's his opinion if he likes it or not.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did try it, i played it a lot for the beta and before release.
    It is a horrible game. i do not like it, never will.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

xRaBBiTx's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The combat really keeps you on your toes, and theyve developed ways to make all the grindy stuff feel less repetitive. The fact that the game is 99% aoe-oriented is a lot of fun. Instead of button spamming attacks, youre button spamming attacks and having to dodge around a lot, or else youre dead. The aoe-"hologram" system is going to make dungeon/raid heals a whole new level. Healer and the person being healed have to coherently be in the right spots for heals. I'll admit, 200 more hours in, it might be getting a little annoying and will make me miss the simplicity of WoW combat, but so far, I like it.

The game feels thick, theres quests everywhere, you practically cant even complete everything in a zone. Some things I dont like are that each class only has one weapon type, and that blues are given out a little too easily. However, despite the easy blues, this game is really tough to be honest. They're really filling the niche WoW created when they decided to make it a game of less difficulty. Dungeons are almost as hard as todays WoW raids. The first level 20 dungeon had a boss with five phases, and I'm eager to do 40 man raids. We'll see how it pans out.

I generally do not like sci-fi theme games at all, but I can stomach this. It's got a cartoonish vibe but is for what I would consider more "hardcore" mmo players, its a neat blend. The major downside to the cartoonish vibe, and the setting in general, is that I couldn't care less about the lore or why x race is doing what it is. In that aspect, its lacking. The zones are really cool, but the architecture feels pretty similar throughout. That's something that is an issue for the sci-fi genre. Of course, I'm only level 25 and probably have a lot more to see.

Flowsion's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but OP post was fairly painful to read, some seriously wrong information in there and some strange opinions as well.

This is coming from a (fairly) hardcore WoW player who has no intentions of quitting wow anytime soon. Wildstar to me has been very enjoyable so far, the questing is exactly what I expected, the leveling is paced fine (in MY opinion), the movement is amazing and feels extremely smooth, the combat is MOSTLY fine, although being Australian it can be sometimes difficult with 200 ms. It seems full of content, lots of achievements, professions, player housing, path missions etc to mess around with, pvp at first glance seems fun, dungeons are enjoyable too.

But given all that, there's a few small things which can be slightly irritating. The achievement panel seems buggy, you can't easily navigate to find achievements or even click on anything in the front achievement page (is this a bug?). The quest tracking is a little strange and takes some time getting used to, targeting players can sometimes bug out, autowalk is buggy and sometimes doesn't register, elite mobs seem pointless (they are fun and challenging to solo, but offer almost no reward). The voice acting is a little over-the-top and childish, although I suppose that's the direction they intended with the theme of the game, oh and the guild perks seem extremely expensive. Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it and will continue to play as long as it stays fun.

lolhacks123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to not have such a bad connotation that Wildstar is basically WoW 2.0 in space. Honestly that is a good thing, better combat, better play styles and classes.

Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but OP post was fairly painful to read, some seriously wrong information in there and some strange opinions as well.

This is coming from a (fairly) hardcore WoW player who has no intentions of quitting wow anytime soon. Wildstar to me has been very enjoyable so far, the questing is exactly what I expected, the leveling is paced fine (in MY opinion), the movement is amazing and feels extremely smooth, the combat is MOSTLY fine, although being Australian it can be sometimes difficult with 200 ms. It seems full of content, lots of achievements, professions, player housing, path missions etc to mess around with, pvp at first glance seems fun, dungeons are enjoyable too.

But given all that, there's a few small things which can be slightly irritating. The achievement panel seems buggy, you can't easily navigate to find achievements or even click on anything in the front achievement page (is this a bug?). The quest tracking is a little strange and takes some time getting used to, targeting players can sometimes bug out, autowalk is buggy and sometimes doesn't register, elite mobs seem pointless (they are fun and challenging to solo, but offer almost no reward). The voice acting is a little over-the-top and childish, although I suppose that's the direction they intended with the theme of the game, oh and the guild perks seem extremely expensive. Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it and will continue to play as long as it stays fun.
    This was written during the beta. things change. also, why is my opinions strange? its mine not yours, do not judge it. instead write something useful to go again't my opinions. that is usually called a conversation and/ or debate.

I still think even after playing release that movement is still not like it should be. But i have played every major mmo since diablo. So i have a wide varied opinion.

Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolhacks123 View Post
    People need to not have such a bad connotation that Wildstar is basically WoW 2.0 in space. Honestly that is a good thing, better combat, better play styles and classes.
    i personally hate its feel and its boring...

Midi12's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only similiraty between WoW and WS might be cartoon models and environments.

eclipsical's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it isn't a complete game-changer, but I feel like Wildstar has brought back and significantly refined the old WoW experience I was looking for. it's excellent.

Flowsion's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    why is my opinions strange?
    "a simple config button and login with some lower end 3d graphic"
    ???

"When selecting a race, there is 4 choices per faction. and of course each choice has male or female models. But you cannot customize their looks, color etc."
    ???

"Quest - They are extremely guided and restrictive. Must like SWTOR. You have to go where you one quest line is leading you and you cannot really leave the area until it is finished"
    I found it to be the complete opposite, If I felt ready to leave an area, I would drop all my quests and move forward

"The char screens on the left side as in wow, but have mixed chats, which can be annoying as hell."
    This is highly customize-able in both WoW and Wildstar, you decide what chat you see

"And it is extremely tiny chat, so hard for the impaired people."
    This is also adjustable

"You are not able to create your own chat channels"
    ???

"You can only link your hot keys with the action sets that are inplace instead of being able to assign any key to any spot. "
    That's the intention of the game, to only allow a specific number of abilities active in your build, I really like the idea

So much wrong information it hurts
    Last edited by Flowsion; 06-09-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast