0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    We won't know until the game is actually released. I'm sure the server hardware and software will both be optimized before the game comes out. Currently I get about 250ms but am expecting 190-180 once released.

The lag compensation is surprisingly well done. The devs have mentioned that they're spending a lot of time on it and are even capping their connections to 200+ms when testing. I've noticed considerably less issues when it comes line of sight in both PvE and PvP, which was something I always had problems with in MMOs.

Carbine have also mentioned the possibility of Oceanic servers, however not in the initial release stages of the game. Hopefully they can bring in enough money to set something up here!

What about Blizzard? They did a pretty good job when it came to killing WoW
    Actually, the servers are hosted in US, they said they will get more servers in EU too.

About WoW-killing ? I dont recon they ever said they want to kill wow and there is no need to. Blizzard is doing it pretty well with all the cash shops and said they want to kill WoW with Titan.

I am playing Wildstar for a very long time. My experiences ? No lags, I can even run it without lags or stutters on notebook. Their graphics and UI is very nice, I Love the mounts. When I first went to Battleground I enjoyed it a lot. Quests are not so linear, yea sometimes its kill x things but not much of those. The path system is very good, I have a settler and like it.

The movement is fluid, the sprint system is something new and fun.
    Dont ever listen to trolls who say the game is bad or something like that. You have to try it yourself.

But is the game worth it ? Yes it is, its something new and not like boring wow but probably wont buy it for 2 reasons:
    - I am college student of IT and I have no time (when I sleep, it is my vacation) + job
    - I am playing WoW from patch 1.6 and I am so addicted to it that I cannot stop even I bitch about Blizzards shitty moves with Cash shops,etc. IT is still my number 1 game, fantasy, books, everything about Warcraft world.

Maybe I will but I recommend you try it and then make a decision.

Remember, it is still beta. Til release they will fix a lot of things, optimization is the last thing of making process.
    Last edited by Nifelvind; 03-11-2014 at 03:49 AM.

WildStar... Is it worth it? Come Discuss
    Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you guys played through dungeons? I really can't recall last time I had that much fun in a game
    Though the questing is crap ^^

Nifelvind's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed mate. Dungeons are super fun

Marvelous's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    done with the beta weekend.
    yeah movement is utter crap

seantree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Movement is crap? Must have played an entirely different game. Oh well, can't please them all. I have a lvl 50 Engineer and the game plays exactly as I expected it to and then some.Anyway, sorry some of you guys didn't enjoy it. I am now going to lay in bed and fight the withdrawal symptoms. I haven't had to go this long w/o WS in months.....ugh.

eKqN's Avatar Contributor MMOwned Veteran CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    13/41
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wildstar is the Next WoW, I'm pretty sure.

Everybody said that for a lot of MMOs, and I never believed it. But this time, I think we found it.
    Hackhac, contributor && donator.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackhac View Post
    Wildstar is the Next WoW, I'm pretty sure.

Everybody said that for a lot of MMOs, and I never believed it. But this time, I think we found it.
    wildstar is not even close to what the next WoW will or should be, sorry but this will not happen.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    wildstar is not even close to what the next WoW will or should be, sorry but this will not happen.
    Possibly a bit harsh :P

From what ive seen of some of the dungeons / raids i think i would enjoy them but im really unsure about the rest of the game and especially the movement control's as ive been unable to play it myself so far

Probably wont buy it untill it appears its going to survive well, and with a sub based system i think it has the potential to but will have to wait and see :O

seafirex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me : Movement are fluid they are just like in WoW, dungeon's are fun like hell.

Regarding the lag spikes some have it is because you are creating your character on most populated realms. Also everyone get on nexus instead of trying another server so basically yes you will lag specially with the fact they limited the bandwith with there close beta and open beta weekend. It is not release yet so they will not open the bandwith to full. And they did mention to create your character on other realm then nexus because it is the main one used even by the close beta testers. So if you create you character on nexus then it is your fault for the lag.

The only down part of this game is all the skill aoe. Because of this it will be hard to have competitive pvp because basically yo ujust spam stuff on your enemy and if you have healers with you they just spam heals skills around you and can keep you up the full time even against 3 or 4 players so arena will be crap.

The Esper you have skills you can choose to be mobile but people tend to use the other one's so they basically tend to stay in place when casting because of this.

I could go on and on but in general the game will be very fun not like the other second job mmorpg that are now coming out or already out.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wildstar is definately the "next" MMO.

The physics like movement and combat feels very fluid, just like in WoW. I can't believe it took this long for a new MMO that has the same fluidness as WoW, makes me think that most devs are a bunch of idiots for prioritizing things such as graphics etc instead of having a fluid game.

The graphics have the same cartoony look as WoW, I guess you either love or hate, personally I really like it.

I think the all the phuns and humour are very similar to the game Ratchet and Clank which I really enjoyed many years ago.

People also seem to look a lot at just the leveling etc. Everyone knows that a MMO begins at the max level, theres no way around it. The raids look really great based on the videos I have seen. 40 man is also something I welcome back You may argue that it takes away a little of the skill requirement when you have 40 people, but it really brings back the MMO in MMORPG back, one thing I miss was the community feeling WoW had during vanilla, I guess you can't replicate that but 40 man is a step in the right direction.

One thing I don't like however is the 1 weapon type limit to each class. Hopefully they add more later.

peterfried's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played on the beta weekend. This game is the first mmo so similar in smoothness and movement to WoW. I really liked this part.
    The game needs optimization which hasn't happened yet, and it performs poorly in strong machines, but I hope this will be addressed before release.

I didn't hit max level, but I got to play the first adventure - it's like open world quests fighting mobs and bosses 5man. As a tank, I can say the game doesn't forgive a single mistake neither to yourself, nor to your teammates. The world is well designed with this unique LoL-like art style and has some awesome nautural landscapes along with futuristic ones.

Questing is crap crap crap, same old shit, skipped all the text and cutscenes too. Really dissapointed on that, but questing isn't why we play MMOs right? It could just be a bit better though. anyway

I'm buying this

CharleyWex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys realize the reason the fluidity is the same as WoW is because 17 of the devs, including lead designer Beardslee designed vanilla wow, BC, and early lich king. Of course its going to be great. What were the best eras of wow? vanilla and BC. Also the reason we are getting 20 man and 40 mans, just like vanilla.

So for those of you saying the movement is different from WoW, well you're just plain wrong. Its identical, aside from the aspect of an optional sprint and double jump.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CharleyWex View Post
    You guys realize the reason the fluidity is the same as WoW is because 17 of the devs, including lead designer Beardslee designed vanilla wow, BC, and early lich king. Of course its going to be great. What were the best eras of wow? vanilla and BC. Also the reason we are getting 20 man and 40 mans, just like vanilla.

So for those of you saying the movement is different from WoW, well you're just plain wrong. Its identical, aside from the aspect of an optional sprint and double jump.
    It's also different in that you "slide" a bit more in Wildstar.

Snackbar's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanilla was NOT the best era of WoW, please if you never played it don't say it. Only great aspect of it was the community and grouping. The raids were broken, classes underpowered, PvP unbalanced and content was lacking. Then TBC came along and fixed many issues however PvP for certain classes (arenas) was still non existent. WoW prime was and will be Wotlk up to Ulduar (although HC ICC 25 was great for the first 6 months).

Originally Posted by Disphotic View Post
    It's also different in that you "slide" a bit more in Wildstar.
    What is this sliding your are talking about?
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

DiabloFan's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iCFX View Post
    What is this sliding your are talking about?
    Wildstar has movement physics (is that the right term?). If you sprint while on a slope for example, and then stop, your character's momentum will make them "slide" a little, even though you're not pressing any movement keys.

It's more noticeable in certain environments, e.g. while moving up/down slopes or when you have movement speed buffs.

Last time I checked, WoW doesn't have any sort of momentum mechanic when moving, or different movement speeds on different environments.

You can barely notice the sliding when you don't stop while running down the slope, but the sliding is very noticeable when taking short steps.
    Last edited by DiabloFan; 04-20-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast