0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by montgola View Post
    We left out a key patch note the other day:

We’ve added additional logging and hack/bot detection into WildStar

The first round of mass bannings for hacking/botting will happen tonight. Thousands of accounts will be banned based on log crawls and cheat detection. We’ve already banned numerous accounts over the last weeks based on player reports and GM investigations.

Thousands of other accounts are on a watch list – we’re actually pretty sure they’ve been hacking/botting. In the interest in limiting banning potential innocents, we will be looking at past logs and monitoring future behavior to see if it’s repeated and ban accordingly.

Now, what will happen over the next few days:
    Some folks will post over the next few days saying they were inappropriately banned. They’ll fall into three categories:
    Many were actually hacking, and will stay banned.
    Some won't know they were hacking but their accounts were compromised and have been used for gold farming. We will resolve these issues on a case by case basis. PLEASE consider enable two-factor authentication, this is way more common than you’d think. https://forums.wilds...g-your-account/.
    It's possible some weren’t hacking and were caught in the sweep by accident. We’ll work to resolve those cases if they happen. Based on the reports, this shouldn’t be a category – but errors can happen, and in the interest of transparency, if it happens we’ll investigate and use that to refine our searches further.
    We’ll also be further scrubbing the logs to get the next batch of folks. And the next.
    We’re also in the process of adding further click-and-report functionality to make it easier to report folks, and we’re working to automate as much of this as possible. There is no exact ETA on this, but it’s in the hopper.

After we ban the first batch, more will come back and their scripts and such will improve. Our logging will improve, and report tools will improve, and we’ll keep fighting this fight.

(An aside, from a place of honesty here - I sincerely don’t understand the player that tries to level up by AFK botting - they make instanced Battlegrounds less fun, and we’re going to ban healthy percentages of them. This wastes money and time (both ours and theirs). And pisses you, the honest player, off. Lose-lose-lose. That being said, I don’t gotta understand the reasons behind such actions – they’re still going to get banned, we’re going to focus heavily on those going forwards.)

(Gold farmers I hate too, but at least I can understand the reasons behind their actions. They’re trying to make money by spamming, ripping off accounts, and gold, and wasting our support/dev time, which is unethical and borderline evil but at least rational. I really suggest not buying gold from them if you actually care about such things).

In any case, we devs have been playing a lot of WildStar too, and have been annoyed as well by farmbots starting to appear at mining nodes, and by folks mucking up battleground games by AFKbotting. Both suck, and while there will be many stages to the war against these kinds of folks, it’s a battle that has to be fought even if it’s a distraction from what we’d rather be doing - adding content, fixing bugs, and making the game better. We'll keep doing that as well despite the distraction.

Anyhoo, this is the first wave of what I’m sure will be an ongoing battle. I don’t guarantee perfection, but I do guarantee we’ll do our part in the fight. As for what you can do: if you keep reporting we’ll keep banning.

Thanks -
    Just finished mining a few nodes, came to a crafting station and saw the yellow "you are banned" text across the screen. Oh well....

[BETA] Nova - nextGen Multihack
    1mdc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got banned. Proof: https://i.imgur.com/4jlG6fs.png

number2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good while it lasted I prob would hide most of use right now until the banwaves goes away might take a while!

montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I just got disconnected and then it says your account has been suspended. Was fun while it lasted!

Tweeqit2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banned.. Action: Account Closure.

Just started using it today for about an hour, minor speed hack with not much teleport use.

MDesert's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was good while it lasted, thanks Master!

Time to move on for me.

chad0ck's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banned aswell.

blackhype's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i'm trying to figure out is, why spend so much time developing a hack that will be detected in less than a month, unless you plan on creating a private version that is undetected

montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most developers dont put in cheat detection like these guys did. Why question his hard work?
    Originally Posted by blackhype View Post
    What i'm trying to figure out is, why spend so much time developing a hack that will be detected in less than a month, unless you plan on creating a private version that is undetected

Blayk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not banned, hoping it lasts. I really only used it for infinite dash and the VERY occasional click to port when I could see where I wanted to be but it was all the way across the map. No PvP, no porting in instances. I didn't overuse my infinite dash, just an extra couple when I needed it during a boss fight.

Xposed's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, account still active and I used both Nova and StarSpot. I didn't teleport, just bumped speed up to ~sprint speed and used infinite dash, as well as megatracker.

I have used Nova since the latest patch, but not teleport or speed - just infinite dash. StarSpot I was running all day/night, but nothing yet.

I'll post if I do get banned though. Well, there goes the neighbourhood.

Flubleah's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    banned - teleported everywhere, pretty much used everything DNGAF. Thanks for the good run Master, gonna move to other things, maybe read a book or something, I heard doing that is good for you or some shit.

Thanks again man.

Toldorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any so, the cat and mouse game begins for real.....

visitor77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banned too, I used pretty much everything

anyway this game is so grinding and I did not renew

Thank you again Master

Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there is still no client side anticheat so I can't know what they're detecting
    If you're careful with hacking you probably won't get banned. Like super careful (no teleports!)

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 474849505152535455 ... LastLast