Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx 4 chest nr 11 :-) this is so awesome i stuck @ lvl 46 cause i need/want more money ^^ and iam scared that the fix the amount of chests
    since yesterday i made ~ 800k
    Last edited by Wurmi86; 01-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Corellia Chest Farm Run Version 3 --- 9 Chests Total
    everix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's just a little math on the potential credits:

On average, a run through of all 11 chests from start to finish back to the start takes 8 minutes on my lvl 50 Jedi Shadow with 110% mount. This means you can theoretically fit 15 runs into the span of two hours. For reality however, we will go with the number 14 to account for bathroom breaks, fighting mobs, etc.
    On average the chests seem to range from dropping 2500 credits to 4000 credits. This averages out at about 3250 credits per box.

Therefore: 14 * (3250 * 11) = 500,500 credits just from looting credits.

On average, I get about 7-8 greens from chests per run through.

14 * 8 = 112 green items

The green items seem to vendor for around an average of 1050 credits apiece.

112 * 1050 = 117,600 credits

500,500 credits + 117,600 credits = 618,100 credits.

So assuming that you go at it for two hours and lose a little time here and there from fighting or afk'ing, you should theoretically be able to make ~600,000 credits in the span of two hours after vendoring all the greens.

Edit: On a different note, I discovered that for me (Jedi Shadow - Republic) it was actually faster to retrace the route I take rather than do a full loop. My path now has me starting at box #8 and finishing at box #7 then turning around and following that path back.
    Last edited by everix; 01-26-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Isi's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed a great route to take during off times or if you just want some quick (relative to effort) credits. Also nice way to get some stims and lots of medpacks if you tend to buy them. Think on average per loop will finish with 10+ medpacks and couple stim packs.

I do enjoy also at the first couple chests to the NW of the Imperial camp of killing fellow Imperials who are spawn camping the boxes. You know the little level 11s sitting there :P Grab a couple of droid npcs that are close by and let their AoE hit you and thus them. Cruel? Sure, but don't be bringing low levels like that to a high level planet. Bioware in the past has shown distaste for this behavior, doing so more and more will only bring attention to these areas. Nothing really wrong with level appropriate characters traveling around getting them, lowbie however camping it could lead to changing or reduction of some locations.

cakecakecake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good find, never noticed the extra few chests dotted about despite searching.
    Nice how corellia chest farming has gone from 'make 40k an hour' to 'make over 40k every 7 minutes' :P

Be interesting to see if BW do anything to change this as its not really going to break the economy because you arent flooding the market with high end item/loot its just a way to make easy credits if you dont mind doing the same shit over and over.

yotan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
    Good find, never noticed the extra few chests dotted about despite searching.
    Nice how corellia chest farming has gone from 'make 40k an hour' to 'make over 40k every 7 minutes' :P

Be interesting to see if BW do anything to change this as its not really going to break the economy because you arent flooding the market with high end item/loot its just a way to make easy credits if you dont mind doing the same shit over and over.
    I cant understand all the people bitching on the forums about this.

If I wana ride my speeder 3 long borring hours in a row to gain 1 mil then how is that bad?
    Also anybody bitching that professions should make more money are nuts I mean all you do is sit on your lazy ass while your companions go out on missions.

yotan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oke there is a patch on saturday all of the sudden???

Why do i have the feeling their fixing this chest farm route by making chest have a 1 hour spawn or something simular...

Phraun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yotan View Post
    oke there is a patch on saturday all of the sudden???

Why do i have the feeling their fixing this chest farm route by making chest have a 1 hour spawn or something simular...
    I doubt they're running an emergency patch for something they've essentially been ignoring, but yeah, who the hell decided Friday night was a good time to shut the servers down? Talk about horrible timing...

Snackbar's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better not fix this ... xD I need to leech more ... only made like 1mill so far .....
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

Caplet's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is still working as of Sunday

On my server there is a bot on chest 2, so a guildie figured this out to control the spawns.

Start at 2, hit 1, 3, 4, drop down to 6, do 7, cut across to 5, head back to 3 but pass it and do 10 and 11. At this point go back to 2. You will sit for anywhere from 5 - 20 seconds before the spawn. So it takes about 7 minutes to this run and you can control the spawns and make sure that bots are not getting the chests before you.

If there are no bots, you can do 8 and 9 before 10 and 11. Nets anywhere form 5300 to 5900 a minute

G0tMilk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way I found using 110% speed vehicle same as image shown but skipping chest #7

At chest #5 once that mob pack is killed they won't respawn until server restart, just bugged for some reason. Happened before and after the Saturday maintenance.

I avoid doing this route for more than an hour, then come back after doing dailies and do it again, don't want this to be fixed too quick now do we I'm surprised this isn't fixed already anyway even if it is a legitimate method.

Neoneas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, big thanks to cakecakecake, yotan and haxxarn for the guide. I created a video-guide with my route (slicing for some extra credits).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASoZGlt7y8

Cheers

Forgiven's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest we take this off the forums NOW. Word is spreading of it from that said video, so more and more people are going to find out about it, thus there will be more and more people farming and taking advantage of it, so as a whole it will become LESS PROFITABLE for us guys.

'Though I appreciate the effort, I don't like the fact that you took it from a website and put in on youtube and therefore made it public. I think everyone with a good understanding of how maps in this game are structured, would have found all of the chests themselves. Now, I will get farmed by people who did not even take the effort to go look behind the next obvious corner.

In conclusion, I'll have to find a new cash cow over the next couple of weeks unfortunately.'

Each day there are more and more botter's camping these chests, taking your credits, so the less people that know about it the better for you guys.
    Last edited by Forgiven; 01-31-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: More text

everix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    I suggest we take this off the forums NOW. Word is spreading of it from that said video, so more and more people are going to find out about it, thus there will be more and more people farming and taking advantage of it, so as a whole it will become LESS PROFITABLE for us guys.

'Though I appreciate the effort, I don't like the fact that you took it from a website and put in on youtube and therefore made it public. I think everyone with a good understanding of how maps in this game are structured, would have found all of the chests themselves. Now, I will get farmed by people who did not even take the effort to go look behind the next obvious corner.

In conclusion, I'll have to find a new cash cow over the next couple of weeks unfortunately.'

Each day there are more and more botter's camping these chests, taking your credits, so the less people that know about it the better for you guys.
    The solution for that would be to move it to Elite.

Forgiven's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by everix View Post
    The solution for that would be to move it to Elite.
    Which of course no one will do

G0tMilk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go google swtor chest farming, ownedcore is right up there with a couple of other sites where this has also been reposted with videos.

On my server it's getting rather annoying coming across more and more people everyday doing it. But I persist and manage to interupt their loop so they give up and leave, I'll always be the last one standing no matter what. Even with the level 12 bots they soon scarper soon as you whisper them.

Edit: My point proven, was posted on reddit, enjoy it while it lasts.
    Last edited by G0tMilk; 01-31-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast