0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoth Credit Farming - Forced Respawn Security Chest (Empire) - 50k hr+

Hi, been looking for a way to pay back for the heads up on the Corellian Chests, and might have found one.

On Hoth, there is an Imperial mission called "The Killing Blow" from Commander Tritan
    The Killing Blow

This starts right as the first mission on Hoth with:
    The Last Warm Breath

This will lead you to Commander Tritan who gives you a new chain.
    The mission is the 3rd mission in a chain, and a follow on from a choice of two missions depending on light or dark choices:
    1: Tactical Reprisals
    2A: Forcing Thier Hand - Retrieval
    OR
    2B: Forcing Thier Hand - Destruction
    3: The Killing Blow

This mission is located here:

Hoth Credit Farming - Forced Respawn Security Chest (Empire) - 50k hr+-hothcredit3-jpg

Inside are a fair few Talz NPC's all hostile (level 37-41), and you have to disarm various bombs in the area as the first few objectives.

Next to the 2nd bomb in the North of the room, there is a storage container, and behind this is a Security Chest:

Hoth Credit Farming - Forced Respawn Security Chest (Empire) - 50k hr+-hothcredit-jpg

Hoth Credit Farming - Forced Respawn Security Chest (Empire) - 50k hr+-hothcredit2-jpg

The chest appears to contain around 2500-4800 credits, a medpac or two, and a level 35 item (I've had blues and greens so far, but would not surprise me if there is a chance of a purple).

Now, right now, your probably thinking, big deal, it's a chest, what's the respawn timer? Well it takes about 20 minutes, and that's not very efficient.

The trick to this, is the whole area is a mini instance, as in you pass through one of those green "doors" to enter the area. How does this benefit us? Well it's simple, run outside the area, bring up your quest log, and choose "reset". Your quest starts over and all mobs in the area respawn, as well as the chest...

So far I have looted and reset this about 15 times now, and the chest is always waiting for me when I get there. I am only the same level as the mobs, so killing through them takes me about 5 minutes. For doing a run through and vanish at the chest, 3 mins is easily doable) it would be faster if not for the CD), from looting chest > leave > reset > to next loot. That's 20 times an hour, and say we get the minimum amount from the chest each time 2500x20=50k an hour. (In reality I get 4k more than I get anything below 3.5k). This is also discounting any credits made from selling the items in the chest.

This isn't as efficient as it could be due to my level, but I would imagine a level 50 could get through to the chest very quickly (assuming they have not done the quest beforehand of course). And since we reset the quest and force respawn the chest, this can be done as fast as you are willing to work and so the returns could be much higher.

I would also be guessing that there are other quest area's similar to this one that contain security chests, that may be even closer to the entrance of an area. Also because the area's are the same every time, I'm sure this could certainly become a more automated procedure should someone be interested.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone and enjoy!
    Last edited by Eternality; 01-08-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Hoth Credit Farming - Forced Respawn Security Chest (Empire) - 50k hr+
    jimmythegreat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So being a level 50, I have probably already done this mission correct? Meaning I can no longer go into this cave, correct?

What NPC do i go to to get this mission if I have not done it already? Torhead does not specify.
    Last edited by jimmythegreat; 01-08-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Eternality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmythegreat View Post
    So being a level 50, I have probably already done this mission correct? Meaning I can no longer go into this cave, correct?

What NPC do i go to to get this mission if I have not done it already?
    I will edit the full mission chain into the post.

henrygale's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better if you use cheat engine to run back and forth through the instance... could macro this and do it rapidly.

You could also probably find the value of the credits in the chest before you open and see if you can alter them aswell.

Winsane's Avatar Contributor (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡ɹǝɥɔʇɐM
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    12 (42%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could allways skip the mobs using the method i posted here:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/star...asy-handy.html

It would probably speed things up for you Im too low lvl to test this atm, but i will when i can!

Someone with a teleport hack could probably loot this chest like once every 15 seconds with a bot, 500k+ credits per hour

Unlitmoon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Winsane View Post
    You could allways skip the mobs using the method i posted here:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/star...asy-handy.html

It would probably speed things up for you Im too low lvl to test this atm, but i will when i can!

Someone with a teleport hack could probably loot this chest like once every 15 seconds with a bot, 500k+ credits per hour
    *drool*
    Do teleport hacks even exist? I mean, I know people have found player current xyz memory values, so I supposed with CE they could just modify that to the xyz where they want there character to be? Though I imagine that would probly just crash the client instead of teleport u...
    Thanks and +rep to OP, gonna go back and see if I have already done that quest or not.
    And I imagine this would work in any instanced quest area with a chest inside.

Question: Since missions can be shared when in a party, could you theoretically have a mission you already completed shared to you, or would it say "This person has already completed that mission"?
    Last edited by Unlitmoon; 01-08-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Netzgeist's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for contributing at first,
    i tried that now and see two problems:

Being a lv35-40char (recommenced for that zone), you cannot effectively farm that chest. Even as a assa, around 5 strong guards will detect+aggro you on your way to the chest. looting a single rare guard is 300to500credits, so its basically like a slight better grindrun

Being a lv50 char, you will face the "you cannot reset your phase that early again" error-display. you will need to wait 5min per reset. so its 5min + 2min(walk in/out) = 3500credits. -> ~30k/h which is not more you get from grinding lv50mobs.
    regards,
    NG

Tabeas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unlitmoon View Post
    *drool*
    Do teleport hacks even exist? I mean, I know people have found player current xyz memory values, so I supposed with CE they could just modify that to the xyz where they want there character to be? Though I imagine that would probly just crash the client instead of teleport u...
    Thanks and +rep to OP, gonna go back and see if I have already done that quest or not.
    And I imagine this would work in any instanced quest area with a chest inside.

Question: Since missions can be shared when in a party, could you theoretically have a mission you already completed shared to you, or would it say "This person has already completed that mission"?
    You can edit your X,Y and Z values, however you can only move a certain distance, I think it is 20 yrds at a time, otherwise you just stay in the same spot.

rofle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember this is banable when you do it
    as Bioware is banning for farming/camping chest

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rofle View Post
    Remember this is banable when you do it
    as Bioware is banning for farming/camping chest
    i know i have asked this before, but aside from the 2 different FAKE ban claims can you please direct me to where some one has actually been banned let alone warned about chest farming?

back on topic thanks for the contribution OP +rep given actually have been looking for something like this for awhile now.

-DeMoN

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Unlitmoon; 01-11-2012 at 08:41 PM.

angrybum's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DeMoN View Post
    i know i have asked this before, but aside from the 2 different FAKE ban claims can you please direct me to where some one has actually been banned let alone warned about chest farming? back on topic thanks for the contribution OP +rep given actually have been looking for something like this for awhile now. -DeMoN
    considering ive seen the same 3 lvl 12's in ilum 24/7 no matter what hour i log on , i doubt they ban for chest looting

thatone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i have my disbelieves of the other chest being banned or even just nerfed for just farming. I could see this one being nerfed. Highly doubt they want people to be able to reset a chest like this D=
    The Original That One Guy

-Through victory, my chains are broken.
    50 - Immortal Juggernaut

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thatone View Post
    While i have my disbelieves of the other chest being banned or even just nerfed for just farming. I could see this one being nerfed. Highly doubt they want people to be able to reset a chest like this D=
    It's pretty much their own fault for putting a chest in an instance. At the same time, it's not really bottable (at least not at lvl 41, I'll be trying again at level 50).

I tried setting up a but that utilized CE to run past all the mobs but since CE causes anoying glitchyness every once and a while (and at completely different times) I couldn't get it to follow the exact same path.
    And going at normal speed, even when stealthed, aggros a bunch of guys. So basically you have to fight your way to it each time, or use CE manually.
    I don't think they plan ahead for people using CE to bypass mobs, so maybe them putting it there wasn't unintentional since you technically have to fight your way through 10-15 mobs each time to get to it.
    l