0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] SW:TOR Authenticator on PC

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/star...enticator.html Here's a easier guide by Xiandri

How to install and use authenticator on PC.

First download the SDk related to your OS from here: Android SDK | Android Developers

After that install the sdk if on windows else just extract the files. Developing 0n Linux would cost you less download as the download size of the files are really lower than on windows. After the installation/extraction, open Netbeans.

Now goto Tools > Plugins > Click on Settings tab and follow the below process as on image.

Just keep the name as anything, I kept as “Android” and on URL paste the following URL: http://kenai.com/downloads/nbandroid...er/updates.xml

Press Ok and you will have new plugins available to be downloaded. Just tick “Android” from “Available Plugins” tab and install. After that you are still not good to go. The feature for neatbeans has been added but still something is still missing. Not what you do is goto Tools > Options and move to Miscellaneous tab. You will find the following result:

Just browser the folder and set Ok where you have installed the SDK file that you have previously installed/extracted. Now you are finely good to go. You might have already notice that there is a sub-menu named Android SDK and AVD Manager under Tools menu. Click it. And install the files that have been listed on the image below.

Just install the version of OS of android you want

After the installation, just click on Virtual Devices. Fill up the form as I have done on image below:

and select the AVD and the click Start. Now the final result comes as the image below:

The emulator start quick but the OS on the emulator may start very slowly depending on you system. So you must have patience before you see the result.

Now we have to install the .apk

Download the SW:TOR Auth.apk HERE

Run the emulator and wait for the emulator to load its OS. Now the extra step is just to type a command:

Goto Run > type cmd.

Move to the directory where you have installed Android SDK tool. eg. cd “c:\program files\Android\android-sdk\”

Again move to the platform-tools directory that was just installed during the emulator installation.

You find a file named adb.exe, you need to install the application via this program.

Just type adb.exe install <your_path_to_apk_file>. Your Emulator must be running during this process.

Now view the Menu on the emulator. You will find your application on it.

Start the authenticator > Setup > And you're secured.

Enjoy!

Note: This is the only way atm, i'm pretty sure there will be an Authenticator for pc that you just can start and setup in the future.
    Last edited by Reffotsirk; 01-16-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Made it more clearer.

[Guide] SW:TOR Authenticator on PC
    Arakkoa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did start a little of reverse engineering on the Android's authenticator and found the function that does the calculating for the security key.

However, if you understand programming and take a look at what's behind the link, you'll see why I got a bit slowed down.

[Java] private b a(byte byte0, byte abyte0[], byte abyte1[], byte abyte2[], byte abyte - Pastebin.com

That badboy there is in fact the function that calculates the key. A bit of a pain in the ass to reverse.

Reffotsirk's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arakkoa View Post
    I did start a little of reverse engineering on the Android's authenticator and found the function that does the calculating for the security key.

However, if you understand programming and take a look at what's behind the link, you'll see why I got a bit slowed down.

[Java] private b a(byte byte0, byte abyte0[], byte abyte1[], byte abyte2[], byte abyte - Pastebin.com

That badboy there is in fact the function that calculates the key. A bit of a pain in the ass to reverse.
    I don't understand a word

Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you post in the correct section in the future.

Moved to SWTOR Guides.

Reffotsirk's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ground Zero View Post
    Make sure you post in the correct section in the future.

Moved to SWTOR Guides.
    You're the baws.

DeathComesForU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Reffotsirk View Post
    Enjoy!
    Rep?
    Don't ask for rep.
    Last edited by DeathComesForU; 01-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.

by iKawn

mip1771's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Reffotsirk

Thank you so much for this guide. +rep I got it to work on my windows 7. It takes a while to install but once everything is installed one can just find the shortcut to the AVD manager and start up the android program. It is not necessary to open netbeans first. Anyway it works like a charm. I have used the program without a hitch for the last 3 days. I am really glad this worked because now I can get the customization to the sith inquisitor companion Xalek. I don't like the hood he starts with.

All in all great work

dominick1233's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any complications to your account for using this? Im guessing not but just want to be sure

also, when I tried this, i didn't get half the options you have on your screens and also it is difficult to see your screens as they are too small, still kinda clueless after trying to follow your steps

Edit: while ****ing around while not knowing what I was doing I got it to work kind of.
    Last edited by dominick1233; 01-15-2012 at 02:43 AM.