Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what does him having reputation on a forum have to do with anything? Im just saying.. its going to be pointless to try and emulate this game.. there is such a huge amount of data.. the WHOLE ENTIRE game reacts to how YOU chose your answers to questions... how is that going to be emulated? And as for you? Who are you? I was not insulting him, if you pay attention to my post, were in there was i insulting him? Sure he has ALOT more emulator experience than i do.. Im trying to get my point across that this game is most likely never going to see an emulator beyond a sandbox..

but thanks for your input. And dont tell me to shut my mouth either, its a public forum.

EDIT: When an emulator does arise from the ashes of the internet, then by all means come back to this thread and flame the shit out of me, its the internet.. it hurts my e-feelings oh so much.

SW:TOR Emu Server Suggestion
    SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lxhackdxl View Post
    what does him having reputation on a forum have to do with anything?
    His point was: BoogieMan knows what he's talking about as he's very competent and experienced in emulation matters (and obviously much more).

Im just saying.. its going to be pointless to try and emulate this game.. there is such a huge amount of data.. the WHOLE ENTIRE game reacts to how YOU chose your answers to questions...
    Pointless? Everyone decides for him/herself if it's pointless or not.
    The game reacts on how I chose my answers? Guess what, if the client can observe it, it can be emulated.
    Obviously, and I think that's what you're really trying to say (although with a very poor choice of words): It's going to be alot of work. And I agree, in such a dynamic environment, emulating becomes much harder. It's however far from impossible. Play the game in several ways, capture the data, start building up the server behaviour. This won't happen in a day, and will most likely require alot of collaboration to get all the possible outcomes, but it's very possible.

how is that going to be emulated? And as for you? Who are you? I was not insulting him, if you pay attention to my post, were in there was i insulting him? Sure he has ALOT more emulator experience than i do.. Im trying to get my point across that this game is most likely never going to see an emulator beyond a sandbox..
    I just told you, didn't you listen?

but thanks for your input. And dont tell me to shut my mouth either, its a public forum.
    EDIT: When an emulator does arise from the ashes of the internet, then by all means come back to this thread and flame the shit out of me, its the internet.. it hurts my e-feelings oh so much.
    Good for you.

BoogieManTM's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if you had half a brain you would realize.. that the dialog.. is a major part of the game.. and if you actually payed attention to what the game does... it changes based on your actions... dialog changes.. based on your actions... did i say there wont be a server? no.. i said.. it will be a VERY long time.. if at all.. that there will be a functioning server and not just a sandbox version of the game... everything your cahracter does will be kept server side.. who in there right mind has enough space on a computer to hold that much information... it will be nearly impossible to recreate this aspect of the game.. wich.. is pretty much the whole game anyway.. so why bother?
    I didn't insult you, or anyone on this thread. I've questioned your logic and you obviously blew it way out of proportion. Every emulator on the planet does basically what you described. I know this because I've actually worked on them before. Do you have the same experience? Have you ever reversed a protocol? Have you ever designed server architecture? Do you know ANYTHING about databases? Cause it sure sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about. Leave this to the big boys, mmk?

Based on the latest news this past friday... this game is starting to look like "just another mmo".

will i play an EMUserver? Of course i will, if it ever happens.

a majority of mmo's have emu servers. the only game i can think of that has never had an emu is City of Heroes/Villians. And im starting to believe we most likely will never be able to see a SW:TOR emu
    Yeah, let's speculate without any technical backing just based on the trend of another shitty game nobody is interested in. That makes total sense.

lxhackdxl's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and see, you just go right ahead and critisize me for everything im saying, turning right around and insulting me about my lack of knowlege of emulation. Ok cool. This was not an arguement. Your "opinion" i responded to too begin with is COMPLETELY irrelivvant to what is going on now. so please continue. im done with this thread. because obviously everyone else knows more than everyone else on the internet right?

thanks though. but if you really did look at the game itself and think about how it could be done.. its not going to happen by the general public, just like yourself.

bye

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and see, you just go right ahead and critisize me for everything im saying, turning right around and insulting me about my lack of knowlege of emulation. Ok cool. This was not an arguement. Your "opinion" i responded to too begin with is COMPLETELY irrelivvant to what is going on now. so please continue. im done with this thread. because obviously everyone else knows more than everyone else on the internet right?

thanks though. but if you really did look at the game itself and think about how it could be done.. its not going to happen by the general public, just like yourself.

bye
    I still have not insulted you. Yes, I have criticized your opinion.. because I have seen technical evidence from various sources that claim the opposite. You insulted my intelligence in general and claimed I "don't even have half a brain" - Who is insulting who here?

You provide no technical proof that you have any clue what you're talking about. I've played in the beta, I've examined the network protocol and I've started reversing the client. I have written/worked on more than 2 MMO server emulators in the past and I have a LOT of experience in this matter. You're just spouting "opinions" which you may believe to be true, but if you have no experience in such matters why have an opinion at all?

TOR actually looks like it will be one of the easiest mmo's i've ever worked on to emulate, and I'll give some ACTUAL TECHNICAL EVIDENCE to back up my "opinion":

TOR uses instanced servers all over. That design allows for a very modular server architecture that can be easily split across multiple machines and different software daemons. Each zone can have numerous instances, and there are sub-zones (based on class & quests) that are also instanced. This allows for a much more light weight design that isn't intended to house 1000+ users all on the same sub-system. All of the dialog is client side (hence the 30GB+ client) so the server just needs to be aware of what to trigger, and what has been triggered, in order to convey the best/most accurate story line to the player. This is again not very difficult to achieve when you're allowed to use such a modular design for your emulator. It's also, as I said earlier, almost entirely database driven.

So if you want to actually back up your claim, I'd like to see some TECHNICAL (not THEORETICAL!) reasoning behind this making it impossible to emulate. Otherwise, I would suggest you stop making such claims.

aurico's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BoogieManTM View Post
    I still have not insulted you. Yes, I have criticized your opinion.. because I have seen technical evidence from various sources that claim the opposite. You insulted my intelligence in general and claimed I "don't even have half a brain" - Who is insulting who here?

You provide no technical proof that you have any clue what you're talking about. I've played in the beta, I've examined the network protocol and I've started reversing the client. I have written/worked on more than 2 MMO server emulators in the past and I have a LOT of experience in this matter. You're just spouting "opinions" which you may believe to be true, but if you have no experience in such matters why have an opinion at all?
    Originally Posted by BoogieManTM View Post

TOR actually looks like it will be one of the easiest mmo's i've ever worked on to emulate, and I'll give some ACTUAL TECHNICAL EVIDENCE to back up my "opinion":

TOR uses instanced servers all over. That design allows for a very modular server architecture that can be easily split across multiple machines and different software daemons. Each zone can have numerous instances, and there are sub-zones (based on class & quests) that are also instanced. This allows for a much more light weight design that isn't intended to house 1000+ users all on the same sub-system. All of the dialog is client side (hence the 30GB+ client) so the server just needs to be aware of what to trigger, and what has been triggered, in order to convey the best/most accurate story line to the player. This is again not very difficult to achieve when you're allowed to use such a modular design for your emulator. It's also, as I said earlier, almost entirely database driven.

So if you want to actually back up your claim, I'd like to see some TECHNICAL (not THEORETICAL!) reasoning behind this making it impossible to emulate. Otherwise, I would suggest you stop making such claims.
    [/SIZE]

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable and confident, Boogieman. With the beta client being available on TPB now, have you made any progress? (Or are you even working on it?) I've been trying to find if anyone has been successful at making, or even started trying to make, a sandbox or a private server emu and this site seems to be the most promising.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working on it, and have been for a few weeks. however, my time is incredibly limited - especially with Diablo 3 also on my plate (I am _NOT_ making an emulator for diablo 3 under any circumstances) - so my plate is rather full and progress is slower than I'd hope for. I am also working on this alone, where I usually have some help in some areas at least. That being said, I am a few packets into the authentication so that is some progress. I'm hard-coding as much as I can because it seems to be fairly static anyways and this is only intended to be a sandbox.

darkblood14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bye
    Sigh, I see your problem... you look at things too straight. If the thing is big in game, it must be big server side. Afaik the content is streamed so as long as you have a full client the thing won't be that complicated to do. Before you worry about that tho... worry about how we will authenticate and get in game.

Now, they were right about you going weapons hot against a dude who painted his opinion, more over if you don't have too much experience in this domain. Even if he was a total noob, you have no right to attack someone on a subject that YOU are not so solid in.

nitr0x11's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    11/11
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie, but i am the best at Emulation EU. None of you understand anything. I am god.

Evilphtbstrd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tomtom you know nothing "insert flame here " " insert feeling of power cos I can hide behind a pc "

And out

yamashi12's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got acces to the beta, you can expect a sandbox a few hours after I start playing, just like I did with RIFT.
    I will keep you guys updated.

ConspiracY90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything BoogieMan has posted has been logical, relevent and accurate to this topic. Still surprised to see no sandbox seeing as there's alot of people in here saying a couple of hours then 1 week later nothing.

yamashi12's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beta starts in 2 days smart tard.
    Unable to dump packets until I can actually connect.
    I have heard that the game uses TLS 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12