Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried it out now, the results are not stellar. This bot needs a lot of work, primarily in terms of UI and configurability, before it's really usable. First and foremost, I'd like to be able to steer independently from my mouse, fire missiles effectively, and record in windowed fullscreen (not to be confused with borderless windowed fullscreen). At the moment, the miniscule window the bot creates when activating makes it near-impossible to actually record a good encounter.

Originally Posted by xecutionr13ds View Post
    Steer with your mouse you do not need the normal keys.
    If you want to not die, you need both. Steering with the mouse alone guides your entire ship towards where your aim is, no matter what's there in terms of astroids, spaceships, etc. Extremely ineffective.
    Last edited by Rebelicious; 01-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.

[Beta] UntzBot (Space Missions Bot, recorder+player)
    xecutionr13ds's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rebelicious;2182231]Tried it out now, the results are not stellar. This bot needs a lot of work, primarily in terms of UI and configurability, before it's really usable.

If you want to not die, you need both. Steering with the mouse alone guides your entire ship towards where your aim is, no matter what's there in terms of astroids, spaceships, etc. Extremely ineffective.[/QUOTE

Make sure you have level 1 parts or greater so you can take some hits, all the parts cost about 500 creds a piece, and honestly if you did any type of
    pvp in any mmo as melee you learned to mouse turn, it is not a problem, it is definitely possible with the mouse u can do it I promise.

Snackbar's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rebelicious View Post

If you want to not die, you need both. Steering with the mouse alone guides your entire ship towards where your aim is, no matter what's there in terms of astroids, spaceships, etc. Extremely ineffective.
    That is 100% subjective. One can steer with the mouse and still complete the mission just fine. Personally I use mouse and Space and that's all
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

xysoulxy's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg... I found out why it was not working for me xD
    I have the german client and of course the bot can't find buttons like the "Accept"-Button.
    I tried it with my own screenshots and it works. Awesome work, but you should maybe write in your first post that an english client is required (even if it's quite obvious...)

djnemesis1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is the admin rights... First time I used the bot I got that error then I tryed with admin rights and works fine since then

Edit: I think I have a problem with it or something. When I open the mision select there's always only 3 of them. Is there anyway to add more?
    Last edited by djnemesis1; 01-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by djnemesis1 View Post
    I think the problem is the admin rights... First time I used the bot I got that error then I tryed with admin rights and works fine since then

Edit: I think I have a problem with it or something. When I open the mision select there's always only 3 of them. Is there anyway to add more?
    Even though there are scripts for the other missions, it seems as though he did not add them into the GUI of the bot, maybe he is still tweaking them?

djnemesis1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I mean is that you can't create your own minions too. On the "coordinates" files you can add your own and create the txt to record your own misions but after you can't select it with the bot...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by djnemesis1 View Post
    What I mean is that you can't create your own minions too. On the "coordinates" files you can add your own and create the txt to record your own misions but after you can't select it with the bot...
    I do have a couple of questions with anyone that has some knowledge with the coordinates. How can you find the coordinates of the mission locations on the galaxy map? Second, I changing the Javaal coordinates to the Jambimm coordinates but the both still tried to select the Jambim mission instead of the Javaal mission. Maybe I did something wrong, can anyone confirm or disprove this? What I did was went into the scrips then coordinates txt file and copy and pasted the Jambim coords where the Javaal coords were located. Then I started the bot up and selected the Javaal mission but it still for some reason went location of the Javaal mission instead of the Jambim mission.....I think this may have something to do with the bot wanting a certain bmp file, if anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it.

E88M's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works amazingly

May i ask if you could add more profiles for imperial?

I can make the profiles myself, but i would relly apriciate it if you create the part where the bot choses the mission, and start it

Ty regards E

Rebelicious's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iCFX View Post
    That is 100% subjective. One can steer with the mouse and still complete the mission just fine. Personally I use mouse and Space and that's all
    It is not subjective. While it is possible to complete a mission "steering" only with the mouse, it is still extremely ineffective. It is practically impossible to steer and aim at the same time.

There are points at which you will have to choose whether to avoid collisions or to take something down. Playing only with the mouse is therefore idiotic.

thephilz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rebelicious View Post
    Tried it out now, the results are not stellar. This bot needs a lot of work, primarily in terms of UI and configurability, before it's really usable. First and foremost, I'd like to be able to steer independently from my mouse, fire missiles effectively, and record in windowed fullscreen (not to be confused with borderless windowed fullscreen). At the moment, the miniscule window the bot creates when activating makes it near-impossible to actually record a good encounter.

You don't NEED to use wads, trust me. Otherwise my bot wouldn't be able to have kept running ascendancy all night with a 92% success rate
    I blame the other 8% on the lag given when copying files across the network, lagging my comp

Anyway the 3 missions are hardcoded in, I wouldn't bother trying to change them

Be only been at this for like 2 days and will continue to work. On it so just each for more updates I guess

thephilz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thephilz View Post
    You don't NEED to use wads, trust me. Otherwise my bot wouldn't be able to have kept running ascendancy all night with a 92% success rate
    I blame the other 8% on the lag given when copying files across the network, lagging my comp

Be only been at this for like 2 days and will continue to work. On it so just each for more updates I guess
    Oh please note that photon torpedoes are a piece of shit, but thankfully the bonus is a daily so you can just run it later properly or something ..

Rebelicious's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [...]

Well for what it's worth, just keep working on it. It looks to be a promising bot in due time.

Edit: By the way, what settings do you run it under? Maybe I get better mileage if I set mine to match.
    Last edited by Rebelicious; 01-27-2012 at 03:07 PM.

GaijinPunch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, I can start the bot, i can make it select the mission I want (Jabim) and then it just starts shootign and aiming at nothing. O.o; Is that a delay issue or?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity is there a way for us to get the bot to run the other scripts or do we need to just wait for a new update, with
    them incorporated into the GUI?