0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey everyone,

i am new at using memory addresses. i see here that they are *multilevel pointers* here but I am having a hard time following how these are formatted.

can someone plz explain the format used or explain the pionter address + offets for x/y/z coordinates?

i would much appreciate it.. just having a hard time with the way its being posted like "[[[swtor.exe+pointer +hex offset ] +hex offset]"

confusin a brotha.

-nevermind figured it out myself
    Last edited by zewt; 01-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.

[1.0.1] Memory addresses
    kamaro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool do you mind helping me I am new to memory as well but not programming I have been doing that for years. I have it reading something but it does not look like its the right data. I am currently using Black Magic as my memory read/write. Does that make the offsets different then the ones in the post?

saddened's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any insight into the player's resource system? I'm using a Trooper Commando for my initial testing. I can isolate four values that represent my ammo (all floats). Three of which are pretty much adjacent to one another, and one is a rounded/truncated float (presumably used in the interface since partial ammo would be weird). In any event, these values do not seem to be part of the structures discussed so far. By viewing memory around the ammo values I can see what appears to be a set of updated player coordinates and orientation. By monitoring the region of memory around the ammo values I also see a pile of values that are updated on cast (what looks like 2 values representing actions that are in queue - based on your preferences for queue length), the last spell cast, the current spell cast, and some other stuff I don't understand yet.

So the question is, has anyone found a reliable pointer chain to this structure? Is this pointed to in some way by the base player structure? Any more info on what the structure members are?

Thanks.

saddened's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if its helpful to anyone else, but here is one source of what I believe to be the current time in-game (in milliseconds). This can be compared to other values recorded to know the relative time difference (ie. difference between now and when the spell was last cast, etc). It's at [[[[memoryman.dll + 0x28F44] + 0x5A8] +8] + 0x204] + 0x18

There also seems to be a static location of 0x22F5490 (modified by mov [022F5490], eax) which is also stable unless swtor.exe changes. Note there is also high dword (presumably the high value of a 64bit timestamp) immediately following this that might be important if you're trying to derive a human readable timestamp.

zewt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay i think i am still reading these offsets wrong. can someone help me out with it?

here is my pointer i am using in CE. i think i have everything necessary but the confusing part i am having is what is "PB + 100" ... where does that go?

[1.0.1] Memory addresses-pointer-png

AureOc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB + 100 means Player Base pointer + another offset 100.

From bottom to top you should have
    Address of Pointer = "MemoryMan.dll" + 00027E8C & offset = 798
    offset = 504
    offset = 14
    offset = 8 (this is the player base address, which you can see at the top of luthien23's post.
    offset = 100

If that is unclear I can upload a picture later

zewt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AureOc View Post
    PB + 100 means Player Base pointer + another offset 100.

From bottom to top you should have
    Address of Pointer = "MemoryMan.dll" + 00027E8C & offset = 798
    offset = 504
    offset = 14
    offset = 8 (this is the player base address, which you can see at the top of luthien23's post.
    offset = 100

If that is unclear I can upload a picture later

Thanks for quick reply but i still must be doing something wrong. See pic.

[1.0.1] Memory addresses-pointer2-png

AureOc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks correct to me, what is your X coords in game?

Remember that this pointer holds your X coords / 10. So I am at X 461 but CE says 46.11471176

zewt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AureOc View Post
    That looks correct to me, what is your X coords in game?

Remember that this pointer holds your X coords / 10. So I am at X 461 but CE says 46.11471176
    Just realized that Thanks AureOc!

QKdefus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by saddened View Post
    I don't know if its helpful to anyone else, but here is one source of what I believe to be the current time in-game (in milliseconds). This can be compared to other values recorded to know the relative time difference (ie. difference between now and when the spell was last cast, etc). It's at [[[[memoryman.dll + 0x28F44] + 0x5A8] +8] + 0x204] + 0x18

There also seems to be a static location of 0x22F5490 (modified by mov [022F5490], eax) which is also stable unless swtor.exe changes. Note there is also high dword (presumably the high value of a 64bit timestamp) immediately following this that might be important if you're trying to derive a human readable timestamp.
    you sure this is correct? i wasnt able to get any value from it but found swtor.exe+EB7E3B to be related to AVFrameTimeStamp@VisibilityQuery@DPVS@

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

what the **** is with theese pointers i find, i can close the client.. restart the computer and the value is solid.. then suddently out of the blue it changes to being a useless value

Mystraht's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have problem to find X coord : See pic

[1.0.1] Memory addresses-problemx-jpg

thanks for help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [1.0.1] Memory addresses-problemx-jpg  

luthien23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see in the picture if you have MemoryMan.dll + 00027E8C
    Other than that it is right.
    I just checked it, and is working for me.

saddened's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by QKdefus View Post
    you sure this is correct? i wasnt able to get any value from it but found swtor.exe+EB7E3B to be related to AVFrameTimeStamp@VisibilityQuery@DPVS@

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

what the **** is with theese pointers i find, i can close the client.. restart the computer and the value is solid.. then suddently out of the blue it changes to being a useless value
    This pointer chain was reliable for a few restarts, then stopped working. My test conditions must have been too predictable during those sessions and the stability was just chance. The fixed offset from swtor.exe should be stable, though, at least until its changed by a recompile or something else.

I'm having a very hard time taking the blackbox approach to discovering reliable pointers to these values unfortunately. I may have to spend more time annotating my idb :-/

It's interesting to see where the timestamp is derived from, but I am fairly confident that I'm seeing timestamps with consistent values associated with other activities in the game (ability related).

Thanks

Mystraht's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by luthien23 View Post
    Can't see in the picture if you have MemoryMan.dll + 00027E8C
    Other than that it is right.
    I just checked it, and is working for me.

I tested several times and I can conclude and confirm that this works only on the English client... :/

dook123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mystraht View Post
    I tested several times and I can conclude and confirm that this works only on the English client... :/

Come to the dark side
    ------------------------------
    If not me than who?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast