285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by asdfx123 View Post
    so i have to find the same values but they are located somewhere else in memory?
    Basically. Think of it like this... you could be editing the coordinates that store the location of your player read by the lighting (or shadow) part of the engine. It uses this coordinate to determine where to place your shadow. You editing this value will only change the position of your shadow, but not your player. You need to find the set of coordinates that effect where your character is actually placed. This will likely be a similar value (but quite possibly not the same exact value) in a different memory location.

Memory addresses
    asdfx123's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Basically. Think of it like this... you could be editing the coordinates that store the location of your player read by the lighting (or shadow) part of the engine. It uses this coordinate to determine where to place your shadow. You editing this value will only change the position of your shadow, but not your player. You need to find the set of coordinates that effect where your character is actually placed. This will likely be a similar value (but quite possibly not the same exact value) in a different memory location.
    ah ok i understand thank you

Azmodeus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, the position that you have could be the location of your head, camera, etc.. and the position of the player might be based on where his feet are.. so it might be a little off but not by much. And the values might change a little as your player rocks around when idle, etc (if you say had the location of the players head). As you get familiar with cheat engine, and finding offsets, you will notice these little things, and you will start finding faster and faster.

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Azmodeus View Post
    Exactly, the position that you have could be the location of your head, camera, etc.. and the position of the player might be based on where his feet are.. so it might be a little off but not by much. And the values might change a little as your player rocks around when idle, etc (if you say had the location of the players head). As you get familiar with cheat engine, and finding offsets, you will notice these little things, and you will start finding faster and faster.
    Hehe thanks alot guys!

Wesk.'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im looking to find something to find what Map you are on anyone found anything?,
    Like MAPID or something, can't seem to find anything useful...

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm it seems that i am doing something wrong. The value of z-coordinate is for example 17.59328498342 something like that. So what i do is, i search value between 10.0 and 25.0. Then i move the hill up -> increased value, move down -> decreased and so on. After repeating it 10 times i have like 100 addresses left. I have tried to change all addresses, but none moves me up. Could you guys help me out? :P Would be awesome.

Wesk.'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by asdfx123 View Post
    hm it seems that i am doing something wrong. The value of z-coordinate is for example 17.59328498342 something like that. So what i do is, i search value between 10.0 and 25.0. Then i move the hill up -> increased value, move down -> decreased and so on. After repeating it 10 times i have like 100 addresses left. I have tried to change all addresses, but none moves me up. Could you guys help me out? :P Would be awesome.
    I just did this(don't do it in your ship it seems to me that the Map cord are strange there),
    I just took ex, X=4700 / 10 then searched between 468 - 472, then searched for exact, there are several of the same value but if you check after the decimal you can disern which one you should use.
    Always find X and then +4 = z, +8 = y to save yourself some work.

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wesk. View Post
    I just did this(don't do it in your ship it seems to me that the Map cord are strange there),
    I just took ex, X=4700 / 10 then searched between 468 - 472, then searched for exact, there are several of the same value but if you check after the decimal you can disern which one you should use.
    Always find X and then +4 = z, +8 = y to save yourself some work.
    Ok gonna try it with x in Belmorra. Hopefully it will work

[Edit] Well I have found about 35 addresses including the ones which always change (because char moves around a little bit) but none of these 35 adresses move my character, after i changed it. If you modify your address does your character move?
    Last edited by asdfx123; 12-27-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Azmodeus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an easier way to test...

In cheat engine, freeze all of the addresses that you find, and then move yoru char.. or if you are doing z, jump, etc.

If one of the addresses are the correct one, you char wont move, or will move slightly and then jump back to where the offset is froze too.

I hope that helps.

Thanks G/R
    39/36
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In cheat engine, freeze all of the addresses that you find, and then move yoru char.. or if you are doing z, jump, etc.

If one of the addresses are the correct one, you char wont move, or will move slightly and then jump back to where the offset is froze too.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks for your help!

sh00k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought id learn so much clicking on a random thread...

gameroz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks Azmodeus id rep you if i can. Dont know why other members havent. You have totally helped me out.

Seifer's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that helps.
    Good to see people are sharing their methods. Took you out of negative rep.

Azmodeus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Seifer, yes I find that the easiest way to find the "teleport" locs.

jacrazy's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question... Im a newbie to this stuff but I found player coordinates, health value easily, how exactly do you find mob coordinates and stuff liek IsAggro? any tips would be great! (Beyond "scan for them" pleae )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast