Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had a banwave.

Here is the email what all users got:

Thank you contacting us regarding the status of your RIFT account.

We sincerely regret to inform you that due to the use of third-party programs that automate gameplay, your account has been permanently closed. We have conducted an extensive audit in arriving at this conclusion, and we do not take these types of actions lightly.

We do wish you the best in your gaming endeavors in the future.

If there is a point where you decide to play a Trion game on a new account in the future, please don't run bot software.

And here is the offical thread about this: [OFFICIAL] Banwave June 16 2011 Thread

Ryftomate - RIFT Bot
    bonehand's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd estimate ~500 as a minimum on this "banwave" from the downloads, but definately could be more....but I wonder, did it only hit ryftomate? Did it hit any other bots? One guy says he last botted the 10th and got banned, some said accounts that didn't bot, but ran on same pc while they botted a different account got bans too. Doesn't seem to be detecting injection if the last case is true...must be process or memory scan? Sorry guys for your losses, but you can all come back to WoW now.

wilsonj17's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well people might already know, but the Buddy team released a amazing bot for Rift but it has had a massive banwave in progress at this time, i have been hit but yet to recieve the confirmation email from Trion, Myself i think Trion is working alot like Blizzard in how they bann Botter's, The last time i botted was the end of last week and it seem's the bot was detected a week back but Trion was holding back to hit as many people at once which blizzard are known for.

At the moment the dev's dont know how they were detected which makes me think is there really a tripwire and why didnt it kill the auth server when there code got detected?? also why did they have a tripwire to protect us if Trion never had any detection?? (well it seem's they have protection against botter's as of now)

All in all i think it's going to hit the buddy team's Rift project preaty hard in the cash flow area since the bot has only been out for a few week's and already been detected which will put alot of customer's off with buying it, We all know Botting is against the TOC and we can get banned for it and i wish to thank the team for a amazing bot while my account lasted but i was'nt going to extend my sub since i got bored of the game preaty fast so no hard feeling's on my end

I just cant get over how Kynox, Nesox, Apoc, Hawker and MaIn got out-smarted by Trion, i think the old Blizzard's warden guy is coming back for revenge guy's

Trion banning so early when there user-base is just starting to get bigger is not a amazing move since there is no real money making from botting on the game and there sub's are going to drop since i cant imagine all the botter's will re-buy the game since there game is still new and it's really easy to get bored quickly, myslef i bought the game to test and when i got bored (i got bored at level 14) i tryed the new buddy bot to test and was really happy.

I now hope the dev's dont completly focus on finding the reason why they got banned and forget to update HB from now on.......

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you are new in this game arent you? wilson17? when you cheat you will get caught eventually.. shit happens and thats how it is.. It is the tale of the cat and the mouse - sometimes the mouse is caught... this is one time..

wilsonj17's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    you are new in this game arent you? wilson17? when you cheat you will get caught eventually.. shit happens and thats how it is.. It is the tale of the cat and the mouse - sometimes the mouse is caught... this is one time..
    Yess i am new to the game, it only 3 month's old so alot of people are "New", yess i know what happen's and the cat and mouse game everyone play's when botting, im not new atall to botting, i was around when GB was first released and way before that and i know the routine out what happen's when you get banned, im not raging one bit atall at the dev's, they made a great program in a short period of time but got caught with there pant's by there ankles, the same as the GB bannwave.

Kurious im also supprised you have not posted a sticky on the Home page about the bannwave in progess since you did about the GB bannwave?? what's changed now?

desertracer225's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was one of the unfortunate ones and was on he 1 day trial and was hit with the ban, i used it on my 3 accounts but only one was banned, just so happened to be the one that the characters leveled up on. Not sure if that makes a diffrence. Maybe leveling up triggers something to look for code or whatever. Looked into other bots and NONE are even half as good as this one. Im really hoping they get it fixed to be undetectable. because it was amazing

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs guys, noone got outsmarted. It's absolutely impossible to stay undetected with a bot. Blizzard tolerates bots as long as other players don't notice and you're not selling gold, Trion doesn't. Simple as that. Imho they can do a 100 updates now with tripwires and whatnot, there just won't be any botting on a wide base in Rift. Alternative: Write your own bot, farm like crazy, sell plat, profit!

You'd have to be severely ignorant to think a bot could be "undetectable". Guys, we are playing on THEIR servers, ever heard of server side checks, a 5 year old kid can spot a botter, how could you believe a smartly written program can't? Play wow if you wanna bot lol.

DaSoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for a new release and directly start botting again, i don't care about Trion. I need plat so i need to bot. =))

The buddyteam now knows that a detection method exists and they will find a way...perhaps it takes some time but they will..i'm pretty sure.

rullare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't use it when i try i get banned...

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DaSoul View Post
    I'm waiting for a new release and directly start botting again, i don't care about Trion. I need plat so i need to bot. =))

The buddyteam now knows that a detection method exists and they will find a way...perhaps it takes some time but they will..i'm pretty sure.
    3 patches in 3 days but all looks good at our end. Testing now and if its good we should have a release tomorrow.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wilsonj17 View Post
    Yess i am new to the game, it only 3 month's old so alot of people are "New", yess i know what happen's and the cat and mouse game everyone play's when botting, im not new atall to botting, i was around when GB was first released and way before that and i know the routine out what happen's when you get banned, im not raging one bit atall at the dev's, they made a great program in a short period of time but got caught with there pant's by there ankles, the same as the GB bannwave.

Kurious im also supprised you have not posted a sticky on the Home page about the bannwave in progess since you did about the GB bannwave?? what's changed now?
    Nothing is changed except I havent been around for when the banwave hit.. Also being around from start of GB makes u a new botter in my eyes
    Also the GB banwave was not intended from Blizz, they went after a LUA-protection-remover and got lucky. That might also be why so many bans from gb got overturned, that is just speculation tho.

Valois's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the Rift devs are winning the competition.

icyewolf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup Trion beat the hell out of bot and hack devs... long live Trion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dronf's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryftomate got hit with another ban wave.

haisenberg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big surprise.... they have been warned within their own forum.. do not get me wrong, I do not want to be rude... but in respect to the so-called measures which have been taken, I just can comment: it is no protection to hide behind a piece of paper against a 9mm bullet. Furthermore isn't it true, that memroy writing offers good options to have a bot easily running... likewise a small writing or injections mistake is like running around and cry "ban me"!?!?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast