Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HH] buggy HH runs make it easy to get lowbies in.

Not sure if this is happening on all servers, but about 80-90% of the time when doing a Headless Horseman run, anywhere between 1 person(tank usually, because they click the pumpkin) or the whole group will have a client crash / Disconnect happen to them. It makes running HH not fun really . Well anyway this usually ends up in at least one person dropping group. So, if you are the first one back in after everyone DCing, you will most likely get dungeon guide and be able to invite your friend, then votekick the others that stay DCed. I found this very helpful in getting my lowbie friend into the run(lvl 74 so can't queue for it). One time I had every person in the group leave but one, so I invited my friend, dropped group, got on my lvl 72 and got invited. Then just kick the DCed people and re-enter queue (yes it lets you even if you are BOTH under the level requirement, as long as you are already inside and "in progress"). You won't get your loot pumpkin, but you can at least need on some rings for when you hit 80. Also this makes it fairly easy to get the achievement on a lowbie alt.
    Last edited by s_e_a_n_66; 10-20-2010 at 09:15 PM.

[HH] buggy HH runs make it easy to get lowbies in.
    superchrist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much experience did your friend gain at 74? Would be nice to use these DC's for something good for a change.

s_e_a_n_66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even sure if it gave us XP, I didn't notice any gain at lvl 72.

Runicmajier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i know a level 77 gets at least 500xp for the squashlings but remember they don't get a pumpkin to open because they did not get the random que.

Yemmiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't do it if there was no exceptional exp or a loot-filled pumpkin for the lower level, seems kinda useless then .
    'I don't HAVE to win, I just CAN'T lose.'

Runicmajier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes down to it you would have to take out the adds it seems to get any XP was told that the HH does not give any but the squashlings did, and it varys on the level of the lowbie to what they will get since they scaled xp with who else is in your group. With everyone wanting to just kill the HH to get there bag there is no point in bringing in a lowbie unless you wanted to farm the rings for them when they hit 80. With what I found out with the SS only giving 500XP for a level 77 and at this point he gives out 5-6 SS that is 2500-3000 xp for the lowbie at level 77. This seems like a trivial attempt for XP runs. and a waste of time. HOWEVER! You do not get the Deserter debuff from this event. so if you wanted to try the druid flight in Azeroth this would be the best bet if you wanted to get out of it without a dungeon deserter like the RDF heroic one does. I could be wrong but didn't see the point to doing this for the XP.

s_e_a_n_66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point of this is mostly just to get the achievement on a lower level toon. Its really not worth running for XP or loot.