196/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    The limited user method is only helpful for preventing Path of Exile from reaching outside of its own files. Since the GGPK poesmoother edits is within its files, it provides no safety benefits for this. The GGPK gets loaded into the game, which means the game has full access to asses its contents if it wants to. I would be surprised if they did, but it is absolutely possible.
    Got it, but since it's the only thing with hackmap now, I guess I'll have to take that risk anw.

[Discussion] Bans and what we know
    vmv's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    102/1047
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by camapxam View Post
    Got it, but since it's the only thing with hackmap now, I guess I'll have to take that risk anw.
    Don't call it a hackmap,.. it's just a nice QoL to have, that's all.
    GGG will comply with our needs in the long run.. Just wait.
    "Education isn't something you can finish." Isaac Asimov

3. Thanks camapxam (1 members gave Thanks to vmv for this useful post)
    Dinozavr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..... The GGPK gets loaded into the game, which means the game has full access to asses its contents if it wants to. I would be surprised if they did, but it is absolutely possible.
    ggg has been checking its database for integrity for a long time and also checks some keys in it by regenerating hashes on critical areas in real time.
    Last edited by Sychotix; 12-03-2023 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Removed childish drama

camapxam's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    196/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vmv View Post
    Don't call it a hackmap,.. it's just a nice QoL to have, that's all.
    GGG will comply with our needs in the long run.. Just wait.
    yeah, the best QoL tbh, i think as long as we not rmt-ing, it's so much safer.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A user posted decent information in another thread that I've asked them to move here... but for now I'll just link it.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post4443285 (Investigating creating an MTX Swapper Program)

I can't vouch for the validity of GGPK edits causing bans, but they absolutely could ban for these if they started. I may add the question of using GGPK edits to the first post so we all can collect data on if that is triggering it.

I have never used these editors and have yet to get a ban. That said, I only used ASH early league and most bans seemed to happen significantly after I quit this league.

Thanks G/R
    196/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A user posted decent information in another thread that I've asked them to move here... but for now I'll just link it.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ml#post4443285 (Investigating creating an MTX Swapper Program)

I can't vouch for the validity of GGPK edits causing bans, but they absolutely could ban for these if they started. I may add the question of using GGPK edits to the first post so we all can collect data on if that is triggering it.

I have never used these editors and have yet to get a ban. That said, I only used ASH early league and most bans seemed to happen significantly after I quit this league.
    thing is, do you rmt, or just play the game with those QoL?
    Last edited by camapxam; 12-03-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by camapxam View Post
    thing is, do you rmt, or just play the game with those QoL?
    No, I do not do any RMT. I only use HUD and HUD plugins. Some are occasionally bot-like... like I wrote a private currency flipper forever ago (its not working anymore, don't bother asking) but mostly just QoL.

Thanks G/R
    196/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I do not do any RMT. I only use HUD and HUD plugins. Some are occasionally bot-like... like I wrote a private currency flipper forever ago (its not working anymore, don't bother asking) but mostly just QoL.
    see, as long as you don't rmt, you'll probably be fine.

MashaPetrova's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why did you create this thread and try to find out something from users and collect statistics that can be used against them. This post only spoils the situation with bans and does nothing to help the community.

Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MashaPetrova View Post
    why did you create this thread and try to find out something from users and collect statistics that can be used against them. This post only spoils the situation with bans and does nothing to help the community.
    Do you really think GGG isn't aware of people using public programs here, bots, proxies, drivers, or that people RMT? I can guarantee you that nothing in this thread will be new information for GGG and posts here are from users who have already been banned. If users are frequently posting that they received a ban and are using tools like ASH, the community can make assumptions based on that information and it warns others to avoid those tools. Nobody has posted any information that could be used against them (or I would have deleted/removed it). Using cheats in games is a game of cat and mouse. You are proposing that the mice never talk to each other and keep walking into the same trap. What if the mice who got hit by that trap tell the other mice to avoid it? Rinse and repeat ad-infinum. Not communicating with the masses only improves the lives of the few who do.

I mean... realistically what harm is there in telling people that spam resetting instances quickly causes a ban? It isn't going to make GGG change their ban strategies... it just tells people to not fall for that trap.

This thread also creates a centralized place for people to discuss their bans so they know what to avoid instead. Previously, users would post in whichever thread they thought caused the ban (such as ExileAPI), a discussion might occur, then it gets burried forever as nobody reads page 6 if we're on page 30. I've previously needed to cleanup discussions like this since they were getting quite spammy and off-topic, so this thread gives them a place.

MashaPetrova's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you really think GGG isn't aware of people using public programs here, bots, proxies, drivers, or that people RMT? I can guarantee you that nothing in this thread will be new information for GGG and posts here are from users who have already been banned. If users are frequently posting that they received a ban and are using tools like ASH, the community can make assumptions based on that information and it warns others to avoid those tools. Nobody has posted any information that could be used against them (or I would have deleted/removed it). Using cheats in games is a game of cat and mouse. You are proposing that the mice never talk to each other and keep walking into the same trap. What if the mice who got hit by that trap tell the other mice to avoid it? Rinse and repeat ad-infinum. Not communicating with the masses only improves the lives of the few who do.

I mean... realistically what harm is there in telling people that spam resetting instances quickly causes a ban? It isn't going to make GGG change their ban strategies... it just tells people to not fall for that trap.

This thread also creates a centralized place for people to discuss their bans so they know what to avoid instead. Previously, users would post in whichever thread they thought caused the ban (such as ExileAPI), a discussion might occur, then it gets burried forever as nobody reads page 6 if we're on page 30. I've previously needed to cleanup discussions like this since they were getting quite spammy and off-topic, so this thread gives them a place.
    dude, I could make dozens of arguments that this post just makes things worse. But I've seen how you delete any criticism of your actions and ban users. Most users curse you for creating this thread. For example, you can ask a direct question to the author of plugins for dpb with the nickname Allure - he sits in the super private discord channel TehCheat.

Here's a question for you.

Why do not you discuss this issue there - behind closed doors and decided to collect statistics in the open? Did GGG order you to do this survey?
    Last edited by Sychotix; 12-08-2023 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Removing a personal discord account

Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MashaPetrova View Post
    dude, I could make dozens of arguments that this post just makes things worse. But I've seen how you delete any criticism of your actions and ban users. Most users curse you for creating this thread. For example, you can ask a direct question to the author of plugins for dpb with the nickname Allure (discord name=allure_) - he sits in the super private discord channel TehCheat.

Here's a question for you.

Why do not you discuss this issue there - behind closed doors and decided to collect statistics in the open? Did GGG order you to do this survey?
    Classic "dozens of arguments," "most users", attacking the poster and not the argument, and baseless claims without any supporting evidence made from a user who joined a month ago with no contributions. I also don't see the relevance of a bot plugin author to this thread. None of this information is new or would be helpful to GGG. They have over a decade of data that they could look at from users which is made even easier nowadays by machine learning and AI. Do you really think a few vague, potentially untrustworthy data points are whats stopping them from stopping all cheaters? So much so that they would work with a moderator on a cheat forum who has been around since 2006 making, sharing, and using cheats for their game to collect that small handful of data? Occam's razor dude.

I question your motivation in stopping people from sharing a few basic bits of information with the hopes of helping others. Are YOU ordered by GGG to post here?

stuff232's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are the chances of bans beeing triggered by AHK scripts, are those safe ?

Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stuff232 View Post
    what are the chances of bans beeing triggered by AHK scripts, are those safe ?
    Nobody knows for sure, but bot-like scripts are certainly risky with what we do know. I've had a report of a ban for a user that claims the only difference between their banned account and their unbanned account was one was used for trading to other users and they used the HUD plugin HighlightedItems to place currency into the trade window. Was this a report or the server detecting suspicious activity? The user forgetting to mention a separate detail that actually triggered the ban? No idea.

EthEth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    57/38
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my perspective, what is discussed here is "community testing" of anti-chit. Users who get banned report what they were doing, and - when we have enough reports - we can do a little approximation which tools or classes of tools get us banned. It is better then work I did long time ago with testing tools by myself (imagine manually levelling account by account for weeks). As for this forum being public and what GGG can do with info from here?
    1. They know the tools
    2. They can estimate which tools hit their gains, which are acceptable from monetary perspective and which are acceptable from community perspective
    3. They know who and for what they banned
    As long we are not discussing in details how to avoid bans, they get nothing from this. On the other hand - we, community - get more info about how things work.

17. Thanks Sychotix (1 members gave Thanks to EthEth for this useful post)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast