118/486
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by natemiddleman View Post
    I have actually been thinking about this. What about a plugin that can dump most values from a standard character into a txt file. When a new league starts, run the plugin again and compare with the txt file and print out a list of values that don't match. Maybe even print out the memory address of the header to make it simple to look for in CE.
    This would result in all the offsets which changed. This is in some cases interesting information, but we are mostly interested in the new offsets. I am not quite sure what you mean by "the memory address of the header", when the offsets have changed an ExileApi plugin will obviously have no information about were the correct values are stored in memory - thats the problem.
    While a standard character may have some use cases, its rather limited. Mostly limited to all values which are directly character bound (e.g. life, mana, es) but those are not really a problem to find.

There are probably more promising ways to automate offset finding. E.g. using some form of pattern scanning (which is used for the "base" memory addresses already: ExileCore.PoEMemory.Offsets).

Originally Posted by TotallyCake View Post
    Been enjoying the HUD helpers for PoE for a while now!
    Is it me or does PreloadAlert never work? I remember it used to work pretty well.
    PreloadAlert works fine on my end. If its not please be a bit more extensive with your bug description. I am seeing masters, breaches, essences, ... what exactly are you missing?
    There is a plugin which should be basically PreloadAlert 2.0, ProximityAlert. I have not used it personally, just heard good things from other community members.

Originally Posted by armory236 View Post
    I understood nothing, excuse me

two questions:
    1. will we get free exileapi version after the league starts?
    2. how can I donate (I don't like patreon subscriptions) via card-to-card transaction? I don't have paypal/btc etc.
    Originally Posted by CornFlake101 View Post
    as others have stated, i have no problem supporting this project via donations or per league considerations. A subscription based Patreon is not an option for me.
    Yes, ExileApi is still OpenSource and therefore free. The money is meant to be a bounty for the first working version. When there is some money to be made that may is a motivation for someone to spend the early hours of the league start searching offsets instead of playing.
    Its totally possible to pay via Patreon and directly cancel your subcription, which results in a one time payment. If you have a suggestion for another payment handler which is not bound to such a subscription based model feel free to post it here. As mentioned earlier I will not publish my private payment information (which would include my real name) for donations for this project.

Donations are still what the word says - payment without any personal gain. If you want fast updated offsets after the league start (for everyone) you may want to donate some money to encourage others to put the work into it.

ExileAPI 3.12 Release
  2. Thanks MrOne, armory236, Silent_Warrior, x0z0, WSSANON, poeking99, AdvocateOfDeath, mrstinky (8 members gave Thanks to Queuete for this useful post)
    CornFlake101's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome to hear, and always grateful to you for continuing to support and provide!

x0z0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not any good with reverse engineering or anything like this but is it generally true that the values we are looking for in the memory are on the same 'distance in memory'?
    What I mean is when you find the base offset via pattern scanning is it possible to find all other ones with a basic
    offset2 = baseoffset + 135?
    I think people do it like that in csgo cheats

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by x0z0 View Post
    Im not any good with reverse engineering or anything like this but is it generally true that the values we are looking for in the memory are on the same 'distance in memory'?
    What I mean is when you find the base offset via pattern scanning is it possible to find all other ones with a basic
    In the case that a structure has had additional information added, that method is a decent starting point.

6. Thanks Queuete (1 members gave Thanks to Sychotix for this useful post)
    Rocker866's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would like to support ppl that work hard to get exileapi working early in the league but man patreon sub? no ty. paypal would be nice but if thats not an option guess im out after using this stuff since x years. sad days
    other question is what does the membership lvl do? more options for the exileapi or are all of those subscriptions basically for the same exileapi?

TotallyCake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Queuete View Post
    PreloadAlert works fine on my end. If its not please be a bit more extensive with your bug description. I am seeing masters, breaches, essences, ... what exactly are you missing?
    There is a plugin which should be basically PreloadAlert 2.0, ProximityAlert. I have not used it personally, just heard good things from other community members.
    Hiya,
    It wasn't meant as a bug report, morely a "Hey, is this function working for someone else?".

After Redownloading the files and removing the old files, was able to make essences work in preload by running the hud in administrator mode.
    When I browsed the pluginshub, saw another person's PreloadAlert and added that - which might have broken the preloadalert that didn't work for me.
    So it was pretty much my own fault (I think?) that it wasn't working properly.

Thanks for all the hard work! Also going to check out that proximityalert thing
    Last edited by TotallyCake; 01-11-2021 at 05:10 AM.

9. Thanks Queuete (1 members gave Thanks to TotallyCake for this useful post)
    Queuete's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    118/486
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by x0z0 View Post
    Thats essentially whats done yes. There are "just" a few more layers.
    Example: BaseOffset -> CurrentPlayerEntity -> LifeComponent -> MaxLife

What you are describing as "distance in memory" is whats usually called "offset". You got a base and the Value you look for is at base + offset.
    The initial base is given by the GameProcess which is running. So in case of the given example you need to find 4 offsets and all of them can potentially change when there is a Patch by GGG.

Originally Posted by Rocker866 View Post
    i would like to support ppl that work hard to get exileapi working early in the league but man patreon sub? no ty. paypal would be nice but if thats not an option guess im out after using this stuff since x years. sad days
    other question is what does the membership lvl do? more options for the exileapi or are all of those subscriptions basically for the same exileapi?
    Patreon allows exactly that. Pay with paypal without giving any information to me directly, then you can cancel your "subscription" directly afterwards and you essentially got a one time payment. The different levels are described on Patreon. (hint: all of them grant you the following awesome: "Thank you!").

Please stop with "I would donate via xyz, but cant because ...", thats awful to read. Its totally fine if you dont want do donate anything, but dont look for such excuses thats in 99% of the cases a lie.
    You can currently use at least Paypal and CreditCard via Patreon and Cryptos via the adresses provided in the first post.

This will be the last time I answer posts with a similar content.
    It seems like my choice of words was not entirely clear for everyone in the first post (Open Source = free), but I doubt anyone could missunderstand the answer towards the first questions (post #452 ):

Donations are still what the word says - payment without any personal gain. If you want fast updated offsets after the league start (for everyone) you may want to donate some money to encourage others to put the work into it.

S8322993d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, sorry to ask a question about the Patreon donation again -

1. After subscribing, how would I get notification/informed on the availability of the first working version of the HUD?
    2. And how to download it? link would be emailed? or I can find it in the Patreon link (Sorry haven't used Patreon before)

Thanks for your contributions to the HUD users community all these time!

Tonkan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/11
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by S8322993d View Post
    Hi, sorry to ask a question about the Patreon donation again -

1. After subscribing, how would I get notification/informed on the availability of the first working version of the HUD?
    2. And how to download it? link would be emailed? or I can find it in the Patreon link (Sorry haven't used Patreon before)

Thanks for your contributions to the HUD users community all these time!
    You do realise that he haven't said it's going to be private for patrons right? Subscribing to patreon is an optional to help motivate him to update exileapi for the new league faster.

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that if you subscribe you'll find out the same way as everyone else, by browsing this forum and I assume Queuete will make a new 3.13 thread.
    That is assuming the updater won't automatically update it

13. Thanks Queuete, h42 (2 members gave Thanks to Tonkan for this useful post)
    Asura221's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this forum has just opened its doors for me, and I am very interested in the companion.
    I would like to try using it in a new league, and here is my first question: since I am not good at English and advanced computer use to set up a companion, is there some kind of instructional video? so I don't throw my stupid questions here (other than that).

LegitJimmy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Asura221 u just start the program as admin and everything else will be done by itself mostly
    Last edited by LegitJimmy; 01-12-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Tonkan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/11
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LegitJimmy View Post
    @Asura221 u just start the program as admin and everything else will be done by itself mostly
    Don't forget the limited user method if you want to minimize the risk of being banned.
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...ited-user.html

lenpox's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please help, I downloaded and unzipped the files, when I open Loader.exe, it showed up a window and closed immediately, how can I fix this?

arturino009's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    21/85
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lenpox View Post
    Please help, I downloaded and unzipped the files, when I open Loader.exe, it showed up a window and closed immediately, how can I fix this?
    You have to open Path of Exile first.

lenpox's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arturino009 View Post
    You have to open Path of Exile first.
    Thanks you, I'm downloading the game right now, it's a shame that Exileapi doesn't support Epic or Steam version.