Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, seems like there're some particles we can "1-emitter" and some don't. That's why I managed to play PoE with "1-emitters" without any crashes. It can take some time to find "safe" particles if next patch won't change this issue.

Originally Posted by Belha View Post
    But in any case, that program is based entirelly on poeNullEffects.
    Nope, poe-mods is a separate project. It has the different particle disabling method (old, unsafe, fragmentation-based). As for other features it has too much problems. Even if we have similar ideas, realizations are totally different. pNE is more "human-oriented". I.e. poeNullEffects doesn't cut important textures, doesn't make light zones darker, doesn't cut important patch-specific sections (that's why poe-mods leads to crashes more often) etc.
    But poe-mods has pretty good .dds resizer if you figure out how to work with it. *

Originally Posted by plpp View Post
    "Failed to load ggpk: Invalid tag: r"
    "Invalid tag" means your .ggpk is corrupted. Actually poeNullEffects doesn't do it. Usually it happens if your patch process was interrupted. You can run PackChecker.exe or download new .gppk to fix it.

(*) update: "Path-of-Exile-modding-tool" just corrupted two original backups during .dds resizing. "66% to corrupt your .ggpk". LMAO.
    Don't use it if you have no other .ggpk copies.
    Last edited by avs; 06-22-2020 at 11:00 AM.

poeNullEffects - for any PoE version.
  2. Thanks Belha, SickBro (2 members gave Thanks to avs for this useful post)
    plpp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the answer.
    Seems like my edit didn't work when I added that pakchecker didn't bring anything to say.

However you are totally right, I used poemodtools. But I reverted the change that's why I thought it shouldn't bring an issue. It did though.
    Redownloaded the ggpk and now it's fine like before.

About the .dds conversion/resize thing : does it actually have any important on frame rate ? For example, smoothing the bottleneck of my GPU ram when I use vmware

Thanks again for the app man, and very cool update

dlr5668's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the .dds conversion/resize thing : does it actually have any important on frame rate ? For example, smoothing the bottleneck of my GPU ram when I use vmware

Thanks again for the app man, and very cool update
    Yep it will stress less nvme ssd (I hope u dont run it from HDD) u running vmware from. RX588 can run 4 vmware bots + main game easy
    github.com/vadash/EZVendor

poe1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can free version disable shadow?

avs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by poe1993 View Post
    can free version disable shadow?
    Yes. Please check the release notes @ github download page.

you are totally right, I used poemodtools. But I reverted the change that's why I thought it shouldn't bring an issue. It did though.
    Redownloaded the ggpk and now it's fine like before.
    Well, I checked poe-modding-tools a bit more. Just tried to understand if it really has critical bugs beside the other known logic issues. I mean getting .ggpk corruptions so often is pretty strange. Notes:

1. It doesn't actually resize .dds textures. It just finds smaller mipmaps and removes big ones. If the app can't find mipmaps small enough, it does nothing. As for a good example there's a true resizer based on php + separate .exes by bSun0000 but it's too slow (14+ hours for 45k textures).

2. If brotli module can't compress new .dds, poe-mods writes uncompressed .dds as a records data. Just another way to corrupt your .ggpk. I didn't check why it happens but I can clearly see uncompressed .dds bytes within updated .ggpk records.

3. Sometimes poe-mods corrupts your .ggpk because it writes incorrect length of updated records in the middle of .ggpk. It's possible to overwrite an old record (pNE does it with no issues) but you must be sure it has the same length in its header (first 4 bytes) for the records linkage saving. Otherwise you should mark an old record as "free" and write the new data into the new record at the end of .ggpk or make some other tricks. Anyway, you can't just overwrite a record if its data length has been changed - in this case the next expected record starts from garbage bytes because the next records position is incorrect. It leads us to the "Incorrect tag" problem.

Mystery solved. It really has critical code bugs.

So.. It's only a matter of time when you get a client crash after using poe-modding-tools. Try to avoid it at all cost if you don't want to waste your time downloading new .ggpks again and again. PackCheck.exe won't help.

7. Thanks toadskin, poe1993 (2 members gave Thanks to avs for this useful post)
    Silent_Warrior's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    161/29
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by avs View Post
    So.. It's only a matter of time when you get a client crash after using poe-modding-tools. Try to avoid it at all cost if you don't want to waste your time downloading new .ggpks again and again. PackCheck.exe won't help.
    This corruption could be solved if you use ggpk_defragment after those invalid tag issue... seems helping always. But it's sooo annoying...

plpp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dlr5668 View Post
    Yep it will stress less nvme ssd (I hope u dont run it from HDD) u running vmware from. RX588 can run 4 vmware bots + main game easy
    Thank you for the answer. Yes I do use SSD now that I finally bought a new not shitty laptop
    But I won't manage to use multiple VMs since I don't want to use the blackout config ^^
    Poenulleffect + disabled sound + fullscreen in VM seems to be efficient enough for what I'm looking for

Originally Posted by avs View Post

Mystery solved. It really has critical code bugs.

Very interesting answer many thanks. Well this permanent tagging is a bit annoying then, considering that it totally annihilates the restore function.
    I won't bother fixing the corrupted ggpk myself in any case.
    And actually I sure have had enough of re downloading the whole ggpk, since I already had to do that for some reasons just before

As for the .dds part, I see better why it didn't seem to create a giant uncompressed file, since it just keeps the smallest iterations if I do understand the way it does its stuff.

Then I'll wait and see if their next releases would repair all these problems, I could profit for having another layer of smoothness when running my VM setup.
    Actually I intend to stream from the VM to my old laptop via spacedesk app, so that I use it as a second screen without needing to buy a new one, and for the fun of doing it. However even if I keep stable 60fps in game, it suffers from stuttering which is not really cool. But maybe there is no easy solution to it, adding RAM quantity/speed or further reducing CPU/GPU usage, I am not tech expert enough to conclude.

Hossam Hassan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can i disable Bloom ?!

dlr5668's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    129/226
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Silent_Warrior View Post
    This corruption could be solved if you use ggpk_defragment after those invalid tag issue... seems helping always. But it's sooo annoying...
    You dont need to solve it. Game will read data just fine
    github.com/vadash/EZVendor

Silent_Warrior's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    161/29
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dlr5668 View Post
    You dont need to solve it. Game will read data just fine
    truth. but VisualGGPK doesn't

ch9_us's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I turn on the effects of blood?

avs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hossam Hassan View Post
    how can i disable Bloom ?!
    Default options work pretty good for me. I mean:
    Escape -> Options -> Graphics: Detail Settings: Bloom -> Slight

Originally Posted by Silent_Warrior View Post
    truth. but VisualGGPK doesn't
    Well, it corrupts .ggpk struct. It can trigger unexpected behavior. It shouldn't be like that.
    So yeah, users should "defragment" .ggpk after every poe-mods job. And no, it still doesn't fix .dds-related crashes in the certain places.

armory236's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    340/53
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello
    in vmv application I could disable excessive lights in the game
    could you please write the line I should disable to get rid of over-lighting?

poe1993's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man i wish i could disable MTX. these full MTX players in cities make my game take too long to load. in standard league it load fast because there are not many MTX players in the city.

qNxX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for the tool.

Do you by chance know which file is for Volatile Dead's first "explosion"? The one where the fireballs come flying out of the corpses. Nulling volatile_dead_chaos and volatile_dead_player change the fireballs from Volatile Dead, but didn't remove the splash-explosion effect.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 ... LastLast