1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding out values related to map

Hi guys, I struggle to find a way to find out the memory data related to the in-game map being revelead or not (maphack). Im trying to do that with Cheat Engine. The ways I was trying to find it were for example going in and outside of town because the map in town is revealed while outside not, meanwhile scanning for changed/unchanged values accordingly. When that failed I've tried to find it by toggling the map and seeing the values related to that. I've found a static memory address for the map being displayed or not, but nothing about actually it being revealed.

Any hints/tips on that guys ?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Finding out values related to map
    TehCheat's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    349/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is, people that have a method for revealing the map don't want it to be public because then GGG can detect it rather easily.

3. Thanks toadskin (1 members gave Thanks to TehCheat for this useful post)
    Gerion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. So what you're saying it's not something easy enough to be found out through Cheat engine, it requires some reverse engineering the functions to actuall see whats happening?

thanks in advance for the answer!

TehCheat's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    349/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    I see. So what you're saying it's not something easy enough to be found out through Cheat engine, it requires some reverse engineering the functions to actuall see whats happening?

thanks in advance for the answer!
    What you're saying is kind of contradictory, cheat engine allows you to reverse engineer functions. And there's at least 2 map hacks that are created from cheat engine that are public. But to properly address the question, you probably could find it in cheat engine doing a simple search, if you knew what to look for. I have an idea of what that might be based on my knowledge of a couple different versions of map hacks, but I couldn't find it with a simple search in cheat engine right now, unless I used the pattern, which is cheating.

6. Thanks toadskin, Gerion (2 members gave Thanks to TehCheat for this useful post)
    Gerion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are right with the first part, I've oversimplified stuff and even confused myself. Im not looking for ready solutions how to find it, I would prefer to even not get them. I'm looking for some kind of hint in which direction should I go to find it. Maybe even a way of thinking that can get me there, mine, in this subject, seems to not be experienced enough or just the way of thinking is too limited at the moment

Thanks for spending the time to answer me tho