Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpaceGuy119 View Post
    I'm sorry, I just don't believe this.

Using an old version of HUD post-patch "i" will get you flagged and a warning message.
    I have no point in lying here. I'm just sharing my expirience.

I noticed that many people (my friends included) don't know that you can click on "Client hacks" in Poehud menu and make it red (which means "disabled"). My guess is that even If you click on all client hacks separately (maphack, zoomhack etc.), but leave "Client hacks" enabled, you'll get flagged.

I'm using old version, I always fully disable client hacks and I'm not flagged now.

PoeHUD - Overlay for Path of Exile
    HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Alex_777 View Post
    I have no point in lying here. I'm just sharing my expirience.

I noticed that many people (my friends included) don't know that you can click on "Client hacks" in Poehud menu and make it red (which means "disabled"). My guess is that even If you click on all client hacks separately (maphack, zoomhack etc.), but leave "Client hacks" enabled, you'll get flagged.

I'm using old version, I always fully disable client hacks and I'm not flagged now.
    Stop spreading FUD, please, you'll get flagged by the enumerate get process name -> crc32, because the exe name is PoeHUD.exe.
    You might not be flagged because you got lucky but that version is detected.

Bladekin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HvC love the program. is it posible to get a different sound for highende curency drop and 5/6L and potential a icon that stats a 5/6L drop nearly missed one today

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bladekin View Post
    @HvC love the program. is it posible to get a different sound for highende curency drop and 5/6L and potential a icon that stats a 5/6L drop nearly missed one today
    It's possible, might code it, fairly buisy atm with AC stuff and real life work though.

NotEvenRookieDeveloper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HvC View Post
    fairly buisy atm with AC stuff and real life work though.
    "Stay on target, stay on target." (Star Wars quote)

It seems we have very few people (maybe just one?) working on and sharing features that keep PoeHUD undetected. I'd say that it's more important to focus on that and then leave feature requests for new / improved / extra stuff to the other contributors. What good are new features if they get you banned?

... Also, that RL stuff is important to consider too. It would be pretty sad to lose a key contributor because he/she was stretched too thin across projects. I'm pretty sure that's a common way for projects to die around here.

gloomyr666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop spreading FUD, please, you'll get flagged by the enumerate get process name -> crc32, because the exe name is PoeHUD.exe.
    You might not be flagged because you got lucky but that version is detected.
    and this
    https://github.com/H4vC/PoeHud
    version isnt woth such exe? and is(you think) undetectable? ( need only item and mobs functions)

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gloomyr666 View Post
    and this
    https://github.com/H4vC/PoeHud
    version isnt woth such exe? and is(you think) undetectable? ( need only item and mobs functions)
    My version doesn't write to memory, won't run if the exe is name PoeHUD, and scrambles itself and the rendering window.
    I've been using it, my friends have been using it. And of us only those that used Huds that wrote to the memory or were still named PoeHUD.exe were flagged.
    Last edited by HvC; 01-21-2015 at 02:01 PM.

AndyMan1987's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I suggest Mvc starts his own thread for his fork of PoeHud. We should all only be using his atm because of it's scrambler.

sssk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter what you used, if you used a HUD that ran with the name PoeHUD.exe after 1.3.0i you got flagged that's all.
    Good for me that I always renamed for folder/exe to something else before running it. No strike.

gloomyr666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i should rename exe file,then add this name in scramler.txt right?
    and thx for answer) :3

GraffPOE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HvC what does the scrambler.exe do? There is no documentation in the readme that is included in your zip file. I renamed my poehud.exe to something else and use that newly named file to launch the hud. Is this the correct way to do it? Everything seems to be working fine, I just want to make sure.

AndyMan1987's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I am wrong, this is my understanding. GGG could only be scanning for known process names, but they could also be hashing processes. Renaming a process does not change it's hash. If poe is hashing processes looking for known ones they can identify as hacks, then a simple rename will not hide your hack. The scrambler randomizes the hash of the hack.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know it might be a good idea to start a new thread. If only to reclaim the original post for updating as well.

If you wanted to keep history I think an admin might be able to merge the threads

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AndyMan1987 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, this is my understanding. GGG could only be scanning for known process names, but they could also be hashing processes. Renaming a process does not change it's hash. If poe is hashing processes looking for known ones they can identify as hacks, then a simple rename will not hide your hack. The scrambler randomizes the hash of the hack.
    You know if you were really paranoid a simple find/replace in the source before compiling can have a big effect on it as well. Not to mention you could use a simple packer to pack the exe as well.

There are lots of way you can make your copy individual if you wanted.

I'll still say that its not 100% guaranteed that you won't get banned tomorrow either. You have to be prepared to lose everything you risk when you use these tools.

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the scrambler: The Hud won't run without being scrambled if your HUD works, it's scrambled. This makes the hash wildly different than any previous execution, this is in case GGG does start hashing running exes. You can run the scrambler manually but it will always be executed if the HUD finds it's hash being the same as any previous execution.

Originally Posted by gloomyr666 View Post
    i should rename exe file,then add this name in scramler.txt right?
    and thx for answer) :3
    No, what you need to do is download the HUD from my Github and rename the HUD and the folder it's in and then you're good.

Furthermore I'm not opposed to a thread but I can't be bothered nor do I have the time to make a writeup right now since I'm focusing on my real life job and further avoidance methods for the AC.
    Last edited by HvC; 01-21-2015 at 03:46 PM.