Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem as NotEvenRookieDeveloper but after replacing offset with the one which ReadyToKill posted works fine.

[Release] Daxx' Toolbox
    DaxxTrias's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReadyToKill View Post
    The offsets you posted didn't work for me, for some reason this is the offset i got and it is working, non steam

BP0 = 0x00286079 + 0x00400000
    BP1 = 0x00286071 + 0x00400000
    BP2 = 0x002860bb + 0x00400000
    Thanks. It seems they released a little mini patch since I pushed the last update and I didn't notice. Maybe thats why the guy above my last post was crashing.

Updated itemalerter for their 1.1.3_R2 build

Code:
    #               1.1.3_r2
        if not STEAM:

BP0 = 0x00286079 + 0x00400000
            BP1 = 0x00286071 + 0x00400000
            BP2 = 0x002860bb + 0x00400000

else:

BP0 = 0x00287B09 + 0x00400000
            BP1 = 0x00287B01 + 0x00400000
            BP2 = 0x00287B4B + 0x00400000
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 05-01-2014 at 05:39 PM.

peezpipe@gmail.com's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NotEvenRookieDeveloper View Post
    I've been experiencing problems with ItemAlerter since the update to 1.1.3. I've tried it on two different computers, but it causes PoE to crash just the same. I've been using ItemAlerter for some time so I ought to have all the requirements for running the program squared away - unless they changed with the most recent update, of course.

Basic procedure: I start PoE, wait a little, and then I start ItemAlerter.
    If I start ItemAlerter before logging in then PoE crashes after choosing a character to play.
    If I start ItemAlerter after joining a game instance then the experience is a bit unpredictable. PoE crashes if I'm quick to use a skill to attack a monster (I can pop barrels/cairns and drop loot from them, but if I target a monster then the game crashes). If I run around a bit then the game doesn't seem to crash when I start using my skills, but Item Alerter doesn't announce/displays drops (I managed to drop both RGBs and alertable currency, but received no alerts).

I've tried using ItemAlerter in its newest form (download, unpack, and run) and in it's older form by just pasting in the above BP-values and running. I get the same instability from either solution.

Help. :-/

I hope someone can help me because ItemAlerter has really allowed me to enjoy PoE without the fear of missing out on drops off-screen. Huge kudos both to the initial developer and subsequent maintainers. Keep it up. :-)

Please let me know if more information is required to pinpoint the problem I'm experiencing.

FEEWWW!!! I thought I just set it up incorrectly or something as this is my first time trying to use it. That may still be the case but I am having the same problem. I'm on windows 8 64bit. I notice when I set python to run in Compatibility mode for XP sp3 it at least opens. It just sits there though after that saying "Starting ItemAlert May-1-2014 for Path of Exile <Steam> 1.1.3". It could be running correctly as I've never actually tried this yet so I'm not 100% sure how it works ^_^. I haven't heard any announcements from items despite setting it to announce when rares drop *and many have*.

Edit: @DaxxTrias Why you fix this while I'm busy complaining about it not working?! :P I'll go try that now and let you know if it works.

Edit 2: Nope still isn't working for me Guess it must be me lol. I'll go play around with things and if I find a fix I'll post what I derped on for future reference for other nubs
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    <snip>

Edit: @DaxxTrias Why you fix this while I'm busy complaining about it not working?! :P I'll go try that now and let you know if it works.

Edit 2: Nope still isn't working for me Guess it must be me lol. I'll go play around with things and if I find a fix I'll post what I derped on for future reference for other nubs
    How odd, I just checked both steam and nonsteam and its working fine for me.

Did you run the clean.bat file, that will erase all the pre-compiled python files and make it refresh them.
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 05-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.

peezpipe@gmail.com's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DaxxTrias View Post
    How odd, I just checked both steam and nonsteam and its working fine for me.

Did you run the clean.bat file, that will erase all the pre-compiled python files and make it refresh them.
    Indeed i did. I found the problem is that there is NO problem.. I just saw the "Starting ItemAlert" line and expected more text saying "success" or something. Right as I was cursing myself as a nub my obscenity was confirmed as truth as a Chrom orb dropped and the 100% volume on my speakers alerted me to the fact. My nose is bleeding from the hard earned facepalm from my failure. THANK YOU! Now I can continue to play the game without fear of losing value items from my ignorance of their worth

The lesson? "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Edit: Hrm thinking about it, is there a way to make it say success if its properly up and running? Not that it needs it, but I'm sure it will save you lots of pms from people like me ^_^
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-01-2014 at 06:33 PM.

anyhtinggoes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the liberty to update the sound of each item. I didn't like that for a bunch of items it would say "crafting item" instead of what it was. Each orb now has it's own sound. I also made the voice as human like as possible with an American accent.

Always make a backup before you edit anything.
    1. Download http://www.filedropper.com/sounds_2
    2. Replace the sounds folder with the one in the .rar
    3. Right click ItemAlertPoE.py and edit.
    4.Open ###itemID.txt (in the sound folder you downloaded) and copy the text.
    5.Replace the entire section that says " if itemId == 00XXX0000 and SOUND_XXXXXX " with the text in ###itemID.
    6.Open ###playsoundedit.txt (in the sound folder you downloaded) and copy the text.
    7.Replace the entire section that says " class PlaySoundXXXXXX(threading.Thread) " with the text you copied in ###playsoundedit.txt
    8.Save
    Last edited by anyhtinggoes; 05-01-2014 at 07:54 PM.

NotEvenRookieDeveloper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DaxxTrias View Post
    Thanks. It seems they released a little mini patch since I pushed the last update and I didn't notice. Maybe thats why the guy above my last post was crashing.
    Indeed. The new offsets are working great.

Thanks for the fast replies too!

On a different note:
    Is it possible to also have the program alert you to the presence of certain monsters? For instance, it would be extremely advantageous to know if you're going to get bushwacked by a rogue exile (and which one!) or that Kole etc. is nearby. The same could apply to map features such as the presence of a Corrupted Area (even though they increased the spawn rate by 220% in the latest patch) and maybe Strongboxes.

Another improvement would be if the alerter can indicate a relative direction to the loot. Since the detection range is fairly large, it can sometimes be a bit tricky to hunt down a drop that was overlooked. It would require knowing the players position relative to the loot's position. The latter ought to be in the loot packet, but the former might require more work. Even just indicating the loot's position might be helpful because then I can just drop a piece of loot where I am and look at the difference between them.

(If no one else looks into the above suggestions then I will, but since ItemAlerter is a Python learning experience for me, it could be a while before any improvements see the light of day, hehe.)
    Last edited by NotEvenRookieDeveloper; 05-02-2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Typo

biersn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Using Logout F7 in PathOfExile 1.1.3_R4.6.7.CT, i cant login with the character again in the Game. Have to close CheatEngine and Open again ? Has anyone else the Same Problem`?
    ok fixed it, u should not activate the "GameState_LogOff" --
    Last edited by biersn; 05-02-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Testo86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the lootalert doesnt work for me i downloaded all things i need but it doesnt work what could be wrong?

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Testo86 View Post
    the lootalert doesnt work for me i downloaded all things i need but it doesnt work what could be wrong?
    Explain in more detail what happens. Do you see the cmd prompt open and close immediately, do you get any text in the window if it stays up. Does windows give you any errors and not open it at all?

I need more details to troubleshoot it.
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 05-03-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Rowsol's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this.

luminair's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, you are amazing!
    How do I fix the black patches that happens sometimes when I zoom out?

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by luminair View Post
    Thank you, you are amazing!
    How do I fix the black patches that happens sometimes when I zoom out?
    black patches with the zoomhack, like that border looking thing?

If so that'd be the farclip plane. In order to kill it off you need zoomhack and the max full bright. medium/low won't stop it from showing up.

NotEvenRookieDeveloper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a new update out (1.1.3b) so we need new offsets. :-)

Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated ItemAlerter for 1.1.3b
    MultiHack & XPCalc should be fine still.

Code:
    8-May-2014
        * Updated for 1.1.3b
        * Minor code cleaning
        * Updated some debugging text
    I changed how the alignment code functions a little bit. So offsets will look different this time. See my BitBucket to get the latest build zip
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 05-08-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast