0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Source] Basic Item Alerter

Update: Updated for PoE version 0.10.0g. Gems, Currencies and Maps are now in the notify list per default.
    Update: Updated for PoE version 0.10.0f.

I don't play this game, but I've seen some game play and it looks pretty much like Diablo 3, so I figured this might be useful.

This program intercepts server messages that notify the client about new objects (more specifically: new items that drop on the ground). At the moment filtering is only possible by name, but if this program is even useful I might reverse some more stuff to filter by modifiers, stats, etc.

Every time an item drops that is of interest to you ("of interest" meaning that you added this item's name to the ItemNotify list), the program will play a sound and show the item name in a console window.

It's open source and I've decided not to release any stand-alone binaries. You'll need to install Python (2.7) and 2 additional libraries. More information on this is in the INSTALLING file. Once you have installed Python & dependencies and made sure that the path to the Python binary is in your PATH environment variable, you can run the item alerter by executing this in a command window: python.exe ItemAlertPoE.py

You're obviously free to alter this program in any way (you need to in order to change the ItemNotify list), and you're free to do whatever you want. It carries a simple BEERWARE license (just for the sake of it). Just keep my name on it, please.

I've hacked this together in 1 day, which explains the sloppy programming and the documented (and probably undocumented) problems.

Source code is here: https://github.com/zku/ItemAlertPoE
    Sample output: https://raw.github.com/zku/ItemAlert...img/sample.png

WARNING: This may very well be considered a bannable offense. Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any actions taken against the user.
    Last edited by SKU; 02-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.

[Source] Basic Item Alerter
    Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Program working on 32bit Python!
    Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

• Is the game running?
    • Is the game's binary named "Client.exe"? (This *should* be the default, I downloaded the normal open beta client)

Python is interpreted, so you don't actually need to compile anything. Once the game is running and
    you're logged in, you should be able to start the program using C:\Python27\python.exe ItemAlertPoE.py.

In any case, I've noticed that sometimes the process or the main module is in lower case, so I've adjusted the code to account for that.

Please let me know if this error still occurs.

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it and yepp same

Edit: I think you should compile it etc and make us an Executable ^^ Atleast i trust you enough,
    Thank you for this amazing programming if it works ( which it should)
    Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-01-2013 at 05:19 PM.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the error message it looks like you didn't check out the newest version yet - mind doing so and trying again? You only need to replace this file: https://raw.github.com/zku/ItemAlert...temAlertPoE.py

Are you using a 64-bit Python version? Although it shouldn't matter, TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS should list 32-bit processes as well.
    Last edited by SKU; 02-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna try it right away! I'll edit this post when im done

Edit: Ok i updated the Code and now im getting this.

Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright! Big news for those who has been following this!

SKU and i (mainly SKU) figured out that this was a problem between 32bit and 64bit.

This does not seem to work on 64bit but works perfectly and smooth on 32bit!

Edit: I noticed something which made me sad ;( Gemcutter's Prism wont work because of the ' .
    Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-01-2013 at 06:05 PM.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    32/64 bit issues resolved (and made clear in the INSTALLING file).

I'm assuming you're trying to add Gemcutter's Prism to the NotifyItem list? In that case, use double quotes instead of single ones or escape it.

Code:
    _notifyItems.append("Gemcutter's Prism")
    Or did you speak of a different problem?

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope i was speaking of that problem! Thanks

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Pushed a new version that mainly fixes some potential packet parsing bugs. The structure can be different depending on who dropped the item and when the client received that information. For example, when you create a new character and log in, there's an item on the shore. This item has different flags than an item that you drop yourself, which may result in a slightly different structure.

I'm probably still not covering all cases, but at least all the ones I encountered while solo-playing in the starting area.

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great!
    I had a wierd bugg happening earlier when i was in Solaris Temple -3 with a full party, We were killing shitloads of mobs and after awhile my game crashed just "Stopped responding"
    This will also happen if you close down ItemAlertPoE.py before shutting down Client.exe.

Dont know what caused ItemAlertPoE.py to crash but something thought id let you know

Also noticed that you cannot have League of Legends open while using this!

Before: When i had Both Path of Exile (Client.exe) and League of Legends (LolClient.exe)
    After: When i only had Path of Exile (Client.exe) open

Originally Posted by SKU View Post
    Great. Pushed a new version that mainly fixes some potential packet parsing bugs. The structure can be different depending on who dropped the item and when the client received that information. For example, when you create a new character and log in, there's an item on the shore. This item has different flags than an item that you drop yourself, which may result in a slightly different structure.

I'm probably still not covering all cases, but at least all the ones I encountered while solo-playing in the starting area.
    Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, stupid names. Should work now even if LoL is open. However, if there's another Client.exe running (be it another PoE instance or some other program), all bets are off.

As for the other errors:
    - The random crash during play: Did you use the new version I just mentioned above?
    - The predictable crash when closing the alerter: Yup, the current system doesn't allow graceful termination. Once I've reversed more of the packet structure, I'll eventually release a clean, injected C++ version. As I mentioned at the start, I hacked this together very quickly, and nothing beats the deployment speed of Python for this.

That also explains why I did not release any binaries. It's open source with the hopes of people either joining in, or using it to make something fancy or whatever. The Python version will always hang up the debugee (PoE) and I have no plans of doing anything about it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend is getting this error even tho i guided him thru it.

Hes using 32bit aswell.

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running PoE 0.10.0e? Anyway, please have him download the newest version: https://github.com/zku/ItemAlertPoE/archive/master.zip

If the bug still occurs, send me the log.txt file (should be in the current working directory).

Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried downloading the latest and it works for me. But apparently not for him.

Hes gonna do a clean install of the whole thing.

Edit: Nvm he installed Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.7) instead of 86(32).
    Last edited by Deathyaw; 02-02-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast