Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware of fake bot?

ExileBuddy version 1.0.7 (Path of Exile Bot): ExileBuddy 1.0.7

This is similar to the "http://pathofexilebot.wordpress.com/". Seems like a scam to me, I scanned the bot file and it came back with a lot of malware, although I am not very experienced when it comes to these things... so can anyone else give their input?

Beware of fake bot?
    SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like somebody copied the contents of a Demonbuddy zip file, replaced some names, and added a malicious binary.

Some notes on the ExileBuddy.exe:

• Written in Delphi (weird stack allocations (lots of push instructions inside a loop), references Borland Delphi compiler name)
    • Does in no way interact with Path of Exile
    • Checks if it's being sandboxed (Sandboxie) and throws an error if it detects the Sandboxie dll
    • Calls ShellExecuteA

So yeah, don't use this. Someone is trying to use the good name of the HB/DB products to spread malware.

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by duffz View Post
    ExileBuddy version 1.0.7 (Path of Exile Bot): ExileBuddy 1.0.7

This is similar to the "http://pathofexilebot.wordpress.com/". Seems like a scam to me, I scanned the bot file and it came back with a lot of malware, although I am not very experienced when it comes to these things... so can anyone else give their input?
    You know... you could just look at the "buddy" website and have seen they don't have a PoE bot... and where did version 1.0.1 through .6 go?

Advice: Stop looking for hacks and bots on wordpress and youtube. Nothing but keyloggers and trojans. Don't trust ANY hack that comes from a website thats hosted on a free web hosting platform.

Also... if this were real, thats a "cracked" version, which the guys here wouldn't be happy about. (not allowed to post cracked versions of buddy bots here)
    Last edited by FattyXP; 02-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.

PiedPiere's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not saying this was made from the buddyteam, clearly it is not. I was just warning others as some people may safely assume since the exilebuddy its safe and will not harm them.

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by duffz View Post
    I was not saying this was made from the buddyteam, clearly it is not. I was just warning others as some people may safely assume since the exilebuddy its safe and will not harm them.
    "seems like a scam to me" indicates you were looking into it to try it, and had some doubt as to if it was real or not... I gave you reasons as to why it wouldn't be.

Sirmabus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They (probably botnet herders) seem to make these for almost any MMO, or FPS games of note these days.
    Often with a elaborate web sites, Youtube videos, etc., to make things look legit and sucker people into running a malware packed exe on their systems.

Click on on few links on these page (if you dare, better to use Firefox with "Noscript", etc.) and you will see pages that are not complete, no contact
    information, etc.

The big tip off should be what they are saying, just read the text.
    They almost always have some outlandish claims like "instant gold generator", "gold dupe hack", etc.
    Yea some of these things may have existed in some games in the past (I/we had one in WOW that lasted around four months, several years ago) but:
    A) If you could do such a thing, would you just put it out and public so everyone else could do it for a day or two before it was fixed (and thus no longer available)?
    B) Such a thing would be considered a major exploit, and the devs would immediately shut down the game servers and fix it. Almost faster then you could
    advertise it.

Like the old saying: "There is no such thing as a free lunch", this lunch comes with "free" malware.