Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am a total noob when it comes to stuff like scripts. can u pm me a guide on how-to make it work

JavaScript Lazy Professions
    onedoesnotsimply's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it's javascript couldn't we do window.location.href = 'addresses pulled from array of character names'; That way it would cycle through the AH pages for multiple characters? Or would the script stop working when the page was changed?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sylvanah View Post
    i am a total noob when it comes to stuff like scripts. can u pm me a guide on how-to make it work
    In it's current form, the easiest way is to just grab Chrome. In chrome click the 3 horizontal bars to the right of the address bar > tools > javascript console and paste the script in the console that pops up at the bottom.

Note that it runs 3 jobs by default and the following line numbers may change in future updates.

19. _private.professions = {
    20. to_do: ['leadership', 'tailoring', 'leatherworking'],

This is your list of jobs to do, you can set 1 or have all of them running, just add or remove as needed.

Under this is where you select the missions, again just add or remove what you need.

21. tasks: {
    22. leadership: ['Feed the Needy', 'Protect Caravan', 'Explore Local Area'],
    23. leatherworking: ['Tough Leather Trading', 'Gather Tough Pelts', 'Tough Pelt Trading', 'Simple Leather Trading', 'Simple Pelt Trading', 'Gather Simple Pelts'],
    24. tailoring: ['Wool Cloth Trading', 'Cotton Scrap Trading', 'Gather Cotton Scraps', 'Wool Scraps Trading', 'Gather Wool Scraps'],
    25. mailsmithing: ['Steel Rings and Scales Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore'],
    26. platesmithing: ['Steel Plate Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Iron Plate Trading', 'Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore']
    27. }
    28. };

So I think a lot of people want to just run leadership and protect the caravan until they get more slots so what you would have in this section is:

_private.professions = {
    to_do: ['leadership'],
    tasks: {
    leadership: ['Protect Caravan'],
    leatherworking: ['Tough Leather Trading', 'Gather Tough Pelts', 'Tough Pelt Trading', 'Simple Leather Trading', 'Simple Pelt Trading', 'Gather Simple Pelts'],
    tailoring: ['Wool Cloth Trading', 'Cotton Scrap Trading', 'Gather Cotton Scraps', 'Wool Scraps Trading', 'Gather Wool Scraps'],
    mailsmithing: ['Steel Rings and Scales Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore'],
    platesmithing: ['Steel Plate Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Iron Plate Trading', 'Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore']
    }
    };

Later on you might have enough slots you want to level 2 other crafts to 20 (for the bonus slot) but only want it to use the missions that require no materials. Here is what I'm running for still collecting AD from leadership and leveling tailoring and leatherworking.

_private.professions = {
    to_do: ['leadership', 'tailoring', 'leatherworking'],
    leatherworking: ['Gather Simple Pelts'],
    tailoring: ['Gather Wool Scraps'],
    mailsmithing: ['Steel Rings and Scales Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore'],
    platesmithing: ['Steel Plate Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Iron Plate Trading', 'Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore']
    }
    };

Hope this helps.

Digitalxero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for writing the guide I was too lazy to write

Originally Posted by onedoesnotsimply View Post
    In it's current form, the easiest way is to just grab Chrome. In chrome click the 3 horizontal bars to the right of the address bar > tools > javascript console and paste the script in the console that pops up at the bottom.

Note that it runs 3 jobs by default and the following line numbers may change in future updates.

19. _private.professions = {
    20. to_do: ['leadership', 'tailoring', 'leatherworking'],

This is your list of jobs to do, you can set 1 or have all of them running, just add or remove as needed.

Under this is where you select the missions, again just add or remove what you need.

21. tasks: {
    22. leadership: ['Feed the Needy', 'Protect Caravan', 'Explore Local Area'],
    23. leatherworking: ['Tough Leather Trading', 'Gather Tough Pelts', 'Tough Pelt Trading', 'Simple Leather Trading', 'Simple Pelt Trading', 'Gather Simple Pelts'],
    24. tailoring: ['Wool Cloth Trading', 'Cotton Scrap Trading', 'Gather Cotton Scraps', 'Wool Scraps Trading', 'Gather Wool Scraps'],
    25. mailsmithing: ['Steel Rings and Scales Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore'],
    26. platesmithing: ['Steel Plate Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Iron Plate Trading', 'Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore']
    27. }
    28. };

So I think a lot of people want to just run leadership and protect the caravan until they get more slots so what you would have in this section is:

_private.professions = {
    to_do: ['leadership'],
    leatherworking: ['Tough Leather Trading', 'Gather Tough Pelts', 'Tough Pelt Trading', 'Simple Leather Trading', 'Simple Pelt Trading', 'Gather Simple Pelts'],
    tailoring: ['Wool Cloth Trading', 'Cotton Scrap Trading', 'Gather Cotton Scraps', 'Wool Scraps Trading', 'Gather Wool Scraps'],
    }
    };

Later on you might have enough slots you want to level 2 other crafts to 20 (for the bonus slot) but only want it to use the missions that require no materials. Here is what I'm running for still collecting AD from leadership and leveling tailoring and leatherworking.

_private.professions = {
    leatherworking: ['Gather Simple Pelts'],
    tailoring: ['Gather Wool Scraps'],
    }
    };

Hope this helps.

TZero's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I had understood this but it doesn't seem to be doing what I wanted.

I have 2 professions at level 6 (leadership and platesmithing) and I only want to gather iron ore (for now) in platesmithing.
    I have 3 available work-slots.

What i did was :

replace
    _private.professions = {
    leadership: ['Feed the Needy', 'Protect Caravan', 'Explore Local Area'],
    }
    };
    with
    _private.professions = {
    to_do: ['platesmithing', 'platesmithing', 'platesmithing'],
    platesmithing: ['Gather Iron Ore']
    }
    };
    but , i get a lot of 'TODO : Undefined' getting logged and no new tasks being started.

Any ideas where I went wrong ?

I am using Firefox by the way

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    _private.professions = {
    to_do: ['platesmithing'],
    }
    };

neF4ST's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.
    The new version does not work for me. Console shows "TODO: undefined" and the jobs are not started.

Code:
            _private.professions = {
                to_do: ['mailsmithing', 'leadership'],
                }
            };

TZero's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by onedoesnotsimply View Post
    _private.professions = {
    }
    };
    Thanks for the very fast reply onedoesnotsimply, sadly I am getting the same result.
    I do currently have the first (of three) task slots filled with a job, if that could annoy the script.

It did start 2 tasks (before I stopped it) the first (uneditted version) time I tried the script.
    Since then I have taken a fresh copy of the script to do your edit with.
    Last edited by TZero; 05-24-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Alyusha's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    };

_private.professions = {
    platesmithing: ['Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'Forge Iron Plates' , 'Gather Iron Ore']
    }
    };
    I'm getting the same result with this script as well. I tried the first script before (in a different window) and it filled out my first 3 slots with Leadership tasks like it was suppose to but then stoped working after that as well. Anyone getting the same thing and find a solution?

eddix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could get this to do multiple characters on the same account, I could love you long time =)

Alyusha's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eddix View Post
    If you could get this to do multiple characters on the same account, I could love you long time =)
    I don't see why you couldn't log in with chrome and just open up extra tabs and do it at the same time seeing how each tab is suppose to act like its own browser (not sure about it but that is what Chrome brags about).

Digitalxero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added some extra error logging around profession selection to help me figure out what is breaking for people

neF4ST's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it will fix it, but I'm trying that right now:
    mailsmithing: '.professions-Armorsmithing_Med:visible',
    platesmithing: '.professions-Armorsmithing_Heavy:visible',

proteu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey mate, tks for sharingh your work..

im trying to run the script only with leadership and the job protect caravan
    and the script is hanging... here's the error i dont know how i can try to fix this.

[22:38:24.847] ReferenceError: task_page is not defined @ Web Console:172

Sandaime's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am loving the script. It is working quite well for me. I do notice that if I am not active on the computer it will eventually log me out of the website. I am not sure if this is a function of the web page or my computer settings. It would be nice for this to run continuously until I choose to pause it. I can always emulate activity on the computer side if necessary but if this is a page thing it would be good to know. Are you able to keep your script running indefinitely?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast