0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eddix View Post
    is it limited to 3 task slots? Also, can it do more than one character? For example, I have 5 lvl 60s who are leveling their leadership. For each one, I have 6 task slots and they will eventually get to 8 task slots. Can I tell it which 2 skills to do 3x times? Or will it choose the 2 highest skills and do them 3x each? Also, will it select an asset for every empty slot? For example, I use 2x adventurers for every task, so will it pick both of them for me?
    It will use all task slots and it will do the Profession that is the bottom of the list as many times as you have assets for. It will always fill all assets slots that you have assets for as well, just make sure you sort them in game in the order you want them used.

eg. I work on Leadership, Leatherworking, and Tailoring on one of my characters. When all Professions are the same level this will always work on Tailoring first, then Leatherworking, then Leadership. Once tailoring levels up then it will be Leatherworking->Leadership->Tailoring

JavaScript Lazy Professions
    sdowned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very elegant script!

I noticed it fills in the optional assets as well. How can I prevent that? I tried editing the assets line to be:
    var assets = $('.taskdetails-assets .input-field button :not(:contains("Optional"))');

but it did not work. Any suggestions?

Also how can I stop the script? I tried $(function(){_private.clear_timers();}); but that doesn't work, it still seems to be going.
    Last edited by sdowned; 05-23-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Flatlinedx's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice script

Any chance of adding an array of things to choose before going to random choice?

something like [skill] [level] [Priority] [Count] [Task Name] ?

Then for eg :

[Tailoring] [5] [1] [2] [sew something]
    [Tailoring] [5] [2] [999] [sew rare]
    [Tailoring] [5] [3] [2] [sew a different thing]
    [Tailoring] [6] [1] [2] [sew something]

If blacksmithing, it would stay random.
    If tailor level 1, it would random
    if tailor level 5, it would repeat [sew something] twice, and then [sew rare] whenever it was there, and then [sew a different thing], then if still 5, random.
    if tailor level 6, it would repeat [sew something] ... even tho sew something task might not be level 6.

This would allow folks to work out a levelling sequence they like, and set choices they prefer.

Also, any chance of putting the delays into consts at the top so folks can tinker with them easily?

Digitalxero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sdowned View Post
    very elegant script!

I noticed it fills in the optional assets as well. How can I prevent that? I tried editing the assets line to be:
    var assets = $('.taskdetails-assets .input-field button :not(:contains("Optional"))');

but it did not work. Any suggestions?

Also how can I stop the script? I tried $(function(){_private.clear_timers();}); but that doesn't work, it still seems to be going.
    Reload will stop for now. I'll look into updating it to expose a start/stop method

To not use the optional assets delete (or comment out) lines 170 to 172

Sandaime's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice script. I was going to do this the hard way (capture the web browser actions and replay them) but I like this method better.

The one thing the script really needs is a way to select a specific action rather than the first available. The most efficient way of leveling professions is to craft the tasks that require 15 minutes and have no material requirements. It is consistently available and will net the maximum XP per hour. If there was a way to limit the script to just those tasks, this would be perfect.

sdowned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Digitalxero View Post
    Reload will stop for now. I'll look into updating it to expose a start/stop method

To not use the optional assets delete (or comment out) lines 170 to 172
    Thanks. I had done it another way, but your way seems like a better solution. I learned so much javascript/jquery from your code

Mind if I add this code to my greasemonkey script and share it on my thread? Don't want to blatantly steal your work so if you mind, I'll just keep it to myself.

tarcinli's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sandaime View Post
    Nice script. I was going to do this the hard way (capture the web browser actions and replay them) but I like this method better.

The one thing the script really needs is a way to select a specific action rather than the first available. The most efficient way of leveling professions is to craft the tasks that require 15 minutes and have no material requirements. It is consistently available and will net the maximum XP per hour. If there was a way to limit the script to just those tasks, this would be perfect.
    Remove your materials so only that one will be available

Idias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone having trouble getting the script to run in succession? It scans, and runs the first iteration just fine. The 2nd however it gets stuck.

[2:50:19 PM] Found an empty profession in slot 1 lets start it.
    [2:50:47 PM] Could not select a required item or start the profession: Leadership_Tier1_Feedtheneedy

When I look at the browser myself and select the primary asset, there is no mercenary to be found.
    However, when I click the "Clear Slot" button, the mercenary reappears, and the script runs just fine until it has to run another iteration.

ashyashy's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only for which the script doesn't collect rewards ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flatlinedx View Post
    Nice script

Any chance of adding an array of things to choose before going to random choice?
    Thanks, and yes. I have updated it to let you pick only the profession(s) and Job(s) you wish to work on

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I had done it another way, but your way seems like a better solution. I learned so much javascript/jquery from your code

Mind if I add this code to my greasemonkey script and share it on my thread? Don't want to blatantly steal your work so if you mind, I'll just keep it to myself.
    Nope, share away, just give credit where it is due (eg point back here)

Also I added the ability to stop/start the script

$.nwo.professions.stop()
    $.nwo.professions.start()

it still auto starts, but now you can pause it if you want to go look at the AH or something and come back

sdowned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Digitalxero View Post
    Nope, share away, just give credit where it is due (eg point back here)

Also I added the ability to stop/start the script

$.nwo.professions.stop()
    $.nwo.professions.start()

it still auto starts, but now you can pause it if you want to go look at the AH or something and come back
    thanks!

I believe there is a minor bug. The call to _private.restart_timers(); restarts both timers even if all slots are busy. So you end up looking at the profession page every time the timer expires. The script does recover from this when slots become available, it just looks a little weird.

Question about javascript - How does '.professions-overview:visible' get you to the professions overview page? I don't see that class anywhere on the page. Maybe I missed it.
    Last edited by sdowned; 05-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.

refix7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can this do multiple characters?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks!
    Question about javascript - How does '.professions-overview:visible' get you to the professions overview page? I don't see that class anywhere on the page. Maybe I missed it.
    The way the pressions app works is it rebuilds the content area for each profession you view and hides the others. So if you look at the overview, then all five professions there will be six links to '.professions-overview'. The ':visible' is knows as a pseudo selector that filters your initial query. So it first grabs all six links, then looks over them checking to see if it is visible, which in jQuery is defined as `!display:none && !visibility:hidden` on that element or any of it's parents.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by refix7 View Post
    Can this do multiple characters?
    Not in the same browser, though you can use Chrome, FF & IE to do multiple characters. I have not tested multiple characters on the same account though

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast