0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shinigami187 View Post
    no wonder. thanks for that info at least someone here can actually help instead of trying to criticize someone just cause im not too involved with the exploiting 3rd party process.
    It's useless to know how to do it now. Cryptic knows, that's why the AH is down. Even if you learned how to do it properly you can't post anything on the AH, and it'll be fixed before they bring it back up.

Item duping (Rumor)
    Shinigami187's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Olum View Post
    It's useless to know how to do it now. Cryptic knows, that's why the AH is down. Even if you learned how to do it properly you can't post anything on the AH, and it'll be fixed before they bring it back up.
    Would it still be possible just to save the stacks unless they plan to do a roll back or do what they did with AD/AH bug (bans etc)?

Zero-Cool's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to modify the stack once its been entered into a trade window or mail slot?
    Do, or do not there is no try.

Olum's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shinigami187 View Post
    Would it still be possible just to save the stacks unless they plan to do a roll back or do what they did with AD/AH bug (bans etc)?
    The stacks are not legitimate until you put them on the AH. It's only by selling them on the AH or having them returned unsold that they have any value.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood. Guess it's time to go look at other possible dupe methods.

Shinigami187's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Olum View Post
    The stacks are not legitimate until you put them on the AH. It's only by selling them on the AH or having them returned unsold that they have any value.
    ah got it. thanks.

unattended's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
    Is it possible to modify the stack once its been entered into a trade window or mail slot?
    no. i tried that.

Sketchy21's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the guy early on who said it was real and got bashed saying he was trolling got to take full advantage of this.

Necronomnicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sketchy21 View Post
    So the guy early on who said it was real and got bashed saying he was trolling got to take full advantage of this.
    even if hed told us, we didnt really have enough time to make good use of it because it relied on the auctions ending naturally, off of the itmer, and this was just a couple of days ago I think. we could , however, have made diamonds selling multiple stacks off just 1 base stack if they sold before the AH was taken down. duped items are easy to track though because items are tagged when they're created, too many items like that and any decent developer has something set up to flag it. even eqoa on the ps2 I think some people were caught because they cloned too many stacks for hunt & gather quests to hand in. the unique tags to those items i think was how they were caught if I remember right. for about the past 5 or 6 days, i've suspected someone from cryptic is on watch on these forums , and likely others like it and also the mmogfails blog. too many things very shortly after I see them here, in the public section (and its cheaper for a developer to access elite sections of sites to save themselves work catching things early) there's patches including the stealth one for the clientside stuff. if that guy had posted it, it would likely have been patched yesterday or the day before rather than today lol. either way i think they got clued in and began looking into it.
    Last edited by Necronomnicon; 05-28-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I'm trying to think of a way to trade or deposit into the bank at the same time as changing instance or zoning into PvP/Dungeon. Any ideas?

DavidGr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Necronomnicon View Post
    even if hed told us, we didnt really have enough time to make good use of it because it relied on the auctions ending naturally, off of the itmer, and this was just a couple of days ago I think. we could , however, have made diamonds selling multiple stacks off just 1 base stack if they sold before the AH was taken down. duped items are easy to track though because items are tagged when they're created, too many items like that and any decent developer has something set up to flag it. even eqoa on the ps2 I think some people were caught because they cloned too many stacks for hunt & gather quests to hand in. the unique tags to those items i think was how they were caught if I remember right. for about the past 5 or 6 days, i've suspected someone from cryptic is on watch on these forums , and likely others like it and also the mmogfails blog. too many things very shortly after I see them here, in the public section (and its cheaper for a developer to access elite sections of sites to save themselves work catching things early) there's patches including the stealth one for the clientside stuff. if that guy had posted it, it would likely have been patched yesterday day or the day before rather than today lol. either way i think they got clued in and began looking into it.
    Yes but he was right. His hints said that you need to edit the memory and his second hint was that it had something to do with merchants. So calling people trolls, probably isn't the best way to get them to reveal exploits.

Crap. I can't believe I didn't figure this out. I tried everything, including trying to sell AND trying to mail. All I had to do was drag it onto the AH. AAAAH!

Necronomnicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DavidGr View Post
    Yes but he was right. His hints said that you need to edit the memory and his second hint was that it had something to do with merchants. So calling people trolls, probably isn't the best way to get them to reveal exploits.

Crap. I can't believe I didn't figure this out. I tried everything, including trying to sell AND trying to mail. All I had to do was drag it onto the AH. AAAAH!
    lol probably everybody came that close, funny stuff. i did the AH first, had it all in the wrong order, my mentality was give everything a shot and the AH was the first i hoped would work since they might have a system to make sure people dont lose things in closure or errors. auctions are a good way to dupe things, in eqoa we had a couple of dupes we did through auctions when the system was first introduced tot he game and a friend got banned cause he did it so much. later on we used trading and disconnections ata point when that was fixed though i forget the exact order of things to do but I remember being in a duel had something to do with it. where there's a will, there's a way.

Arrakis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had actually been doing just that, changing stacks and putting it on AH ... except the AH simply wouldn't post the items if the quantities were higher then the "real" quantity.
    Must have a missed a value somewhere

DavidGr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
    Hmm, I'm trying to think of a way to trade or deposit into the bank at the same time as changing instance or zoning into PvP/Dungeon. Any ideas?
    Q for a dungeon, have bank slot open, hit ok on the summon and try to place into bank before it whooshes you away?

lol probably everybody came that close, funny stuff.
    Lol yeah, I'm raging. I just found out a guy from a top guild was doing this all along. He is RL friends with our GL and stops by our Vent every so often. According to others he also openly discussed this dupe with us. I just don't get on Vent too much. Lesson learned.

Now I need to get into a top guild since apparently those guys know all the exploits.
    Last edited by DavidGr; 05-28-2013 at 12:33 AM.

mgb20092010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
    I had actually been doing just that, changing stacks and putting it on AH ... except the AH simply wouldn't post the items if the quantities were higher then the "real" quantity.
    Must have a missed a value somewhere
    Same. I tried the AH but I guess it only worked when froze at 99 - I only tried like 5-10.

even if hed told us, we didnt really have enough time to make good use of it because it relied on the auctions ending naturally, off of the itmer, and this was just a couple of days ago I think. we could , however, have made diamonds selling multiple stacks off just 1 base stack if they sold before the AH was taken down. duped items are easy to track though because items are tagged when they're created, too many items like that and any decent developer has something set up to flag it. even eqoa on the ps2 I think some people were caught because they cloned too many stacks for hunt & gather quests to hand in. the unique tags to those items i think was how they were caught if I remember right. for about the past 5 or 6 days, i've suspected someone from cryptic is on watch on these forums , and likely others like it and also the mmogfails blog. too many things very shortly after I see them here, in the public section (and its cheaper for a developer to access elite sections of sites to save themselves work catching things early) there's patches including the stealth one for the clientside stuff. if that guy had posted it, it would likely have been patched yesterday or the day before rather than today lol. either way i think they got clued in and began looking into it.
    Even if he told us how to in this public section, it still wouldn't matter. It'd be public. Everyone and their mother would do it and it would just cause another rollback and account bans. The game would have been taken down as rapidly as when the unlimited AD exploit was patched.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast