Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funcom's Support System [XP]

Hello,

I'd like to share my rather funny adventure with Funcom's Support system.

My PC got infested by malware that was placed on the Official Age of Conan forums (The thread where the malware-link was placed on existed for over 9 nine days, so alot of people got hacked because of this link).

So I lost access to my account and I contacted Funcom's Support to retrieve my account.

The first mail I sended I asked if I could retrieve my account details (I am the original owner of this account so I sended the original Cd-Key + Gamecards I used on the account).

After 6 Days (Yes, 6 days!) I got my account back (Ofcourse, 6 days is way to long, the hacker had enouf time to do whatever he wanted with the account).

The day afterwards (After I got my account back) Funcom sended me the following mail

Actually I have just spoke with the most recent owner of this account
    and he has provided proof of a valid transaction to sell this account.
    However, since account selling is in violation of our EULA, I am
    permanently closing the account. I am sorry.

--
    Best Regards,

GM Odum
    The most recent owner seems to be the guy who bought the account from the Hacker (So the guy who hacked my account sold the account, which isn't hard since had 6 days the time before Funcom even did something)

Because the hacker sold the account, my account got banned

Keep in mind my account got hacked because I clicked on a link that was given on the Offical Funcon Forums (Just to make clear)

I explained to the support that I was in no way involved in this trade, and that it happened while my account was hacked. And that it is their fault that they gave the hacker 6 days the time to sell the account

At this point it doesn't matter how it happened. The only way an account
    can be compromised is if the owner either a) gives away the information
    b) is careless with the information or c) has malware on their computer
    so the thief can take the info. In all cases, it is still the customer's
    responsibility.

Now, if their was a middle man, I do not know but the current owner gave
    valid proof that they bought the account. Whether that purchase was from
    you or another, we cannot verify it so we will not take it into
    consideration. All we know for sure is the account changed hands and it
    was sold. This is a EULA violation and because of this it is permanently
    closed.

I am sorry but this issue is closed.

--
    Best Regards,

GM Odum
    Senior Funcom Support
    Remember : It is YOUR reponsibility to click on links that are given on THEIR offical forums... Quite amazed me tbh...

The account was active since the first day of age of conan, it even was in the early access. I just want to say that Funcom does no effort for their costumers whatsoever.

And their support is also very slow, 6 days before they responded on my first mail, 2-3 days between my 2nd and 3th mail.

Just warning you that Funcom's Support is incredible bad and they ban very quickly. A mate of mine got banned because he used his credit card (That ran out a few days before he used it. The card got rejected, althought they LIFETIME banned him for using a """"""fake"""""" creditcard. But this card was real, but it only expired...)

If you want a decent support I suggest you to stick to World of Warcraft, Blizzard atleast has a phone support and their employees atleast do effort. This people rather just ban you then spending 10 min on a investigation
    Last edited by TheBluePanda; 07-10-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Funcom's Support System [XP]
    Likeyour's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a decent support I suggest you to stick to World of Warcraft, Blizzard atleast has a phone support and their employees atleast do effort. This people rather just ban you then spending 10 min on a investigation
    That's EXACTLY why I returned to wow, I'm sorry to hear about this, really sad how it has to end like this.

TheBluePanda's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make it even more fun, this is the mail I got this morning

Dear Age of Conan customer,
    We are sending you this mail to notify you that the subscription period for your account xxxxx ended on July 10, 2009.
    Once you are ready to continue your adventures, please log in to https://register.ageofconan.com to reactivate your account. Your friends and enemies in Hyboria await you.
    We wish to thank you very much for spending time with us and we hope to see you again soon.
    Sincerely,
    Funcom

Likeyour's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, very proffesional sending such thing after banning some1...
    I was forum banned for a month (a while back), no idea why, sended c/a 5-ish emails, 0 replies, they just don't care.

TheBluePanda's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Likeyour View Post
    Lol, very proffesional sending such thing after banning some1...
    I was forum banned for a month (a while back), no idea why, sended c/a 5-ish emails, 0 replies, they just don't care.
    They really don't indeed, they haven't responded on my last mail (4 days ago) which was after I got banned. Althought it was all very kindly written, no flames or such. But they couldn't even bother answering the questions I had there...

Funcom support = Not good, currently they have only 1 payed moderator on their forums (US & EU) . All the others are players who do it on free base

Funcom GM = They have created a system where a normal player can gain the powers of a GM, currently 60 % of their GM's are recruited (non-payed) Players.. (Followers of Asura)...

If this can give you an idea how professional they work =)