Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get any influence item with minimal effort

EDITTED WITH SCREENSHOTS

For your faction only, of course. No getting destro gear as order and vice versa

This method is a bit old school involving tsearch, a fancy memory editor. I don't have any other program to do this kind of work, but am open to other suggestions. Googling "tsearch download" will give you plenty of options to grab it. Any version is fine as 99% of the versions on the web are 5+ years old and work (1.6, 1.6b, etc). It comes with a help file that explains what various buttons do. Open tsearch, start WAR, then in tsearch open the WAR process. Now we can begin searching for values.

URL with brief explanation of tsearch - Imageshack - war1o

step 1 - if influence is 0, get some influence in a PQ/RvR area. if your influence is not 0, tsearch for influence value as exact match against 4 bytes. example, you have 100 influence in the high elf chapter 1 PQ. search for "100" as a 4 byte value. you will usually get 100's or 1000000's results. don't worry.
    URL for screenshot of influence - Imageshack - war2p
    URL for screenshot of tsearch search for 100 - Imageshack - war3b

step 2 - get another batch of influence. kill a mob, gather a item, whatever. do a followup tsearch for new influence value. the search next icon is next to the init search icon. be sure you use search next and not init search. you want to find the new value from amongst the old ones.
    URL for screenshot of tsearch follow-up search for 200 (the new influence I got) - Imageshack - war4j

step 3 - repeat step 2 until you get 1 result. this is your client-side influence value. double click the line in the search to place it in the results tab.

step 4 - enable autohack debugger from the authohack menu (if already enabled, it is greyed out). DO NOT FREEZE THE LINE IN THE RESULTS. instead, right-click and select autohack from the popup menu.
    URL for autohack step - Imageshack - war5qhd

step 5 - get more influence via mob kill, item gather, just standing there in a group, however. from the authohack menu, select the autohack window. in the autohack window, it has the mov[eax+0x8],edi instruction (or something similar) in the top. this signifies the instruction that getting influence executed in memory. on the disassembler tab at the bottom of the autohack window, right click the first line (mov [eax+0x8],edi) and select "register."
    URL of autohack window with disassembler tab, line value, and register selection - Imageshack - war6

step 6 - in the register tab of the autohack window, use the red smily face on the BOTTOM checkbox (not the line in the top). in the Register dropdown, select EDI because mov[eax+0x8],edi is placing the value of [eax+0x8] in the EDI register. THEN in the Replace By box, select the influence you want in HEX (ie, 3000 decimal is BB8 in hex). you can get the hex value with windows calculator in scientific mode. simply type in the decimal, then click the Hex radiobutton to get the hex value. PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD DO THE EDI DROPDOWN BEFORE TYPING IN THE REGISTER VALUE AS IT WILL TRY TO PUT THE VALUE INTO THE EAX REGISTER (or whatever the top item in the dropdown is) AUTOMATICALLY. So change the dropdown first. Sorry for trouble folks had with this otherwise!
    URL for register tab with EDI dropdown + hez value (and smily face) - Imageshack - war7s (note that FA1 is 4001 in hex)

step 7 - get more influence via mob kill, whatever. you will jump up to whatever the decimal value you put in and you should see the influence bar fill up. go back to the rally master and select your influence reward.
    URL for screenshot of maxxed influence after next kill - Imageshack - war8
    URL for screenshot of selecting inf reward - Imageshack - war9

Two things are awesome about this. One, if you keep the autohack enabled, you can go to any chapter pq and the system will be tricked into giving you the influence that you input at step 6. No need to kill or do anything. And two, this is client-side and has been ingame since beta. Yes, for over a year now this has not been fixed. It likely will not be fixed because it's client-side manipulation. I say client-side because if you exit the game and log back in, you will lose all the influence you tricked the system into giving you. You can keep and use the influence rewards, but you will not have any of the influence. No big deal.

It sounds like a lot of work, but really once you get used to it, 5 minutes of effort compared to doing tons of PQs and RvR for influence rewards. Not worth it. And wearing blue influence items/rewards makes leveling much easier.

No doubt someone can make this process programmatically easier. I'm a bit of a dev, but not one who can code at such low level (I'm not a C/C++ fan... damn memory management and pointers). With guidance I could figure some stuff out, though, should someone want to make this an automagic thing.

Good luck!
    Last edited by asayama10; 08-03-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Get any influence item with minimal effort
    tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, nice. =) A screenshot guide of the steps would really help those of us that hasent actually done this or even touched tsearch yet but definitely good!
    Last edited by tothxx; 08-02-2009 at 10:29 PM.

xcane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks alot man will +rep when i try it out

asayama10's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated original post with URL links. Hope imageshack holds up
    Last edited by asayama10; 08-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by asayama10 View Post

step 6 - in the register tab of the autohack window, use the red smily face on the BOTTOM checkbox (not the line in the top). in the Replace By box, select the influence you want in HEX (ie, 3000 decimal is BB8 in hex). you can get the hex value with windows calculator in scientific mode. simply type in the decimal, then click the Hex radiobutton to get the hex value. in the Register dropdown, select EDI because mov[eax+0x8],edi is placing the value of [eax+0x8] in the EDI register.
    I dont have any red smiley face..

You should add in a download link for tsearch with the same version you use, I got ahold of 1.6b

And do I have to put the exact max influence value in or could I just use 60000 to have enough for any PQ \ RVR zone in the game?

Rofl, and a warning to everyone if you wanna start again from scratch and close down tsearch WAR will be closed down too =)
    Last edited by tothxx; 08-02-2009 at 11:15 PM.

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think by smiley face you mean to check the value, atleast thats the only thing I can imagine. I get a red cross when I do that so I hope it's correct. Going to try this a couple of more times to see if I can make it work =P

When I tried entering a higher value then the max influence value I crashed though so I recon that means it's a bad idea =p

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It bloody works =) It was as I thought, I dont have a smiley but a red cross, a bit of fail and try again and at last! It bloody works! =P

Fiddly but I had a lot of fun, now it's time to gear out some characters lol =) Ah yeah, you have to use the exact value needed for the PQ, if you have more then the max on influence kab00m, crash.

asayama10's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smily face, red mark, whatever. looks like a smily to be

Sorry if the instructions weren't dummy proof. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but definitely doable. Just don't be silly with it by putting like 10000000000000000000000000 influence as a value. Little bit more than the max is fine.

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm - I keep crashing. I don't think I am entering the proper hex.

Ok - for sake of discussion. Lets say I have 25k of T4 influence already. It says I need 5k to get to the next reward, and another 25k to get to the last reward.

I am assuming the Hex value I need is for 50k total - yes? Or, do I just want to put in the value for what's left?

Also - should the original value not be touched?

And - using your instructions - you state to enter in the hex value - then cilck EDI under the register drop down. When I do that (click on EDI) - what i entered into the replace by area disappears.....am I supposed to enter it again?

Thanks for any help and this looks like an awesome tip.

tothxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, another note is that if you relog after you set this up to max influence for t4 RVR you can just run around and pick up lots of diffrent rewards in all zones even the lower ones. Just make sure you relog in a t4 RVR zone =)

I got so much good shit from this though, T4 influence takes frigging weeks to fill up and it was done in about an hour instead just fiddling around with this. 10\10 as far as the efficiency of the hack goes but a better guide is needed. Real good stuff! =)

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tothxx - can you tell me which number im looking for in terms of the hex value using the example i listed?

Again, say i already have 10k influence and to max it out it says i need 30k more - so do i put into the replacement value 40k or 30k? Thanks.

Jerid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm i worked perfectly, but when i killed a mob in step 7 the game crashed....

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeps crashing for me on step 7 as well.

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - so I have tried putting in the final hex value using:

Combing how much influence I have plus how much I need to max it out = crash upon killing next mob.

Entering in a hex value of only what I need to finish the PQ = crash upon killing the next mob.

Entering in an amount less than what I actually need but more than what I currently have = crash upon killing the next mob.

What am I missing? LOL - getting frustrated.

floodman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got it working somehow - nevermind lol - trying to remember what i did - i think i left the replace value 0 - clicked on edi - then killed a mob which put in a starting value - then i added up what i had plus what i needed and put that in the replace value - killed another mob and it worked - then i did it for t4 rr - and now it works everywhere it seems. very nice!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast