[MineCraft]Would you play on a MMOwned Minecraft server? menu

User Tag List

Poll: Would you play on a MMOwned MineCraft server?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[MineCraft]Would you play on a MMOwned Minecraft server?

I have been toying around with the idea of setting up a MineCraft server for MMOwned. Is it something you would like to see?
    Would like to know before wasting $$

[MineCraft]Would you play on a MMOwned Minecraft server?
    Dombo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I wouldn't.

Sarick's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes totally.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only play but moderate, develop and do configurations.

In other words: Absolutely yes.

Zantas's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I see great posbilities and interests.
    https://i45.tinypic.com/157df7r.jpg

Thunderofnl's Avatar Elite User C# / Java / PHP Programmer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm, if I have minercraft I would but I don't have it... :P

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm, if I have minercraft I would but I don't have it... :P
    We're planning to host a F2P Minecraft server (you can play it without downloading). Multiplayer servers based on the purchasable version are unstable and not so easily modified.
    Also the free multiplayer servers have much more members and programs/server softwares already made ready for use.

Andeby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on what kind of a server it is, for multiplayer I really do prefer the ones where you can just give yourself items and just build.
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:
    One day I try to get it on, nothing happens

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on what kind of a server it is, for multiplayer I really do prefer the ones where you can just give yourself items and just build.
    Read the message above.

I'm thinking of a server with different levels/maps:
    1. Free Build: Anyone can build (even other than MMOwned users). The map is cleaned after it gets filled up. This map will have griefers in it since it's open to everyone, you'll just have to cope with them until you get the builder rank. Of course there will be moderators to kick those people who are breaking the rules.
    2. Builders: When one proves to be a great/contributing user on the free build map he/she gets promoted to a builder and he gets access to the builder map (more commands to use and the buildings will not be cleaned). For users outside MMOwned this rank/map will also require a registration.
    3. Advanced Builders: Advanced builders have even more commands and the map they will have access to is a place where big projects can be started and worked on.

Ranks for the server would be like this: (Quote from MCSharp Wiki)
    Banned
    Block changes made by a banned user will be ignored by the server causing the griefer to think he's still doing harm. The block changes (made after they were banned) will only show for the banned user and don't actually affect anything. You can also use /ban # username to "stealth ban" them if you do not wish for them to know they have been banned. (The # is not a number, it is the # character.) Stealth bans will only notify OP/Admin that the player was banned and will not display the message to the user or anybody else on the server.

By default only allowed to build/visit the main map. If anti-tunneling is on, they are only allowed to tunnel the set amount below sea level. The default is 4. Guest commands: /about, /admins, /afk, /goto, /help, /info, /levels, /mapinfo, /me, /ops, /rules, /time, /players, /spawn, /whois, /whowas

Builder
    Adds the following commands: /paint, /lava, /water, and /tp
    AdvBuilder
    Adds the following commands: /abort, /activelava, /activewater, /cuboid, /kick

Moderator (previously operator)
    Adds the following commands:/ban, /banip, /banned, /bannedip, /bind, /guest, /kickban, /load, /op, /opglass, /replace, /restore, /resetbot, /save, /say, /setrank , /setspawn, /solid, /unban, /unbanip, /unload, /hide

Operator (previously super operator)
    Immune to rank change, can only be given this rank by changing uberops.txt and restarting server. Adds the following commands: /circle, /color, /newlvl, /perbuild, /pervisit, /physics, /botadd, /botremove, /botsummon, /serverreport

Bot
    Reserved for preprogrammed Minecraft clients.
    It's not said we couldn't have different ranks/maps, when it comes to configuring Minecraft almost anything is possible.

I'll take TheOne's TNT server as an example: The server is coded with Python. There are different maps to play the game on. When the game starts players try to blow others by placing a TNTs next to them (there's a visual explosion effect if you're wondering). As you get kills your stats go up and you get more money with which you can buy better guns (all the way up to nukes). So emulation guys: Minecraft could be a nice platform to try different things on .

Here's the server software we would most likely be running on: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/MCsharp
    Last edited by Xel; 11-16-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yar in my spare time. Would essentially request a corner of the map, would love to be able to mess around and make out a nice city. Rough as it would be to look at :P

Ionno, depends if other people break my shi.. main reason why i stopped dinking around early on when i was checking it out.

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see this.
    Death to all but Metal.

ZnyX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alj03 View Post
    I'd love to see this.
    Aussies dun knuw hou to build stuffz!

Smygelito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'f i've read it right you'll make it possible for players that havent bought the game to play it.
    If thats correct i would love to play.
    Do da didi didi dum didi do.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ionno, depends if other people break my shi.. main reason why i stopped dinking around early on when i was checking it out.
    I have an anti-grief system already figured up, also backups will be made frequently so restoring destroyed projects should not be a problem. The best thing is that you won't get access to other maps than main (free build) unless you prove to be trustable. (MMOwned registration and a PM to me required also). Still, some griefers may occasionally get to builder map but to advanced - no way.

If possible I will make sure there's always at least one moderator constantly online so griefers will be kicked even if the system doesn't instantly recognize them. For emulation guys: Scripting makes protecting your building even easier (you can make it so that your buildings can be edited by you only etc.).

I'f i've read it right you'll make it possible for players that havent bought the game to play it.
    If thats correct i would love to play.
    The game is free, really.. it's free. Go to minecraft.net, register, click multiplayer and join a server, that's it. You will hopefully see our server on the list soon. (and yes, the game can be purchased - but the multiplayer mode in the full version is buggy and does not really support freebuilding, also.. it costs )
    Last edited by Xel; 11-17-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Kitsuji's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds boss, I would for sure play on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast