0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry HS players..

Ut oh!
    Recent Actions Against Botting in Hearthstone - Hearthstone

Then on the forums

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...ic/15010701423

Zeriyah" Accounts discovered to be botting or violating our Terms of Service from here on out will receive a perma-ban.
    From blue!

Ben Brode

https://twitter.com/bdbrode/status/526897589774721025

Q:Why not reset accounts along with the bans, allowing people to keep portraits and gained gold/cards seems counter to fair-play.

A:that is the plan going forward.
    Last edited by CreativeXtent; 10-28-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Sorry HS players..
    Etherea's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a theory that bots were detected because the popular ones did not invoke any MouseOver actions as a normal player would. To help confirm or deny this theory can someone who only used the Python color bot comment if they were banned or not?

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the message emailed to people affected by this banwave:
    Greetings,
    Game Account Name: [removed]

Account Action: 3 month suspension
    Offense: Automation of Gameplay (aka "botting")

This activity provides benefits not normally achievable in the game and detracts from the integrity of other players' experience and the Hearthstone game environment. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Terms of Use: us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. Further inappropriate behavior may result in additional penalties, including permanent closure, and the removal of exploitative gains. For dispute of this action and further information on exploitative activity, please review our appeal process: us.battle.net/support/en/article/6741

Thank you for your time and understanding.
    Regards, Customer Service
    Blizzard Entertainment
    This "shock wave" is good for distinguishing the casuals from botters - groups that got mixed up at some point.
    After this you'll have a precise group to perform permanent actions on.

I have a theory that this 3 month banwave was imperfect with a rather large margin of error.
    They're most likely coming up with a much more robust algorithm later this year.

This is a good read: Blizzard Is About to Cull the Population | HearthPoe ? Words about Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
    Last edited by Xel; 10-27-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ran several bots on my HS account for 1 week almsot 24/7, and im fine, but that was 1 month ago.

And as Im not aware of any Warden-like protection for Heartstone at all, so the detection theory dont really have any ground. Most likely, they just flagged these accounts, played 24/7 for days and camping R20 or around.

phorentez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so tired of bots in hearthstone, 3 out of 4 players i meet in rank 10 to rank 1 are shaman and zoo bots.

Etherea's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Blizz scans your PC since that can get them in legal trouble (and has before). Character actions can easily recorded and analyzed server-side (or in real-time), so if for instance you never mouse over any minions or cards is one way they could detect. Of course they could also ban by other criteria like frequency of play, timing of actions (esp bots running 'fast mode'), etc. At any rate it would be interesting to hear from any active botters who dodged the banwave. Can hardly call it banwave tho since it's only till Jan :P

Rozbrykany's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am botting for a long time now with Hearthbuddy no ban at all. Dunno why really because some say they did got banned with Hearthbuddy. Friend of mine using Hearthbuddy also did not get banned.

One thing I find funny about all this is how stupid most of people are. I mean seriously just read some posts on bot forums. I was laughing my ass off. They thought that appealing from a ban the same day the ban wave was issued was a good idea. Also they were dumb enough to write to blizzard that it's because they got hacked. Really people they can tell in 30 seconds if that's the case. And the best thing is that blizzard is doing some copy pasta on them with replay that they are now perma banned and they have no idea what's happening.

This one is direct quote from one of the forums in a topic where guy says he's now perma banned:
    Banned guy - They perma banned me now!
    Other user - WHY DID YOU APPEAL SO FAST. YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR OTHERS TO APPEAL AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS FIRST@@
    Banned guy - I panicked :O

Felt of my chair.

But for real now. Did we even signed any EULA when creating HS account? Or did they banned people on basis of battle.net EULA? I don't remember.
    Last edited by Rozbrykany; 10-28-2014 at 10:28 AM.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated what i found.

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is, I spent 150 euro on this game and disregarding that I used to bot hearthstone. I guess I'm just lazy, and a wipe would ****ing suck.
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawler Forums shut down.
    Closure

Dear Community,

This is our last official announcement. The recent ban wave in Hearthstone hit a lot of users.

After discussing this with Blizzard, it’s clear we have to take off our services/products now. Please note that we’re not going to be commenting further on this.

Thank you all for being part of our community. We are very sad about this but you also know botting is against the rules and we all knew that the day when our products doesn't work anymore would come.

With tears in our eyes we have to say bye.

In Love,

The whole team of Crawlerbots.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Funny thing is, I spent 150 euro on this game and disregarding that I used to bot hearthstone. I guess I'm just lazy, and a wipe would ****ing suck.
    100%,

did you get hit?

Broken_Sound's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botted using both python and hearthcrawler on 2 different accounts largely for this moment.

Results: Python unbanned. hearthcrawler 3 month suspension

I had a strong feeling that the python bot would remain untouched simply because it is impossible to tell if its a bot or just a child with downs trying to have fun. Just run it for, at most say 7hrs. Its plenty of time to achieve your dailies and it gives a pretty good illusion that its a real player.

Hearthcrawler was run on a fresh account and ran roughly 5hrs/day exclusively for farming dailies, it received no actual play.

Slipanc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been botting hard (24\7 most of the times) last 2-3 month with Hearthcralwer and didn't get a ban. Probably because I didn't used a human mode that was available after the last update, because it's used some kind of obvious injection.
    Last edited by Slipanc; 10-31-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Sophistical's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Slipanc View Post
    I have been botting hard (24\7 most of the times) last 2-3 month with Hearthcralwer and didn't get a ban. Probably because I didn't used a human mode that was available after the last update, because it's used some kind of obvious injection.
    The issue is Hearthcrawler forced users to use Human Mode, it started activated.
    So if somebody didn't check the settings after the update, the moment they joined a game and realised it was on then followed on and disabled it, it wouldn't' have made a difference. It flagged your account, and they just left it till yesterdays ban wave.

Nobody can complain though, they have to be lucky it's not a permanent ban. Loosing your stuff for 3 months isn't as bad as loosing it for the rest of your life. Everyone knew it would happen but nobody thought this soon.

Expect the unexpected.

Umbrielik's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sophistical View Post
    The issue is Hearthcrawler forced users to use Human Mode, it started activated.
    So if somebody didn't check the settings after the update, the moment they joined a game and realised it was on then followed on and disabled it, it wouldn't' have made a difference. It flagged your account, and they just left it till yesterdays ban wave.

Nobody can complain though, they have to be lucky it's not a permanent ban. Loosing your stuff for 3 months isn't as bad as loosing it for the rest of your life. Everyone knew it would happen but nobody thought this soon.

Expect the unexpected.
    what is source of this information?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast