0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you level ;_;

Whenever I get a new MMORPG the first thing I do is set aside everything and spend 6 - 12 hours on the game. ESO wasn't an exception.
    However..

I think I played for 11 hours and reached level 9, then another 3 the next day to reach level 10. What am I doing wrong?
    I was told not to choose Ebonheart Pact, so instead I opted for Daggerfall Covenant as they looked cool.

I'm currently using a Sorc, which focuses on AoE damage, with one healing spell because by hell this class just gets wrecked by everything. What am I doing wrong? You guys are rather smart with this kinda thing.

How do you level ;_;
    fearfart's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by llI View Post
    Whenever I get a new MMORPG the first thing I do is set aside everything and spend 6 - 12 hours on the game. ESO wasn't an exception.
    However..

I think I played for 11 hours and reached level 9, then another 3 the next day to reach level 10. What am I doing wrong?
    I was told not to choose Ebonheart Pact, so instead I opted for Daggerfall Covenant as they looked cool.

I'm currently using a Sorc, which focuses on AoE damage, with one healing spell because by hell this class just gets wrecked by everything. What am I doing wrong? You guys are rather smart with this kinda thing.
    You're doing nothing wrong. Step out of the guildwars 2/rift/mists of pandaria mindset and back into WoW classic, DAoC, Runescape and Everquest mindset - where leveling in itself is a huge part of your journey and where reaching max level could easily take 1 or 2 months. Hate it or love it, this is the route ESO seems to have gone for now. Try to keep a focus on single target killing and healing for your first 20 or so levels, things will be better once you unlock your ultimates and such but the real AoE killing action only happens once you hit roughly lvl 38-42 of your skill trees and unlock stuff such as impulse.

Take the world in, smell the flowers, catch some butterflies, read the quest text - or don't, just enjoy yourself and before you know it you'll be rank 10.

Kryptus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by llI View Post
    However..

My Opinion: Daggerfall Covenant is the perfect alliance. Ebonheart is pretty dead and Dominion is just stuck up elves.

Your Options to Level fast:
    1. Grind Quests
    2. Go on killing sprees (enemies higher or equal level)
    3. Go to Cyrodiil, kills, participating in raiding/defending, and quests will boost your level. (I reccomend going to a city in Cyrodiil like Bruma, each quest there is extremely easy and worth 3,020 XP.
    4. Find a high level player to go to a high level area with to kill enemies/do quests with.
    5. Get a Bot and run it.

Kryptus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fearfart View Post
    You're doing nothing wrong. Step out of the guildwars 2/rift/mists of pandaria mindset and back into WoW classic, DAoC, Runescape and Everquest mindset - where leveling in itself is a huge part of your journey and where reaching max level could easily take 1 or 2 months. Hate it or love it, this is the route ESO seems to have gone for now. Try to keep a focus on single target killing and healing for your first 20 or so levels, things will be better once you unlock your ultimates and such but the real AoE killing action only happens once you hit roughly lvl 38-42 of your skill trees and unlock stuff such as impulse.

Take the world in, smell the flowers, catch some butterflies, read the quest text - or don't, just enjoy yourself and before you know it you'll be rank 10.
    "I think I played for 11 hours and reached level 9, then another 3 the next day to reach level 10."

fearfart's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kryptus View Post
    "I think I played for 11 hours and reached level 9, then another 3 the next day to reach level 10."
    Uh I thought the idea of the game was to enjoy yourself, he's doing nothing wrong if those 14 hours were fun. Ofcourse if he disliked them then yes he should look into more efficient leveling styles and builds. Most fun I've had so far was dicking around on auridon at level 8 just exploring the shit out of every cave and behind every rock.. VR6 now and still rocking on

llI's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kryptus View Post
    Yes, that's clearly slow, hence why I made a thread.. it's not like those 14 hours were even slightly painful, in that time I was getting a feel for things, experimenting..
    I'm now level 32 and feeling the boredom. I cannot go into a new zone as I'm behind.. and I've done all the quests in the 3 starting areas, got every skyshard, lorebook, done every objective/dungeon.

It's now that I'm looking at thinking about botting, but watching it, so if someone calls me out I can hit pause and tell them to stfu. idk if botting with a sorc is even a good idea, more-so one that is a full healer. Maybe I'll go on legit for 6 levels until the next zone opens up.

idk

nGxSiphor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you had done all the quests for your zone and previous zones, You wouldnt be level 32 and more so, Behind in levels. Theres always quests & hiddens quest, in caves & behind objects. Assuming youve cleared the whole map and turned the Black Map Markers back to White (Meaning youve finished the quest line there).
    Make sure to complete all the Dolmens & World Bosses. They give sizeable exprience chunks
    Last edited by nGxSiphor; 05-21-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Jackie1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can level 1-50 in 20 hours... aoe grinding.

llI's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nGxSiphor View Post
    If you had done all the quests for your zone and previous zones, You wouldnt be level 32 and more so, Behind in levels. Theres always quests & hiddens quest, in caves & behind objects. Assuming youve cleared the whole map and turned the Black Map Markers back to White (Meaning youve finished the quest line there).
    Make sure to complete all the Dolmens & World Bosses. They give sizeable exprience chunks
    Yup! Done all them for the starter zone in DC, I'm currently doing bangkoi or whatever its called, but mobs hit hard there.

Originally Posted by Jackie1234 View Post
    you can level 1-50 in 20 hours... aoe grinding.
    .. That's exactly what I'm asking man, if I knew where to AoE farm, I wouldn't have made a thread.