Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] Probably something any of you can help with...

I just started attempting to learn the C language. I'm running into a problem, and I'm sure I'm more than likely just doing something incredibly stupid, but maybe you guys can help me out.

I'm reading through K&R and in the first chapter it wants to me to make and compile the following program.

This is what happens.

I know I'm probably doing something utterly wrong such as using the wrong type of program, wrong type of coding, not speaking English, etc.

Could someone give me a kick in the right direction as to how to go about this?

I'm using Visual C# to do this in. The way I started the project was by selecting the first template, viewing the code, and deleting everything in the box. I would like to just start a project by using Blank Project, but I don't really know where to start from there. When I click add item a ton of stuff comes up in the toolbar and I don't know which one to use to start typing in code. I'm really just completely and utterly lost as to where and how to compile this...

[Help] Probably something any of you can help with...
    Asbadian's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried it and it didn't work. I'm not programmer either (yet...or ever...maybe sometime soon...hopefully), but from what I've seen they're always making things like that complicated 8D. But no, that didn't help. Thanks for the quick reply, though. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Asbadian's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought C# and C were the same thing... >_<...

Edit: Well, now I know to head towards C#. I don't know what made me think they were the same. Thanks for helping me realize my own ignorance. ;D
    Last edited by Asbadian; 01-09-2011 at 09:54 PM.